Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

8 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

How can it not be? It's almost the same word for word. I don't let bias get in the way of an argument. Don't let it get in the way for you. I like both shows. Had wwe used an AEW promo almost word for word, you'd be up in arms. 

I haven't watched any WWE TV in months so I wouldn't catch on to that. That's one example featuring a performer citing his own work. I'm not going to pretend AEW has been original because it hasn't but it's damn good and recycled is not the word I would use to describe it.

Edited by Bullet Club

51 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I don't mind a lot of what they're doing but some is flat out bad. I'll point out some super bad stuff. 

Why is Janela going 20 minute against Omega? Omega is a star. Why couldn't it be a squash or a 5 minute match. 

Why is Marko Stunt a thing? It's embarrassing. 

They have over a year to collect talent yet somehow the roster still feels super thin and I feel like I'm watching the same stuff week in and week out and it's only been what? 6 weeks. 

I'm an AEW fan but some of the stuff they do rubs me the wrong way. It makes me not want to watch. 

Before i answer it, just let me add a few more things, i didn't meantion while talking about honoring Dusty Rhodes. That obviously includes trademarking and using events connected to his name. I think it was Dusty who came up with the name Bash at the Beach. They trademarked Bunkhouse Stampede, an old tournament in the Jim Crockett Promotion, that is deeply connected to Dusty Rhodes as he won all of them back then. Don't be surprised that they are using it as well in the future. They trademarked Battlebowl, just another event connecty with the Rhodes family, so all of it is just fitting perfectly into that family history.

So back to the questions.

Why should Janela get destroyed by Omega?

That's WWE booking and just stupid, because they want to create new stars and not destroy them before they are even getting a chance to proove themselves. Omega is a star to you and me, maybe not to the main stream viewer, but for the target audience he is a star. What do stars need to do? They need to help building up new stars, something WWE is missing for years. He is unselfish and he's helping to bring other guys over. He still won against Janela and looked strong and meanwhile Janela looked strong as well. Then Omega goes toe to toe with Jon Moxley. So that Joey Janela performance looks even more impressive as he was so close to beat Omega, who again was close to beat Moxley. It's just smart booking. And even people, who didn't knew much about him before, will connect more likely to him after a long match, than after a simple squash. It's just a win-win situation to book it like that and to top that they seem to do it for a reason. Omega struggles to find ways to win the big matches. I think they are having something in mind for him.

Why is Marko Stunt a thing?

Well why not? We're in 2019. Do u know Muggsy Bogues? A basketball player of 1,60m or 5 ft 3 in. He played over a decade in the NBA. Why shouldn't Marko Stunt be able to do the same, just in a wrestling ring? Rey Mysterio did it before him. Also keep in mind, that the Luchasaurus injury wasn't planned. They had to come up with something and put in Marko Stunt instead. In the match against the Lucha Brothers they just underestimated him totally. A simple and classic match story to explain why Marko Stunt was able to hang on with them for a longer time. I think they are doing the best of it. Also i really recommend you to watch that room service interview with the Jurassic Express. That's really interesting and i really liked the stories of all 3 of them, which just helps to connect with them, including Marko Stunt.

You also said that the roster is thin and u feel like watching the same things again.

Well i don't think the roster is to small. They have just enough talent to showcase all of them. Maybe add in a few more in some areas where they needed to get in more talent. The womens division f.ex., but in general they are on a size where they should be feeling quite comfortable. They have enough time to show everybody and build up everybody. They got their stars and they got established wrestlers, but they also got the likes of Darby Allin, MJF and Luchasaurus who are new faces and at least for me are clicking right away. Sammy Guevara is getting his time to establish him to the audience on the side of Jericho. Wardlow just made his debut and probably is going to get his time with MJF. Even Orange Cassidy is doing his comedy stuff, which really works out well. For now they did a really good job to integrate new talents and bring them over. Actually i'm really surprised how easy it was to connect with them. There are more across the board and then u have that strong tag team division with new teams who are just getting started. Private Party getting that huge win over the Young Bucks. A huge step for them to getting over as well. You got a lot of proven tag teams in that divison and SCU as champs who are doing a good job so far. I'm really surprised by Scorpio Sky as he's doing really good and i think he even has the potential to get a run in the singles divison. The womens divison is the division that is a problem for now on. Recently they started to build that up with more air time for the talents, which does helps a bit. We'll see how it continues but they are trying to get it over. The addition of Shanna helped. Jamie Hayter is doing a fine job as well and i thin she got some potential in her. I hope they´'ll sign Kris Statlander, who could be another girl to help that divison. They are adding talent and i think it starts to work out. We'll see what happens here in the next few weeks/months. Maybe u need that big star, but it's really hard to get that. They really need to make a strong push for Tessa Blanchard.

