Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 3/3/2020 at 5:41 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

Former WWE fan here. I just watched a clip of Rowan pulling a clearly fake tarantula from the cage he's been carrying, and No Way Jose just ran away, and the announcer says " I think it's alive"....

I was a life long WWE fan, but stopped watching it completely about a year ago. Clips like that, the Lana Rusev story really solidifies my decision.

Honestly, for those who still watch it, why? I hear everyone still shi***** on both shows. Goldberg and Lesnar are your champions. AEW is a far superior product, and NJPW is galaxies better than it, so it's not like there isn't wrestling around to watch. 

Why do i still watch? Because they have a ton of good wrestlers, and I don't have to watch every match. Did you stop watching during Attitude era because the gobeldy gooker made an appearance? I take the bad with the good, and there's still plenty of good, including guys who can wrestle circles around mox.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Why do i still watch? Because they have a ton of good wrestlers, and I don't have to watch every match. Did you stop watching during Attitude era because the gobeldy gooker made an appearance? I take the bad with the good, and there's still plenty of good, including guys who can wrestle circles around mox.

The talent is certainly there. Unfortunately, the WWE structure doesn’t allow them to show it.

Comparing WWE now to The Attitude Era is just wrong. Of course every promotion, era has bad moments, but it’s nothing like WWE now where there’s absolutely nothing worth while to watch. 

im not telling you not to watch, if you like it, enjoy yourself. However, the product is driving away fans at a rapid pace and they’re not creating new fans. Hell, without years of incompetence , there’s no AEW. 

Some interesting developments on Dynamite this week. It was almost like a post Mania Raw where they are just going in new directions after storyline were wrapped up. 

Seemed like they were writing Jericho off TV for his tour but not sure if it counted? Very vague lol. I loved the crowd chanting Fozzy Sucks

MJF immediately going after the title makes a ton of sense, he an Moxley are good counter points to each other. 

LOVED the Jake the Snake promo. When he first came out I was a little skeptical. When he first spoke I was VERY skeptical. That dude has been through some ****. However, he cut the best promo of the year regardless of promotion hands down. So Fing good. He made an Ides of March reference, and right around that is the March 15th Dynamite in Rochester NY, Brodie Lee's hometown. Odds that he is the guy Jake is managing? 

No real Dark Order exalted one hints. Everyone is thinking Hardy with his video having the young bucks in it. Personally I hope they let Matt do his own thing if he does come aboard. I dont think the Dark Order fits. I also think they painted themselves into a corner with this storyline. 

Pac and the Lucha Bros are a weird match and the Death Triangle is going to have to grow on me lol. I am a little concerned with how many Stables we have in AEW. Death Triangle, The Elite, SCU, BBB, Inner Circle, Best Friends and the Dark Order. I suppose you could throw the Nightmare Family in as Cody's Elite offshoot since he has been doing his own thing away from their storylines. 

Im worried about them pushing Big Swole. None of their females are ready to carry the brand IMO. They all have talent, but most are too green IMO. Britt, Statlander, Swole are all not ready IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

MJF immediately going after the title makes a ton of sense, he an Moxley are good counter points to each other. 

the lead up would definitely be a good time. honestly though haven't been impressed with a single MJF match. i think it'd have to be a special match at the PPV to make it main event caliber match. but i definitely think he's next, unless Pac gets some momentum with the new faction. 

24 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

LOVED the Jake the Snake promo.

i was shocked. was thinking **** this is gonna be some more random *** arn anderson type ****. then he killed it. glad he's on board and hope we get promo's from him every week tbh. and yeah i think he's definitely managing brodie lee 100%. mayyyybe lance archer tho.

26 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Personally I hope they let Matt do his own thing if he does come aboard. I dont think the Dark Order fits.

agree completely. i have no idea anymore. doubt they'd spoil it with the **** matt did yesterday. 

28 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I am a little concerned with how many Stables we have in AEW.

think they're gonna introduce the 3-man tag strap. but i actually feel like the death triangle weirdly works for some reason. 

