Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Question is will they be able to keep this up on a weekly basis. Writing a one off show is easy. Being able to do it on a consistent weekly basis is another. But so far so good. 

Wasnt really much of an Ambrose fan, the guy has no charisma. I find him boring tbh. 

28 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Question is will they be able to keep this up on a weekly basis. Writing a one off show is easy. Being able to do it on a consistent weekly basis is another. But so far so good. 

Wasnt really much of an Ambrose fan, the guy has no charisma. I find him boring tbh. 

I've never been concerned about their ability to assemble or book a show.  Between Cody, Jericho, the Bucks, and Kenny they've all been around Gedo's and Sapolsky's booking long enough to understand how to build a babyface and when the company men need to put newer, incoming talent over for the benefit of the book.

Thing is, if the ability to simply put on quality in-ring product and book cards properly was all it took to maintain and grow a company on a major cable TV network, ROH would have become a legitimate threat to WWE long ago.  I'm more interested in seeing if they can establish and grow characters that actually get fans setting aside a timeslot in the week to watch their program, as opposed to DVR'ing it or checking spoilers to see if a card is worth watching first.  I reference again, the writing and the style of comedy that carries BTE isn't going to draw for all facets (or even a majority of facets) of a mainstream pro wrestling audience.  And TNT isn't going to sign off on dropping F-bombs left and right, or anything remotely close.

46 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I've never been concerned about their ability to assemble or book a show.  Between Cody, Jericho, the Bucks, and Kenny they've all been around Gedo's and Sapolsky's booking long enough to understand how to build a babyface and when the company men need to put newer, incoming talent over for the benefit of the book.

Thing is, if the ability to simply put on quality in-ring product and book cards properly was all it took to maintain and grow a company on a major cable TV network, ROH would have become a legitimate threat to WWE long ago.  I'm more interested in seeing if they can establish and grow characters that actually get fans setting aside a timeslot in the week to watch their program, as opposed to DVR'ing it or checking spoilers to see if a card is worth watching first.  I reference again, the writing and the style of comedy that carries BTE isn't going to draw for all facets (or even a majority of facets) of a mainstream pro wrestling audience.  And TNT isn't going to sign off on dropping F-bombs left and right, or anything remotely close.

Yeah you have got to really care about or really hate characters to tune in weekly. The same as a sitcom. This is where WWE is really struggling currently. I personally find so much of the talent to be bland and apart from the Miz and Becky I just don’t love them or hate them. A big part of this is the booking and the scripted promo’s.

I feel like the WWE has some talent that could take off if Vince and co would take the reins off and let them flourish of flounder on their own

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

In my opinion this is a big night for the E. I know they wont care though and phone it in being a holiday and such but if he cares anything about his fan base then he should hold back no punches and go for it. 

Agree. Its a holiday. Good guys are going to run all over every baddie there is.

Baddies going to look like a bunch of VW Beetles in a demolition derby with Mack trucks.

• Like 1