Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I missed what happened there. Saw Fenix land on his back doing one of those, "looks to stupid to be in any match" spots. Probably just knocked the wind out of him. But that was a nasty landing.

Yeah he just missed his jump on the rope. Apparently they announced he was OK on the post show. That whole sequence was scary but I'm sorry, I almost found it comical. Fenix gets hurt on a ridiculous dive, looks like he breaks his shoulder, Knox is trying to check on him/keep him safe... Cabana runs in, does a ridiculous moonsault, catches Sky right in the dome with his knee/foot and then OC dives and literally, again, no one catches him and he lands on what looks like mostly concrete

Khan better take an extra insurance claim out on this ladder match. 

The Baker spot was stupid. She was sitting in the corner, Shida and Statlander pick Rose up in an awkward double fireman's carry to flip her onto Baker sitting in the corner. They struggle, throw her short and she lands on Baker's knee and just all her weight crushes it in the wrong direction. The clip was on twitter but I felt like typing it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Yeah he just missed his jump on the rope. Apparently they announced he was OK on the post show. That whole sequence was scary but I'm sorry, I almost found it comical. Fenix gets hurt on a ridiculous dive, looks like he breaks his shoulder, Knox is trying to check on him/keep him safe... Cabana runs in, does a ridiculous moonsault, catches Sky right in the dome with his knee/foot and then OC dives and literally, again, no one catches him and he lands on what looks like mostly concrete

Khan better take an extra insurance claim out on this ladder match. 

The Baker spot was stupid. She was sitting in the corner, Shida and Statlander pick Rose up in an awkward double fireman's carry to flip her onto Baker sitting in the corner. They struggle, throw her short and she lands on Baker's knee and just all her weight crushes it in the wrong direction. The clip was on twitter but I felt like typing it 

Agree on both accounts. Fénix is really going to hurt himself .

Solid show overall. They made me care for the World Title, Women’s and the Elite v Inner Circle matches . The Cody Archer feud hit is height a little early so the Jake Arn segment was a good touch until they went after each other 🤣🤣. 

I like Orange Cassidy, but when he wrestles, I hate when he does the pockets spots. 

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Especially since Shida can't lift Nyla. It was just unsafe. I got frustrated watching because Baker was clearly hurt, Aubrey didn't do anything, Statlander drags her by the leg and then picks her up and she struggles to even lift off her leg to take the suplex. I mean, it's possible Statlander checked on her during the pin and Baker thought she was good until she stood up but as a Baker mark, I WAS MAD 

That's what happens when you have a bunch of green women who probably arent wrestling or training in the ring all that much right now. It looked like Statlander tried checking on her right after the spot but Britt was unresponsive. She couldve given her the hand squeeze but I can't be sure with the angle we have. 

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Agree on both accounts. Fénix is really going to hurt himself .

Solid show overall. They made me care for the World Title, Women’s and the Elite v Inner Circle matches . The Cody Archer feud hit is height a little early so the Jake Arn segment was a good touch until they went after each other 🤣🤣. 

I like Orange Cassidy, but when he wrestles, I hate when he does the pockets spots. 

I dont mind the pocket spots. But I think he tries it to much during a match. Should just use it at the turning point like Hulk "Hulking up" or Tatanka doing the indian dance.

Solid show. But if they want to give a 15 min span for someone to work. It needs not to have Marko Stunt. From when MJF started to the ring, it was 15 mins before the entire segment was over. If theyre going to insist on using him since MJF is set to face Jungle Boy at the PPV. Then 5 mins is plenty, and then have 10 mins to test out a new talent or further along a storyline. Spears was there, he could have easily tested a new talent in a 7 min match to see if theyre someone with potential to get over.

And then the Young Bucks. Charging in and clearing house like pocket sized Road Warriors near weekly. It looks foolish. Its not who they are. FTR can get away with it. But not a couple high flyers. They need to set it up for their style with a couple superkicks tossed in or whatnot. Strait up tossing dukes isnt them and doesnt fit them.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont mind the pocket spots. But I think he tries it to much during a match. Should just use it at the turning point like Hulk "Hulking up" or Tatanka doing the indian dance.

Solid show. But if they want to give a 15 min span for someone to work. It needs not to have Marko Stunt. From when MJF started to the ring, it was 15 mins before the entire segment was over. If theyre going to insist on using him since MJF is set to face Jungle Boy at the PPV. Then 5 mins is plenty, and then have 10 mins to test out a new talent or further along a storyline. Spears was there, he could have easily tested a new talent in a 7 min match to see if theyre someone with potential to get over.

And then the Young Bucks. Charging in and clearing house like pocket sized Road Warriors near weekly. It looks foolish. Its not who they are. FTR can get away with it. But not a couple high flyers. They need to set it up for their style with a couple superkicks tossed in or whatnot. Strait up tossing dukes isnt them and doesnt fit them.

I agree with all of this. I hate Stunt with Jungle Boy as well. 

I’ve been bored with The Bucks for awhile. They’re not good faces at all. Like you said they’re acting ‘tougher ‘ than they are. And I think they’ve lost their coolness tbh. Mix that in with them having the same match over and over, and it’s just not good.

