Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 1/29/2020 at 10:08 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Ive lost all faith in Omega since out from under control of NJPW. He has 0 sense of the business in trying to run things on his own. Ive never seen a career fall off a cliff so badly. What hes trying to do with the womens division in AEW is worse than WWE pushing Fuglies for Snowflake and agenda sake.

i wish there was a mute button

49 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

oh cool my bad i didn't know the idiot who is being shunned by now every wrestling promotion in the world would change my mind, nevermind dude you're right, ugly women can't wrestle!!

I never said they couldnt wrestle. I said the great ones that can should be used to enhance and help the others.

Could Hogan, Warrior or Andre wrestle? No.

But Bret and HBK sure could. And what happened when the torch was passed to them? The ratings plummeted. WCW took over.

Wrestling is about the appeal of their characters reaching as many as possible. Not catering to a small portion of locked in fans that wouldnt stop watching no matter what they did.

So we might be mentioning the womens side. But its for both. Its nothing but a scripted tv show. It needs its characters that people can buy into and want to see. Or its just more of the same thats been turning people away by the thousand. Post Rumble Raw, down 15% from the post Rumble show a year ago. The idea in running a business is to make money, not panhandle to some small group.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I never said they couldnt wrestle. I said the great ones that can should be used to enhance and help the others.

But Bret and HBK sure could. And what happened when the torch was passed to them? The ratings plummeted. WCW took over.

Wrestling is about the appeal of their characters reaching as many as possible. Not catering to a small portion of locked in fans that wouldnt stop watching no matter what they did.

So we might be mentioning the womens side. But its for both. Its nothing but a scripted tv show. It needs its characters that people can buy into and want to see. Or its just more of the same thats been turning people away by the thousand. Post Rumble Raw, down 15% from the post Rumble show a year ago. The idea in running a business is to make money, not panhandle to some small group.

right, mandy rose has a great character. what is her character? fake boobs? there is literally nothing interesting about her. 

it isn't wrestling catering to a minority. it's people bored of overdone makeup, fake boobs and bad acting. "kenny omega pushing the fuglies just like wwe" given that women's wrestling has never been more popular, seems like you're probably in the minority there. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

right, mandy rose has a great character. what is her character? fake boobs? there is literally nothing interesting about her. 

it isn't wrestling catering to a minority. it's people bored of overdone makeup, fake boobs and bad acting. "kenny omega pushing the fuglies just like wwe" given that women's wrestling has never been more popular, seems like you're probably in the minority there. 

"women's wrestling has never been more popular"

Its not the slightest bit popular. None of wrestling in general is popular at the moment. Ratings are in the dumpster, with only diehards remaining from what it once was. And still half complain about the product. Many a Raw had the likes of Sable, Torrie and Trish having the highest ratings segments. Which is millions more than any womens segments getting today.

Like I said. Mandy Rose dominated all media views after the Rumble. Liv-Lanas match has 4x the Youtube viewers alone than Charlottes match on the same show this week. If youre running a business. You have to see where the money is and use it. If theyre the ones drawing the viewers, then yes. Use Charlotte to enhance them in matches and put them over for the public. Which is no different than what her dad did for Sting, Lugar and the likes because they were new guys that had "the look" to draw. They wernt sitting in catering.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

On 1/31/2020 at 9:04 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

I swear, if you don't worship at the Alter of Vince Russo, I'm genuinely flabbergasted.

Also, you're memory of the 90's is kinda bad.  WCW, before Ted Turner started greenlighting Bischoff to give out ridiculous guaranteed contracts that the market had never seen before, was getting destroyed by a WWF that was featuring Bret and Shawn as their more stallwart champions (along with Nash - who was poached - and Bob "old as dirt" Backlund).  Ratings in the 90's didn't mean much of anything, it was PPV buys that matter more to cable-providers (which were the bigger source of revenue to the promotions - the main reason why the whole In Your House stuff was even started, in order to try and seize as saturating the market as much as they could without hitting the tipping point).