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im worried about them pushing Big Swole.

she bad. statlander's gimmick is unfortunately awful. baker's been solid on the mic, but pretty below par in the ring. nobody seems promising. i'd like to see some more penelope ford tho tbh. they gotta bring back jamie hayter. she could carry the division. 

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

she bad. statlander's gimmick is unfortunately awful. baker's been solid on the mic, but pretty below par in the ring. nobody seems promising. i'd like to see some more penelope ford tho tbh. they gotta bring back jamie hayter. she could carry the division. 

They need Tenille 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

also really hope roh and aew start working together. know scurll was trying to make it happen, but that'd be huge they got some solid women over there. and obviously hella elite singles guys. 

I'd like to see Maria Manic work in AEW

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Some interesting developments on Dynamite this week. It was almost like a post Mania Raw where they are just going in new directions after storyline were wrapped up. 

Seemed like they were writing Jericho off TV for his tour but not sure if it counted? Very vague lol. I loved the crowd chanting Fozzy Sucks

LOVED the Jake the Snake promo. When he first came out I was a little skeptical. When he first spoke I was VERY skeptical. That dude has been through some ****. However, he cut the best promo of the year regardless of promotion hands down. So Fing good. He made an Ides of March reference, and right around that is the March 15th Dynamite in Rochester NY, Brodie Lee's hometown. Odds that he is the guy Jake is managing? 

No real Dark Order exalted one hints. Everyone is thinking Hardy with his video having the young bucks in it. Personally I hope they let Matt do his own thing if he does come aboard. I dont think the Dark Order fits. I also think they painted themselves into a corner with this storyline. 

Pac and the Lucha Bros are a weird match and the Death Triangle is going to have to grow on me lol. I am a little concerned with how many Stables we have in AEW. Death Triangle, The Elite, SCU, BBB, Inner Circle, Best Friends and the Dark Order. I suppose you could throw the Nightmare Family in as Cody's Elite offshoot since he has been doing his own thing away from their storylines. 

Im worried about them pushing Big Swole. None of their females are ready to carry the brand IMO. They all have talent, but most are too green IMO. Britt, Statlander, Swole are all not ready IMO. 

Theyre in a tough spot with the womens division because theyre basically an expansion team that took what they could get. And have to sit around waiting for contracts to expire to expand.

Was skeptical on Jake too. First Tully, then Arn, then DDP and bringing out these old guys. But Jake worked and he delivered like you said.

And after originally not liking The Bucks / Omega/Page thing. Page has really grown on me as a fun character to cheer on and Im diggin the storyline now. Page/Omega should hint-tease like they could fall apart for as long as theyre in AEW. But always end up having each others back when it matters.  A little detail left in the back of peoples minds for years to come.

23 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I mean it ain't like the good wrestlers are putting on good matches or providing good content. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 7:53 PM, Troy Brown said:

Why would you be concerned with stables in AEW? Everyone is in a faction in Japan. I like it, it makes sense that you'd find allies. It's also a part of building an actual tag team division and making it valuable. 

Also with only 2 hours a week. Its helping guys get airtime. Like the Lucha Bros. Gives them a reason to come on air and help start a feud.

WWE has over 300 guys signed under their umbrella globally. Majority wont see any airtime or be used in any meaningful way. AEW I think sees that and are going to test all their guys in front of the camera to see who gets over instead of handpicking for fans.

Like Owens on Raw. One week hes randomly fighting with Seth and his group. Next thing you know hes fighting Orton. Which Orton is feuding with Edge. Owens should be using the past month or so to build an epic showdown at Mania in a feud. While talent is brought out of catering for Orton to have helped put over in "MJF vs Jungle Boy" fashion. But now Owens might have to go back and feud with Seth some more. For no real reason whatsoever. Inside a month to Mania. Owens and Seth could be working a killer program. And theyre bounced around, unable to solidly build a program cause WWE doesnt want to bring some of the talent out of catering.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Just looked at the card for EC and what a letdown...  No men’s match at all? What the hell? I know they’re pushing the woman(although we already know whose winning that match) but still. Disappointing card to say the least 

They need to move it to a different month.  EC is to good of a PPV to be a throw away before Mania

Edited by Fresh Prince
  • Like 1