Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 2/11/2020 at 10:58 AM, scar988 said:

I'm liking the Drew McIntyre-Brock Lesnar idea. I love seeing Finn in NXT and NXT is still it's glorious self. AEW is a nice addition to the group. And the Fiend and BRay Wyatt is finally written right. He's very much an undertaker-like persona where multiple creative paths down the line work. This is the scariest yet. I don't know which scares me more, the creepy firefly funhouse guy or the fiend he turns into.

I wonder what Finn thought we they told him he was going to NXT. I mean your goal is to get to the main roster and be relevant. I know they only brought Finn down to bring in numbers to help compete with AEW. Me, personally, I wouldn't want to go back down.

36 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I wonder what Finn thought we they told him he was going to NXT. I mean your goal is to get to the main roster and be relevant. I know they only brought Finn down to bring in numbers to help compete with AEW. Me, personally, I wouldn't want to go back down.

I don't think he cared. He was kind of floundering on the main show once the shoulder injury happened. Had he gotten a true long-term run as the universal champ, maybe things would have been different.

No wasted moves or time. No waiting around to catch or wiggle to get in position of some guys high spot. No no-selling. Good storytelling and chemistry. For me, it had the works.

MJF-Jungle Boy is probably the best match between 2 guys at 23 and under I believe Ive ever seen.

Both guys surprised me. I wasnt much expecting a single thing I listed. And props to them. They gave me one helluva WRESTLING match.

2 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

So how’s the AEW? Just got TNT so I thought I’d tune in. 

Very hit or miss like anything else.

For example. 2 weeks ago they were on a cruise ship. And it was the dumbest show Ive ever seen. Then tonight. They hit it out the park and delivered from front to back.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:31 AM, dwaye50327 said:

Considering the push to recognize/elevate NXT to a co-equal brand with RAW and Smackdown, and that he's been prominently featured higher on the card in NXT than he was on either of the other two brands, I don't think he minded at all.

I got a question. How big is TNT, comparing it to your regular television landscape?

I heard, that TNT doubled their tv viewers in the current Dynamite timeslot with that show. Here in germany i lalways receive questions regarding that rating. As far as i know there should be 90 million households who can receive TNT. How big is TNT in comparison to all the other channel?

I could just speculate. Everything you hear is that TNT is very satisfied with what they got in AEW. Is the landscape that big, that all the channels split up that many viewers? I found a stat stating, that TNT was averaging 1,9 million viewers in primetime slots in 2014. Placed 2nd just behind USA, who averaged 2,3 millioen viewers. That seems to be very, very low numbers for a country with 327 millionen inhabitants. There are the top 5 television networks as far as i know, with the top 5 biggest tv channel. I also know, that there are so many regional channels, so my guess would be that your tv landscape is splitted up into a lot of channels, who are all competing for the viewers. Which is why tradional cable tv channels like TNT just have 1,9 million viewers in their primetime.

TNT probably draws a lot of viewers via their sport programs. Don't they show the NBA? So that probably increases their average rating a lot. Than ofc wrestling shows in general are like series. They provide a safe show, drawing a safe number of people. They are reliable show.

So i would guess, that it's rather "cheap" for TNT to air AEW Dynamite once every week. They are getting a reliable primetime show and although it's not averaging the viewers, that TNT is averaging in their other primetime slots, they got a show doubling the numbers in that specific slot and maybe even numbers, that are comparing good to their other non-sport primetime shows?

Especially with the new tv deal, it's obvious for me, that TNT is more than satisfied with what they have in AEW Dynamite. I just have no idea, if my assumptions are right and how big TNT is in general in the US in comparison to the other channel. It seems to be one of the biggest cable tv channels, but i don't know how big they are overall in comparison to all the other channel. Are they in the top 10 overall?

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

they promoted him in that Gauntlet match at the Saudi show

He's gonna be working on the needle there.  Let's hope he doesn't re-aggravate the injury.  With the fact that Taker actually looked fairly spry (for a guy his age and who has had the number of lower body surgeries he's had) the last time we saw him and AJ could (I don't want to use the word "carry" because it's Taker) him to a damn good match.

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Takeover off to a noice start

From the matches I watched, they were all great! Lee and DD was an amazing match for it being two big guys. The spring board flip to the outside was a awesome spot. Johnny Balor match was freaking excellent! Those two put on one hell of a match. NXT title match was amazing as well. Need to go back and watch the tag match and the women’s title match