On 1/31/2020 at 8:00 PM, Troy Brown said:

oh cool my bad i didn't know the idiot who is being shunned by now every wrestling promotion in the world would change my mind, nevermind dude you're right, ugly women can't wrestle!!

There are very legitimate reasons to be critical of Cornette, but saying he's "being shunned by every promotion in the world" is a bald-faced lie.  Dude hates flying with a passion, so that's going to limit the pool of for bookings to begin with.  Him getting canned by NWA was as much, if not more, a case of NWA's production/management's incompetency as Cornette having a sense of humor that's 20 years too old.

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

I swear, if you don't worship at the Alter of Vince Russo, I'm genuinely flabbergasted.

Also, you're memory of the 90's is kinda bad.  WCW, before Ted Turner started greenlighting Bischoff to give out ridiculous guaranteed contracts that the market had never seen before, was getting destroyed by a WWF that was featuring Bret and Shawn as their more stallwart champions (along with Nash - who was poached - and Bob "old as dirt" Backlund).  Ratings in the 90's didn't mean much of anything, it was PPV buys that matter more to cable-providers (which were the bigger source of revenue to the promotions - the main reason why the whole In Your House stuff was even started, in order to try and seize as saturating the market as much as they could without hitting the tipping point).

WCW bought up the big time personas. WWF had the top wrestlers on top. And the personas won out. They didnt win the ratings war until they developed their own larger than life personalities again.

Always seen the praise of Bobby Eaton and what an over the top worker he was. Goldberg (a pretty bad worker) wanted to drop the title to him for his first loss. It would have been a disaster if that happened. Because Eaton didnt have the "It" factor needed. Which is exactly whats been happening in todays wrestling. Got a balding, 4th grade sized, no mic skilled gymnast pushed against 2 time UFC Champion Brock for the title? Its ridiculous. Lashley is right there with a tremendous MMA background in his own right and they continue to refuse the matchup because of whom they want to hand pick.

Be it men or women. You cant push workers over draws and bury your draws. You use your workers to enhance you draws. If Mandy Liv or Lana, the 3 most viewed women wrestlers the past week are doing multiple times the views of Charlotte. You use Charlotte to enhance them. You dont push Charlotte harder. Force feeding is whats created so much animosity towards WWE with the likes of Cena, Charlotte and Roman to begin with.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

WCW bought up the big time personas. WWF had the top wrestlers on top. And the personas won out. They didnt win the ratings war until they developed their own larger than life personalities again.

Always seen the praise of Bobby Eaton and what an over the top worker he was. Goldberg (a pretty bad worker) wanted to drop the title to him for his first loss. It would have been a disaster if that happened. Because Eaton didnt have the "It" factor needed. Which is exactly whats been happening in todays wrestling. Got a balding, 4th grade sized, no mic skilled gymnast pushed against 2 time UFC Champion Brock for the title? Its ridiculous. Lashley is right there with a tremendous MMA background in his own right and they continue to refuse the matchup because of whom they want to hand pick.

Be it men or women. You cant push workers over draws and bury your draws. You use your workers to enhance you draws. If Mandy Liv or Lana, the 3 most viewed women wrestlers the past week are doing multiple times the views of Charlotte. You use Charlotte to enhance them. You dont push Charlotte harder. Force feeding is whats created so much animosity towards WWE with the likes of Cena, Charlotte and Roman to begin with.

WCW bought up who they could get.  Stop choosing to only start telling history from a starting point that supports your narrative.  But you genuinely can't resist it, can you?  You can't make arguments without going to hyperbolic ends to try to make your position seem more extreme.  Bobby Eaton was a massive draw... in the 80's... by the time Goldberg was even a thing WCW had turned him into little more than enhancement talent because 1) he never had the bodybuilder physique but his body started to show the girth of age at that point and 2) the guys who actually had the book (post-Kevin Sullivan) weren't guys who were looking out for him.

Ricochet isn't balding, he's always had a shallower hairline (it hasn't receded).  I don't know what kind of 4th graders you hang around, but hate to break it to you, the average height of a 9-year-old/4th-grader isn't even over 5', let alone the 5'9" that Ricochet stands.  But hey, I noticed how you were quick to point out Ricochet's sub-par mic abilities but paid no mind to the fact that Lashley is even worse; he has the charisma of a cardboard box.

