Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

I am a wrestling fan first and foremost. I want to watch WWE but I am tired of having my intelligence insulted with such crap. Yeah, AEW hasn't been around long enough to be repetitive but they also don't oversaturate their product and they put effort into branching stories off from one another. There's a PPV saturday and no one has any idea of what's going to happen. We already know the outcomes of the matches on WM for the most part at this point. 

I cannot tell you a single positive thing WWE is doing right now. They're running NXT into the ground trying to compete with AEW. MIchael Cole makes the product hard to watch. Stop saying prestigious. Jesus. 

I'm not looking to be a prick, I just worry for your well being a lil bit if you liked that finish. The Fiend could have been the heir to the Undertaker spot. Ugh I can't go on, I can't do it, I can't even believe people like this product anymore. I get their ratings are still in the millions but I'm starting to wonder if they're somehow buying ratings or something crazy cause the whole thing just plays like a bad video game storyline but with worse acting

Its desperation.  Raw just did 2.2 million leading in to this thing. Which is on par with weeks against MNF just a couple months back. Goldberg did a SD via satellite. And they got a 400k instant boost over the previous week. Dec 2nd MNF had Vikings vs Seahawks and Raw did 2.2 million.  Theres been a hefty Road To Mania bump every year since Raw began. And its not there. I never thought that possible.

2 part timers. Goldberg and Brock are Champions like its 2002. Because they havent built anyone.

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its desperation.  Raw just did 2.2 million leading in to this thing. Which is on par with weeks against MNF just a couple months back. Goldberg did a SD via satellite. And they got a 400k instant boost over the previous week. Dec 2nd MNF had Vikings vs Seahawks and Raw did 2.2 million.  Theres been a hefty Road To Mania bump every year since Raw began. And its not there. I never thought that possible.

2 part timers. Goldberg and Brock are Champions like its 2002. Because they havent built anyone.

They did a reasonably good job at building up the Fiend, but then they just potentially ruined that with him losing to an old part-timer like Goldberg.

The Fiend isn't someone who needs the title, but they should have at least let him walk into WM as the champion. And when he lost the belt, it should have been in a triple threat match or something where he wouldn't look bad losing the title.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

They did a reasonably good job at building up the Fiend, but then they just potentially ruined that with him losing to an old part-timer like Goldberg.

The Fiend isn't someone who needs the title, but they should have at least let him walk into WM as the champion. And when he lost the belt, it should have been in a triple threat match or something where he wouldn't look bad losing the title.

I like that triple threat idea. Let a big name get in the way and get pinned as result. And Fiend gets to stalk that person for a 2 month feud.

But with all the complaints. Goldberg will likely boost the ratings tonight. And thats the most important thing for WWE on the Road to Mania. I dont think they had much choice in the matter. Nobody on the roster is drawing atm. Goldberg proved he can help. Cause the segments hes on have given huge boost.

Bray has a great character going and it should have kept building on that. But with Vince. Hes, "long term and last week dont matter." The needle wasnt moving much so probably didnt give a 2nd thought to sacrificing Fiend for Goldberg viewership numbers. Instead of giving the character a way out like a triple threat. Goldberg didnt even need the belt. Toss him in against DB or Rollins, have Bray lose a triple threat. If they tried, they could have come up with a lot better than how it turned out.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:30 AM, DawgX said:

It's a bit a corner wwe painted themselves into. They can't have Wyatt do the typical wrestlemania media blitz without him being out of either character. Neither of which really plays well in an interview format.  

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's a bit a corner wwe painted themselves into. They can't have Wyatt do the typical wrestlemania media blitz without him being out of either character. Neither of which really plays well in an interview format.  

Does that really matter? I mean, they could just have him be in character as Firefly Fun House Bray Wyatt... that's pretty much his persona on Twitter. JMO.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Does that really matter? I mean, they could just have him be in character as Firefly Fun House Bray Wyatt... that's pretty much his persona on Twitter. JMO.

It does.  He can be in the main event, but the champ does the interviews.  Same reason Asuka and shinsuke were just challenges and never Champs headed into mania without English skills 

• Like 1

SCU v. Dark Order: Daniels officially turns and costs SCU the win. They hint at the exalted one debuting later.... Luke Harper debut later. 

PAC v. Orange Cassidy: Cassidy actually "goes" and puts on a match. Loses a competitive one to PAC... Starts a thing where Cassidy "goes" during PPV's. 

Hager v. Dustin: Hager beats tf out of Dustin. Really punishes him after defeating him. 

Allin v. Guevara: Guevara wins dirty via some inner circle ****. They beat Allin after the match. 

Omega & Page v. Young Bucks: Omega turns on Page. Costs them the straps. The three of them beat Page after the match. Omega & Bucks become heel Elite faction. 

Rose v. Statlander: competitive match where Rose retains. 

MJF v. Cody: Cody is in control. Then the heel Elite come and cost him the match. MJF wins. Sets up the civil war between Elite members

Jericho v. Moxley: Jericho retains via some Inner Circle ****/possible debut of new member. 

is what i think/want to happen tonight. i'm ******* pumped. 

3 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

SCU v. Dark Order: Daniels officially turns and costs SCU the win. They hint at the exalted one debuting later.... Luke Harper debut later. 

Looking at it now. Im glad that didnt happen. Let SCU keep at full strength, even find a friend or 2. While DO keeps releasing names slowly and this feud going.

First started. Dark Order was a complete joke. But put them up against the right guys. The 3 AMAZING Vets filling SCU for example. And DO has gone from joke to a force. With more to build on.

now that the strap is off jericho, which even though i didn't want to happen, definitely had to happen you can't have heater after heater and then 50 year old jericho out there to close the show, i hope the inner circle start slowly shifting sammy guevara into their main strap man. guevara is ******* ridiculous with it. 

also hope they keep building towards a big civil war within the elite. hangman and cody (with dustin) vs. bucks and omega (who turns heel on hangman)... 

no idea what now for mox and the strap... i guess MJF makes the most sense now? 

darby allin might give less ****s than any wrestler ever. every single match he's ******* hurling his body into some **** and landing awfully. it's definitely a good time tho. 

god damn what a fun show as usual

Edited by FinneasGage

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

no idea what now for mox and the strap... i guess MJF makes the most sense now? 

I thought they were going to keep Pac hot by winning the rubber match with Omega for that. Does look like MJF cause Mox has already worked with Omega.