I also don't think like i watched the same stuff every week. The storys are always continuing. Ok there might be 2 incidents of matches that were shown again. The PAC vs Page match and the Omega vs Janela match, they showed on Dynamite after they showed it on the previous Dark episode. The first one was a rubber match, although it would have been enough to end it on the PPV, which i think would have been better. That's indeed a problem, but that's like the only thing that really has repeated so far. The Omega vs Janela match was rather a way to honor their match on Dark by giving them the spot to show it in TV again. I'm ok with that. The shows itself are different. Even the mix in itself is different. They started out with wrestling heavy episodes and now they started to mix in more and more elements of entertaining. I actually think each episode feels different to each other. An evolution happend for sure between the first and the seventh episode. So i don't really know what you mean by that, as i'm not feeling the same.

Edited by Edge

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Before i answer it, just let me add a few more things, i didn't meantion while talking about honoring Dusty Rhodes. That obviously includes trademarking and using events connected to his name. I think it was Dusty who came up with the name Bash at the Beach. They trademarked Bunkhouse Stampede, an old tournament in the Jim Crockett Promotion, that is deeply connected to Dusty Rhodes as he won all of them back then. Don't be surprised that they are using it as well in the future. They trademarked Battlebowl, just another event connecty with the Rhodes family, so all of it is just fitting perfectly into that family history.

So back to the questions.

That's WWE booking and just stupid, because they want to create new stars and not destroy them before they are even getting a chance to proove themselves. Omega is a star to you and me, maybe not to the main stream viewer, but for the target audience he is a star. What do stars need to do? They need to help building up new stars, something WWE is missing for years. He is unselfish and he's helping to bring other guys over. He still won against Janela and looked strong and meanwhile Janela looked strong as well. Then Omega goes toe to toe with Jon Moxley. So that Joey Janela performance looks even more impressive as he was so close to beat Omega, who again was close to beat Moxley. It's just smart booking. And even people, who didn't knew much about him before, will connect more likely to him after a long match, than after a simple squash. It's just a win-win situation to book it like that and to top that they seem to do it for a reason. Omega struggles to find ways to win the big matches. I think they are having something in mind for him.

Well why not? We're in 2019. Do u know Muggsy Bogues? A basketball player of 1,60m or 5 ft 3 in. He played over a decade in the NBA. Why shouldn't Marko Stunt be able to do the same, just in a wrestling ring? Rey Mysterio did it before him. Also keep in mind, that the Luchasaurus injury wasn't planned. They had to come up with something and put in Marko Stunt instead. In the match against the Lucha Brothers they just underestimated him totally. A simple and classic match story to explain why Marko Stunt was able to hang on with them for a longer time. I think they are doing the best of it. Also i really recommend you to watch that room service interview with the Jurassic Express. That's really interesting and i really liked the stories of all 3 of them, which just helps to connect with them, including Marko Stunt.

Well i don't think the roster is to small. They have just enough talent to showcase all of them. Maybe add in a few more in some areas where they needed to get in more talent. The womens division f.ex., but in general they are on a size where they should be feeling quite comfortable. They have enough time to show everybody and build up everybody. They got their stars and they got established wrestlers, but they also got the likes of Darby Allin, MJF and Luchasaurus who are new faces and at least for me are clicking right away. Sammy Guevara is getting his time to establish him to the audience on the side of Jericho. Wardlow just made his debut and probably is going to get his time with MJF. Even Orange Cassidy is doing his comedy stuff, which really works out well. For now they did a really good job to integrate new talents and bring them over. Actually i'm really surprised how easy it was to connect with them. There are more across the board and then u have that strong tag team division with new teams who are just getting started. Private Party getting that huge win over the Young Bucks. A huge step for them to getting over as well. You got a lot of proven tag teams in that divison and SCU as champs who are doing a good job so far. I'm really surprised by Scorpio Sky as he's doing really good and i think he even has the potential to get a run in the singles divison. The womens divison is the division that is a problem for now on. Recently they started to build that up with more air time for the talents, which does helps a bit. We'll see how it continues but they are trying to get it over. The addition of Shanna helped. Jamie Hayter is doing a fine job as well and i thin she got some potential in her. I hope they´'ll sign Kris Statlander, who could be another girl to help that divison. They are adding talent and i think it starts to work out. We'll see what happens here in the next few weeks/months. Maybe u need that big star, but it's really hard to get that. They really need to make a strong push for Tessa Blanchard.

I also don't think like i watched the same stuff every week. The storys are always continuing. Ok there might be 2 incidents of matches that were shown again. The PAC vs Page match and the Omega vs Janela match, they showed on Dynamite after they showed it on the previous Dark episode. The first one was a rubber match, although it would have been enough to end it on the PPV, which i think would have been better. That's indeed a problem, but that's like the only thing that really has repeated so far. The Omega vs Janela match was rather a way to honor their match on Dark by giving them the spot to show it in TV again. I'm ok with that. The shows itself are different. Even the mix in itself is different. They started out with wrestling heavy episodes and now they started to mix in more and more elements of entertaining. I actually think each episode feels different to each other. An evolution happend for sure between the first and the seventh episode. So i don't really know what you mean by that, as i'm not feeling the same.