And at some point people are going to grasp the idea that these Saudi shows are throwaways - they're booked as such.  The Saudi fans (like most fans) don't give a crap about Lashley.  Now if you wanted to pose the argument that these Saudi shows are worthless beyond being money-grabs, I'd agree.  Nothing of significance to alter any plans in place for Wrestlemania is going to happen.  Brock has to be kept looking like a wrecking ball who walks through anyone in his way so that if/when Drew beats him it makes Drew look all the more impressive.

And, I don't care what she looks like - Lana is getting legitimate X-Pac heat at this point; people just plain want her to go away.  We get it, you just want to see T&A to the extent you're willing to oversell how much a majority agree with you; personally, I chalk that up to narcissism on your part, but who knows, it could be something else.  Prime example, you cited Cornette... whose position on women like Lana who flat out can't work isn't that they should be put over by the women that actually can, it's that they shouldn't be booked as wrestlers PERIOD, because it's demeaning to any wrestler (male or female) to have to sell to someone who clearly doesn't know what the hell they're doing.  Or do you not remember how the biggest critic of your beloved Sable was also Cornette?... because she was presented as a legitimate worker (and allowed to perform moves on men) when she clearly couldn't.  Cornette's position is that women's wrestling shouldn't be presented/promoted as "on equal standing" with men's because , in his opinion, it doesn't sell as well.  But he's gotten behind "the workers" being the ones to be showcased in women's wrestling if ww is going to be showcased - particularly in contrast to the ones who are only there because they get guys excited in the pants.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, The LBC said:

WCW bought up who they could get.  Stop choosing to only start telling history from a starting point that supports your narrative.  But you genuinely can't resist it, can you?  You can't make arguments without going to hyperbolic ends to try to make your position seem more extreme.  Bobby Eaton was a massive draw... in the 80's... by the time Goldberg was even a thing WCW had turned him into little more than enhancement talent because 1) he never had the bodybuilder physique but his body started to show the girth of age at that point and 2) the guys who actually had the book (post-Kevin Sullivan) weren't guys who were looking out for him.

Ricochet isn't balding, he's always had a shallower hairline (it hasn't receded).  I don't know what kind of 4th graders you hang around, but hate to break it to you, the average height of a 9-year-old/4th-grader isn't even over 5', let alone the 5'9" that Ricochet stands.  But hey, I noticed how you were quick to point out Ricochet's sub-par mic abilities but paid no mind to the fact that Lashley is even worse; he has the charisma of a cardboard box.

And at some point people are going to grasp the idea that these Saudi shows are throwaways - they're booked as such.  The Saudi fans (like most fans) don't give a crap about Lashley.  Now if you wanted to pose the argument that these Saudi shows are worthless beyond being money-grabs, I'd agree.  Nothing of significance to alter any plans in place for Wrestlemania is going to happen.  Brock has to be kept looking like a wrecking ball who walks through anyone in his way so that if/when Drew beats him it makes Drew look all the more impressive.

And, I don't care what she looks like - Lana is getting legitimate X-Pac heat at this point; people just plain want her to go away.  We get it, you just want to see T&A to the extent you're willing to oversell how much a majority agree with you; personally, I chalk that up to narcissism on your part, but who knows, it could be something else.  Prime example, you cited Cornette... whose position on women like Lana who flat out can't work isn't that they should be put over by the women that actually can, it's that they shouldn't be booked as wrestlers PERIOD, because it's demeaning to any wrestler (male or female) to have to sell to someone who clearly doesn't know what the hell they're doing.  Or do you not remember how the biggest critic of your beloved Sable was also Cornette?... because she was presented as a legitimate worker (and allowed to perform moves on men) when she clearly couldn't.  Cornette's position is that women's wrestling shouldn't be presented/promoted as "on equal standing" with men's because , in his opinion, it doesn't sell as well.  But he's gotten behind "the workers" being the ones to be showcased in women's wrestling if ww is going to be showcased - particularly in contrast to the ones who are only there because they get guys excited in the pants.

