Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

This is not a laughing matter!

rhea ripley's been solid af the past few weeks on NXT, i got faith she can be legit. io sharai's been pretty dope too. 

aew's women have been pretty rough. but i was ******* with jamie hayter a couple weeks ago. they should push her. and i think they got ivelisse velez if they're ever gonna use her 

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

rhea ripley's been solid af the past few weeks on NXT, i got faith she can be legit. io sharai's been pretty dope too. 

aew's women have been pretty rough. but i was ******* with jamie hayter a couple weeks ago. they should push her. and i think they got ivelisse velez if they're ever gonna use her 

Shayna and Rhea are my girls. By far my favorite female wrestlers in the WWE (and overall, most likely).

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Shayna and Rhea are my girls. By far my favorite female wrestlers in the WWE (and overall, most likely).

i thought you were trolling with shayna tbh. she's like biker chick version of bayley to me. i've liked her run as champ tho, i just don't like her on the mic personally. 

have you been watching AEW out of curiosity? 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

i thought you were trolling with shayna tbh. she's like biker chick version of bayley to me. i've liked her run as champ tho, i just don't like her on the mic personally. 

How dare you. That's means for a butt whoopin' boy.

Just now, FinneasGage said:

have you been watching AEW out of curiosity? 

Watched the initial episode. Haven't caught it since.

15 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Sure, on some level, it's outstanding for women in saudi arabia but wwe should not be judged on the saudi arabian values. do not give me a fake narrative about how this is the women's evolution and then make them lower themselves to the backwards *** culture in saudi arabia. 

it is what it is. wwe doesn't care about blood money. 

This is culturally insensitive trash tbh...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Ripley is the one to take the belt off shayna and dominate NXT for the next year.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:44 AM, beekay414 said:

WWE's womens division is head and shoulders above AEW's (if you limit the sample set to just NXT the gap only increases).  It's not even just a case of athleticism (where some in NXT like Candice LeRay suffer), it's also a case of even the ones who aren't as technically sound are simply better at getting fans invested in matches.  Honestly, Impact's womens division is stronger than AEW's (and that's even if you leave Tessa out of it).  And AEW isn't doing themselves any favors the way they book their womens division; the female wrestlers they have who get the crowd the most invested aren't even featured (in Kong's case it's because she's clearly a part-time talent, but Brandi is over more with the crowds than anyone else and she's practically as green as Britt Baker is). Short of Britt in her hometown, they really haven't given anyone any reason to get behind the female talent.  If they don't manage to sign Tessa, they honestly might as well pack up the division or just feature it more on AEW Dark than on Dynamite until they can actually build a star.

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

WWE's womens division is head and shoulders above AEW's (if you limit the sample set to just NXT the gap only increases).  It's not even just a case of athleticism (where some in NXT like Candice LeRay suffer), it's also a case of even the ones who aren't as technically sound are simply better at getting fans invested in matches.  Honestly, Impact's womens division is stronger than AEW's (and that's even if you leave Tessa out of it).  And AEW isn't doing themselves any favors the way they book their womens division; the female wrestlers they have who get the crowd the most invested aren't even featured (in Kong's case it's because she's clearly a part-time talent, but Brandi is over more with the crowds than anyone else and she's practically as green as Britt Baker is). Short of Britt in her hometown, they really haven't given anyone any reason to get behind the female talent.  If they don't manage to sign Tessa, they honestly might as well pack up the division or just feature it more on AEW Dark than on Dynamite until they can actually build a star.

Add Scarlett Bordeaux in for WWE/NXT now too. She recently signed. 

On 11/2/2019 at 6:27 AM, buno67 said:

That was one of the best smack downs in a long time!

vince, please hand it over to HHH before you cost yourself even more money. That would be the best investment he could do 

Don't think for a second that everything that went on there wasn't signed off on by Vince or that he wasn't sitting in Gorilla for the entire thing.  I've been one of the more open Vince critics on here, but I've also been insistent that he be given credit where it's due.  He didn't write that episode, but he also showed the restraint in not stepping in with his token tweaks and that deserves recognition.

One place where I'll lobby some righteous criticism at that episode of Smackdown (and of Hunter, because this was absolutely his doing - possibly with the old man's pushing): They hurt the heat by closing with a Hunter promo.  It's not like you don't have a great talker that you're showcasing as your "leader" of NXT in Adam Cole.  There's nothing stopping him from being the one to deliver the promo.  Pushing the NXT guys and gals as "Triple H's army" again takes the shine of them and turns the spotlight on... wait for it... Hunter.  That's not how you build stars, that's putting the focus right back on the stars of the past (who only work part-time at best).  Then you get to RAW and they're more or less booking NXT as the heels - which is foolish because 1) There's no way in hell that fans in attendance are going to boo the NXT folks, they're not going to cheer Seth just because he refuses to side with them and 2) You're trying to market them to help their show too and they're the ones who are actually head-to-head with competition, so you don't want to kneecap the whole brand by making them the villains in a storyline against the main roster.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Add Scarlett Bordeaux in for WWE/NXT now too. She recently signed. 

That's why I was hesitant to even bring up TNA's division because, depending on where Tessa goes - with her contract expiring relatively soon - most of their premier talent not named Rosemary, Jordynne Grace, and Su Yung are headed for WWE/NXT (Scarlett, likely Taya - unless she and Johnny get the children bug).  Maybe they build Tenille/Emma into something big, but I have my doubts.  Taya just got the strap because they're trying to coax her into an extension and they're working Tessa in inter-gender programs, but she's likely out once the contract's up.  And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rosemary split for NWA if they gain enough traction with these Powerr studio shows.