After watching the Owen Hart episode of the Dark side of the ring I decided for the first time to watch Over the edge ppv.

I got about two minutes into the match after his accident and I had to stop. Seeing his blood in the ring and knowing he died was disturbing.

Lost a lot of respect for Vince after that episode 

Double or nothing was solid IMO. 

I thought the ladder match was awful. None of the spots were very good, they all looked planned out and unnatural, and some were even poorly botched. The outcome is meh because of the unfamiliarity.

Would have much rather seen a built up character win a title shot rather than a new guy we know nothing about.

Statlander and Ford was fine, especially since it had to be thrown together last minute. Kris is still far too green for me. 

Dustin and Spears was dumb. Why are we giving Dustin squashes? Spears is officially a joke and you have to believe it wasnt the intention. He came in to be a rival for Cody, had a big name manager, and a compelling debut with the chair. Then they did squat with it. I figured they dropped the Tully connection until he showed up on Spears' briefs. Really upset by this, Dustin is a legend and should be helping elevate talent not kick them while they are down. 

MJF/Jungle Boy was the best match of the night IMO. Both those dudes can work and MJF tells a beautiful story in the ring. Im hoping JB can throw on some weight as he gets older, if he can do that these guys can carry the brand for a decade. 

Nyla and Shida was good, not great. Had some good moments but was a little sloppy in others. Im fine with the finish, but would rather have seen

Nyla retain. She is a beast in spoken word only because she does so little to back it up. Once she finally catches some steam she drops in her first big defense?

Mox and Brodie was very good. Good in ring story, solid spots all around.

I liked the SC-esque finish. Im worried about where the Exalted One and the Dark Order go from here, but I dont think you can take the title off Mox right now.

The stampede was bananas. It was very much AEW's response to the MiTB office building match, however where WWE failed to deliver IMO, AEW did a better job. The big difference is that they had a strong story that has been going on for months on end to fall back on and call back on. MiTB was a bunch of random spots with no relevance and some just thrown in for ish and giggles. The funny moments in the stampede landed much better. I have two major complaints with it though. First, the opening of the match was sloppy AF. I get the challenge there, but man that wasn't good. Second, I loved the spot with Hangman and the horse calling back to Sammy getting run over by a cart, but then to actually repeat the cart spot outside of sammy getting hit in the same match? Seemed to many well reaches on that. 

Fantastic show IMO, incredibly enjoyable.

AEW's roster is so stacked, they need another show. It's well put together, there's different styles. characters etc.

The ladder match was fun.

Darby Allin- Big fan of yours, but you are an idiot.

Luchasauraous had a nice showing, they can get a lot out of him.

Cassidy was hilarious. My favorite stuff of his in AEW

Brian Cage is a very good pick up. Due to his look, and move set he's a upper mid card guy, who can main event, as well as have important mid card matches. He lacks the nuances to be a btop guy, UNLESS they build him as a monster. which I hope they don't do.

. MJF vs Jungleboy was a good match. Too long , but good. Really impressed with MJF's in ring. He's a top tier guy.

Cody vs Archer was a bit disappointing for me. It lacked the intensity I thought it needed. Too much wrestling, should have been more of a brawl. Cody looked absolutely ridiculous. The tights and the weight belt are atrocious, and of course the neck tattoo.... Seriously, nobody coulda told him that it was a terrible idea? 

Statlander vs Ford I didn't watch too much.

Rose vs Shida was okay. Still a big fan of Nyla. Brit needs the belt, she should beat Shida soon.

Mox vs Lee was incredible. Absolutely great  in ring story, very physical, perfect time, and both guys looked great. Mox may be my favorite non-NJPW full timer. I want to see him have more wrestling matches, as he's more than capable of it, but Mox has been great aside from the Hager match. Brodie Lee was fantastic as well. THANK GOD he got rid of that ridiculous ring gear. He looks so much better now. I was really worried about him losing, but he looked like a million bucks. I would like him to go against Cody soon, maybe not now, but I think those two will be great together.

I still worry about Lee with Uno and Grayson, and I'm still not sure he can pull it off when them two. I wish he were with Blade and Butcher.

Main event was incredible. Just fantastic. Entertaining from start to finish, very creative. I don't know what I enjoyed the most? Sammy is a star in the making. He really is the next Chris Jericho. Hardy was fun, don't want him winning any titles, but I enjoy him.Santana and Ortiz were real good. Hager did great with his part. Hangman was the star, again. Omega had good spots. Bucks were alright. It was incredible.

AEW has so much room to grow. They are ready to hit their stride. Once crowds come back, they are ready to take off. It's far from perfect, but it is very good and getting better. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

was looking for the closest dentist office to my new place and it's legit the ******* office that britt baker works at lol 

she said on her last cvv, she's all about wrestling fans as patients so just grow up and do it 

"Bucks were alright" cmon man dont let your bias stop you from saying they quite possibly had the spots of the match. moonsault with a broken rib off a god damn fg post, 100 yard northern lights suplex, alex wright dance, nick jackson's splash from the seats 

that said, i think everyone in that match looked like a star.