Again with no legs to stand on. Its not what I want to see. Im talking about the popularity and what they people keep showing that they want. Yet for some reason you keep saying I alone want them. Get it through your thick skull. LANA LIV DREW 5X THE VIEWERSHIP THAT CHARLOTTE ASUKA DREW!. Thats not ME, thats FACT.

Last year was a TERRIBLE ratings year. And its down another 15% and youre still trying to defend the product without seeing what the 1000 issues are. But youll continue to defend. With your childish putdowns and replies to the end against anyone who lays it out broadly and not narrowmindedly as you try to.

But go ahead and whine some more about your little manlet crush on the BALDING 5'7 no mic guy going up against a former 2x UFC champ. That really had me rolling.

Lana isnt drawing anything. Its the absurdly over dramatic storyline that reads like a reality TV show that is drawing. You put Charlotte in this storyline instead of Lana and its draws the same if not more because the matches for the payoff wont be five minute dumpster fires. 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

LANA LIV DREW 5X THE VIEWERSHIP THAT CHARLOTTE ASUKA DREW!. Thats not ME, thats FACT.

You mean the opening portion of the show (1st match following the opening segment - a segment which tied into one of the hotter endings to a previous week's show they've done in a year) outdrew the match that kicked off the historically (particularly as of late) poor-ratings-drawing third hour?  Really?  No one would have ever seen that coming?  Considering that Liv and Lana were booked in the exact same match in that same third hour the week prior, then I'm sure based on your line of logic there must have been a massive spike in viewership, right?  Oh wait... there wasn't?

There's a reason why they're moving Liv, who has generated some heat since her rebrand away from the Harley Quinn gimmick, away from Lana and over to Ruby Riott (someone else who you've repeatedly decried for her looks)... because it's organic storytelling and because Lana was legitimately just a stepping stone for Liv (Heyman's the one directing this stuff and he's a big Ruby and Riott Squad fan) to introduce the new character through - Lana wasn't drawing squat, but fans dislike her so much (again... X-Pac heat) that anyone who plants her on the canvas was going to get cheered.

This is exactly the stuff I'm talking about where you cherrypick and ignore context in order to service your narrative.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

With your childish putdowns and replies to the end against anyone who lays it out broadly and not narrowmindedly as you try to.

But go ahead and whine some more about your little manlet crush on the BALDING 5'7 no mic guy going up against a former 2x UFC champ. That really had me rolling.

That you follow the first sentence with the second is just the cherry on top of your blatant hypocrisy.  Calling you a narcissist isn't a childish put-down, it's a fair assessment of behavior you've exhibited in this thread since page 1.

Also... you genuinely need a better grasp on the English language or need to go invest in a dictionary.  This has nothing to do with spelling and more to do with you using words that you don't seem to understand what they mean.

You're genuinely a running joke at this point.  That you lack the self-reflection to call anyone else narrow-minded and not see how it makes you look like a king-sized hypocrite is the height of irony.  Anyone who disagrees with you... you run straight to hyperbole on describing their position.  I don't have a crush of any kind on Ricochet.  He's drawing more than Lashley is despite being booked like a damn goober all the way back to when he was feuding with AJ.  You refuse to remotely own up to ever being wrong on anything - as if somehow it would cause your genitalia to molt off if you did.

You said it yourself, the aim of business is to MAKE MONEY.  The big money maker is Mania and specifically the main event they're leading into with Brock and Drew.  Brock has, for quite some time, had better matches with smaller guys than big guys.  Kayfabe is dead; it's died multiple times over and Vince was only one of many to take a dump on its ashes.  Brock has sold to Rey, Seth, Kofi (outside of the Smackdown FOX debut), Bryan, and AJ all in the past year.  He'll sell some (likely not a ton, but Ricochet will get at least one shine series in) for Ricochet and then he'll BORK LAZER out, German suplex, German Suplex, F5 him and pin him.  He's supposed to look strong, he's Brock freaking Lesnar heading into Wrestlemania.

• Like 2