Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Former WWE fan here. I just watched a clip of Rowan pulling a clearly fake tarantula from the cage he's been carrying, and No Way Jose just ran away, and the announcer says " I think it's alive"....

I was a life long WWE fan, but stopped watching it completely about a year ago. Clips like that, the Lana Rusev story really solidifies my decision.

Honestly, for those who still watch it, why? I hear everyone still shi***** on both shows. Goldberg and Lesnar are your champions. AEW is a far superior product, and NJPW is galaxies better than it, so it's not like there isn't wrestling around to watch. 

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Former WWE fan here. I just watched a clip of Rowan pulling a clearly fake tarantula from the cage he's been carrying, and No Way Jose just ran away, and the announcer says " I think it's alive"....

I was a life long WWE fan, but stopped watching it completely about a year ago. Clips like that, the Lana Rusev story really solidifies my decision.

Honestly, for those who still watch it, why? I hear everyone still shi***** on both shows. Goldberg and Lesnar are your champions. AEW is a far superior product, and NJPW is galaxies better than it, so it's not like there isn't wrestling around to watch. 

Accessibility is probably the biggest reason. I watch for NXT and the few guys whose careers I am following. 

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

NXT from what I hear is still a quality show. Do you watch any other promotions ?

NXT is prolly great if you are just now discovering it but they ain't done much to change anything up in half a decade so what was once fresh and exciting is now not. We just don't have the fortune to still be watching Nakamura/Zayn or Gargano/Ciampa 1.

I only watch NXT PPV's which are always excellent. That works for me. I watch AEW weekly. It has its issues but in general is usually a good show and sometimes great. Watched Raw every week from 2011-2018 but haven't seen one since last Summer. I just don't care anymore. Becky Lynch is probably the only wrestler they have I truly care about who is full time. If something catches my eye I'll watch it on YouTube (Orton/Edge).

the only promotion i watch religiously is AEW. but always watch NXT Takeovers. still watch like 50% of WWE PPVs. watch the ROH PPVs. watch NWA every week, but end up fast forwarding thru like 75% of it. occasionally put Impact on, like maybe once a month. never watch NJP because i don't like the way they air it in the states with it being all chopped up, but occasionally watch big shows when I'm able to stay up for them. 

Edited by FinneasGage

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

NXT is prolly great if you are just now discovering it but they ain't done much to change anything up in half a decade so what was once fresh and exciting is now not. We just don't have the fortune to still be watching Nakamura/Zayn or Gargano/Ciampa 1.

I agree with what you’re saying. It’s not for me anymore . It’s better than the main roster, but  imo it’s moves just for doing moves sake. 

I watch AEW weekly. But just the singles matches. I usually zip past the tag matches.

NXT I dont watch or follow at all. For me the entire thing is as unwatchable as AEWs Tag Division. For Raw, SD and PPVs. I read spoilers and Youtube anything that seems interesting or disastrous. Like Brock squashing a balding midget or Goldberg destroying WWEs only built character.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 7:41 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

until a wrestling organization puts wwe out of business (which will never happen) that's when I'll stop watching WWE. I cant shy away from my childhood.

4 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Young bucks/ bucks of youth made an appearance during Matt Hardy's free the delete video today. All but confirms that AEW is Broken.

I watched that vid earlier. And only 14 days till Luke Harper appears on AEW. From his hometown Rochester NY.

• Like 1