These were the longest paragraphs of excuses I've ever seen. 

Once you even mentioned Stunt and Mysterio in the same breath, you lost me man. We're talking worlds of talent better than the other here. 

Mugsy? Really. Did he have to "fight" grown men in a wrestling ring. Give me a break. Marko Stunt is insulting when he's had offense against people like the lucha brothers. Spike Dudley was bigger and would sell his *** off but only have a couple spots where he got offense in. 

They'll out Stunt in the dark order to get him away from two guys that will actually be able to draw money. Saures and Jungle Boy. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

6 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

These were the longest paragraphs of excuses I've ever seen. 

That's the worst everyday-argument or non-argument that unfortunately is said thousands of times in forums around the world. Why not just tell me where and why you disagree with me, instead of shutting a discussion down.

6 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Once you even mentioned Stunt and Mysterio in the same breath, you lost me man. We're talking worlds of talent better than the other here. 

Mugsy? Really. Did he have to "fight" grown men in a wrestling ring. Give me a break. Marko Stunt is insulting when he's had offense against people like the lucha brothers. Spike Dudley was bigger and would sell his *** off but only have a couple spots where he got offense in. 

They'll out Stunt in the dark order to get him away from two guys that will actually be able to draw money. Saures and Jungle Boy. 

If you're not liking Marko Stunt i won't change your opinion about him. But i still think that they were telling a simple story within that match. The Lucha Brothers clearly underestimated Stunt and played with him, which backfired. That's a rather normal narrative within a match. Otherwise i can just tell you to watch that room service interview with him, or go watch his interview with Chris Van Vliet to get to know him a little bit better. Will it Change your opinion on him? Probably not, but u're able to understand where he's coming from.

Also that Muggsy example should just show you, that even small people can be successful against all odds in a real sport where they are saying that he was to small to be successful. Take Nicky Ryan, a BJJ fighter as an other example. He's bigger than Marko Stunt, but still smaller than his competition and it still works out well for him. Also if only the height is a problem, then smaller guys should never be in a ring with bigger guys. WCW had the cruiserweight division and probably changed the industry in that regard two decades ago. Hell following that argument no smaller wrestler should ever hang on with a largely bigger guy. Or even defeat him. In the end we're still talking about wrestling were the narrative must be fitting.

On 11/19/2019 at 2:17 PM, baltimoreRebel said:

How can it not be? It's almost the same word for word. I don't let bias get in the way of an argument. Don't let it get in the way for you. I like both shows. Had wwe used an AEW promo almost word for word, you'd be up in arms. 

it's wrestling, you can't reinvent the wheel with it. 

also. jim cornette. wow. ok. 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

then you wouldn't dislike him for his size? 

i am by no means a marko fan. but there's a place in wrestling for him. 

Much like there was a place for hornswaggle. You can have him in matches and in wrestling, but do not tell me he is a legitimate competitor against guys like Pentagon Jr. (side note I have not watched tonights Dynamite)

This MJF character. Hes the identical twin to this guy that rented a couple houses down from me in college. Except my MJF had blond hair. Same mouth movements when talking, same voice and expressions, same stocky short build.

And he would do the stupidest things you could imagine, yet away from the stupid, held that MJF prick attitude. Like one morning I look out the window and here comes dude walking down the street headed home. Looking like someone dragged him behind a car. So I go out and hes, "Man, I was riding around on my bike and got bored. So I bought a couple bottles of Robitussin (Old style) and downed them. Then I couldnt ride my bike anymore so I tried walking it. Then I couldnt walk it anymore so I left it in a ditch. And I passed out in the parking lot behind the gas station all night. Can you help me find my bike?"

20 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

man, the people that dislike stunt for his size aren't understanding that pro wrestling is outed, no one cares that it's fake anymore. 

People know its fake but it needs a realness feel that people can buy in to. Adv age of NXT viewers was 54 one week. Older people watching out of a lifetime habit mainly.

Theres a place for little guys, and its far away from the Heavyweight class. Unless the special storyline pops up like it did for Rey or Bryan. Just look at the Revival. Stick them in WCW against Harlem Heat, Chronic, The Outsiders and such. Theyd look like hired local jobbers paid to take a 20 second pin.

There is a place for small guys and cruisers. Just like it is for Boxing and UFC. Roy Jones Jr and Mayweather never needed Heavyweight division success to be known. Nobody but very few, as viewership shows, can buy in to what theyre trying to push with the product.

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Much like there was a place for hornswaggle. You can have him in matches and in wrestling, but do not tell me he is a legitimate competitor against guys like Pentagon Jr. (side note I have not watched tonights Dynamite)

You'll probably enjoy this weeks Marko sighting.