Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

I just thought it was all so funny. Her just giving the title to someone, especially after they won MITB, Rey congratulating her a night after dying, everyone congratulating her while her fiance is the biggest heel in the company. 

I will say, it is a bummer this was done during an empty arena show. The reaction from the crowd would have been an all time great. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 10:06 PM, Troy Brown said:

fam you know better than this. the ratings don't matter like they used to.  i am 30 and haven't had cable in a decade. i am not alone. (i also watch 12 raws a year) 

if wwe changes, it won't be because of the tv ratings, cuz they'd have already changed by now if they gave a **** about ratings 

That’s not true. It’s not the only thing that matters anymore but it certainly matters.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s not true. It’s not the only thing that matters anymore but it certainly matters.

Exactly. Its the reason the Wildcard rule is coming back next week.

Why have captivating storylines when mega draws like Corbin and Charlotte can bounce between brands.

Reports are that both USA Network and Fox requested the brand split be less strict. 

I see that as both good and bad news. Good because WWE isnt looking to repeat past mistakes and were committed to the brand split themselves. Bad because any crossover seems like it would be at network behest and forcing feeding storylines seems inevitable. 

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Reports are that both USA Network and Fox requested the brand split be less strict. 

I see that as both good and bad news. Good because WWE isnt looking to repeat past mistakes and were committed to the brand split themselves. Bad because any crossover seems like it would be at network behest and forcing feeding storylines seems inevitable. 

I see it as desperation. The networks just want stars coming in to boost the pathetic ratings. But there are no stars. Corbin coming to Raw next week does nothing for anything. Charlotte bouncing around actually hurts more than helps. Because people know shes Vinces hand picked and is just there to squash talent instead of lifting them.

38 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But there are no stars.

It's this, but it is also their inability to put on a crowdless show. IDK why they arent taking notes from AEW on this, but for my money their shows in this strange era have been leaps and bounds better. 

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It's this, but it is also their inability to put on a crowdless show. IDK why they arent taking notes from AEW on this, but for my money their shows in this strange era have been leaps and bounds better. 

In AEW during this crowdless period. They all seem more natural with the way they act and talk. With WWE for me. Its more noticeable than ever theyre reciting lines. That bit of freedom seems to help AEW.

And another thing with AEW Ive noticed. Is with crowds they were doing a lot of spots where the wrestler on the mat had to wiggle and move into position for a top rope move for example. Without the crowd action and noise helping mask. Theyve had sense enough to cut back on such spots. Because the crowd isnt there to pop for the move, and the camera is stuck where it is on the guy down. Its all the little things being taken care of like these that help AEW for my viewing anyway. You might have different takes as to why. But for me, addressing these little things have made a difference.

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Never said they didn't matter. Not once in the whole post.

But people clamoring as if tv ratings are as important as they were in the past, they're wrong for a multitude of reasons. 

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

In AEW during this crowdless period. They all seem more natural with the way they act and talk. With WWE for me. Its more noticeable than ever theyre reciting lines. That bit of freedom seems to help AEW.

And another thing with AEW Ive noticed. Is with crowds they were doing a lot of spots where the wrestler on the mat had to wiggle and move into position for a top rope move for example. Without the crowd action and noise helping mask. Theyve had sense enough to cut back on such spots. Because the crowd isnt there to pop for the move, and the camera is stuck where it is on the guy down. Its all the little things being taken care of like these that help AEW for my viewing anyway. You might have different takes as to why. But for me, addressing these little things have made a difference.

I definitely agree. I also think have other guys/girls in the crowd position does a lot. Lends a little more than just dead air. They are also doing a lot less pure promo work in the ring and more just in ring action, letting the matches tell the stories. 

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

But people clamoring as if tv ratings are as important as they were in the past, they're wrong for a multitude of reasons. 

You didn’t, but you certainly underscore it’s importance. A lot of WWE’s revenue is from the Fox deal. Fox isn’t going to pay that again if they don’t bounce back and in all likelihood add from what they were pulling before. Low 2s for Fox really isn’t that great. 

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

But youre seeing the effect right now. The "Wildcard" is back because of those ratings.

I dont care otherwise about ratings. I just want them to continue to push WWE towards revamping their product and quit thinking these cheap quick-fix ideas will move the needle.

Really boring show for AEW last night . The Cody Archer brawl was cool but that’s it. 

If you’re not going to have major storyline developments, you should have great matches and last night’s show had neither. 

Legitimate throw away show. The worst kind.

Just saw an interesting interview with Taker in regards to him losing his Mania match against Lesnar. Doesn't sound like he was really all in or even wanted it, despite what we originally heard. But he left the decision up to Vince. 

On 5/12/2020 at 10:07 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

But youre seeing the effect right now. The "Wildcard" is back because of those ratings.

I dont care otherwise about ratings. I just want them to continue to push WWE towards revamping their product and quit thinking these cheap quick-fix ideas will move the needle.

Maybe I missed something but when has the wildcard been back?? All I've seen have been Raw superstars working NXT and the Survivor Series buildup. I havent seen one SD superstar work NXT or Raw since after the build to SS

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

Maybe I missed something but when has the wildcard been back?? All I've seen have been Raw superstars working NXT and the Survivor Series buildup. I havent seen one SD superstar work NXT or Raw since after the build to SS

Was referring to Corbin facing Drew on Raw next Monday. Fox and USA both stated they wanted an easing on the rule of not allowing talent to flow back and forth. So its starting to happen with that match.

• Like 1