Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

23 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Gotta come to terms with Lesnar being a draw for the casual fan and take it for what it is. Hardcore E fans aren’t gonna like it, but it is what it is.

It at the very least was a surprise so I’ll take it 

Yeah, it was a surprise. I'll give them that. Still wish they gave it to Mcintyre or Balor. 

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

Yeah, it was a surprise. I'll give them that. Still wish they gave it to Mcintyre or Balor. 

It was a surprise and the fans even gave a nice pop when his music hit. Then when they realized he was going after the briefcase that reaction turn sour.

20 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

The stupidest idea for a title and design in like forever. It's like one bad decision after another.

The crowd was amazing for that portion.

Foley up there, "I better get to the part where the towns name gets a cheap pop quick."

5 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Anyone think Punk appears at Double Or Nothing?

Either him or Moxley will.  I do doubt that either would be in a competitive capacity (Moxley's shooting a movie and the insurance policies from production companies are no joke - they wouldn't be signing off on him taking any bumps, but a run-in is likely to get greenlit), Punk is in-town doing commentary on an MMA card the same night as DoN so it's certainly do-able.

If AEW doesn't get one of them or someone (who I struggle to think of) as a surprise appearance on the card, it's a missed opportunity and does them absolutely no favors in hooking the casual audience (they'll clearly already have the folks who have/would have been watching BTE, ROH, NJPW, but they're going to have to do something significant to hook the fans who may just casually check out a pirated stream, especially since they'll be dependent on PPV's, YouTube, and Bleacher Report to keep a large segment interested until October when they start TV on TNT).

• Like 1

Entertaining PPV. Great storytelling between Dustin and Cody. I miss seeing blood in certain matches like HIAC but Dustin was just gushing it. Nice stuff afterwards between them.

My favorite match was the tag team contest. Great stuff.

Jericho winning made sense. And the roof was blown off the place with Moxley showing up at the end to go after Omega. That was fantastic.

Edited by Livewire