Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 6/9/2020 at 8:21 PM, Troy Brown said:

I only think the Elite would flop in the WWE because they'd feel like such an attraction when in the spotlight with anyone else. They'd be by far more over with the crowd than any WWE produced talent, imo. They'd have no one to equal what they bring to a live crowd in WWE, and I feel safe in saying that given how many too sweet or elite chants we've heard in WWE crowds, enough even for HHH to feel insecure about at the HOF speech. 

But I guess that's my opinion.

I'm a diehard fan and they just don't get me to tune in. But then again hardly anyone from WWE gets me to tune in either.

I turned on Raw and I always, without fail land on a Rollins promo. He needs to take voice lessons. Everything he says sounds the same. It’s incredibly unbelievable, and impossible to get invested in. 

So then I read the results. R-Truth has 2-3 backstage segments with a match, same with Christian. And then Ric Flair gets involved in the main event? Wow. It’s no wonder why they only draw from old men. 

It was certainly a strong dynamite. I don't think they've done much to build Cage/Moxley but I guess Moxley matches just have a mystique around em anyway. 

If there were crowds, I think Cody would already see heel reactions. Dude's promos are heel, he's the heel in all of his matches as champion... 

Excellent show last night. FTR vs SCU was great. SCU was incredible. I just wish they didn’t act like geeks, they’re 40 plus years old. 

I really like the 8 man tag match at Fyter Fest. Interesting way to continue the story . 

really liked Hager, I feel he’s been used very well. 

I do wanna watch Hangman/Kenny v Best Friends, and Jericho v Cassidy more. Jericho had a great promo. 

What does everyone think of the Sammy issue ? Obviously it was a disgusting thing to say. And I really think the sensitivity training is a good suggestion. I just don’t think he needs to be suspended indefinitely. This was 4 years ago when he was 22. He hasn’t said anything since, he hasn’t been accused of any sexual misconduct. All signs point to a stupid joke. The kid said he’s sorry and that he’s grown up, let’s not ruin his life. People actually wanted him fired, like wtf. And I will say again, I do not condone what he said at all. 

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What does everyone think of the Sammy issue ? Obviously it was a disgusting thing to say. And I really think the sensitivity training is a good suggestion. I just don’t think he needs to be suspended indefinitely. This was 4 years ago when he was 22. He hasn’t said anything since, he hasn’t been accused of any sexual misconduct. All signs point to a stupid joke. The kid said he’s sorry and that he’s grown up, let’s not ruin his life. People actually wanted him fired, like wtf. And I will say again, I do not condone what he said at all. 

I dont think anyone should be fired from an offhanded remark from when they were young. We all said stupid ish as kids. The difference here is he said it publicly on a podcast that has to do with the industry he is trying to break into. Even 16 year old me knows enough to clam up while at work. I do think this is being handled properly. He will be back and it will be fine but he the consequences should help him grow.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think anyone should be fired from an offhanded remark from when they were young. We all said stupid ish as kids. The difference here is he said it publicly on a podcast that has to do with the industry he is trying to break into. Even 16 year old me knows enough to clam up while at work. I do think this is being handled properly. He will be back and it will be fine but he the consequences should help him grow.

I understand your point. I guess the way I look at it and things like this is 

There’s no malicious intent 

he doesn’t have a history of saying things like this . 

Theres no allegations of misconduct 

I would like to treat it just simply as a learning experience rather than a punishment . 

If more comes out about Darby, that boy is done . And rightfully so. 

58 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Excellent show last night. FTR vs SCU was great. SCU was incredible. I just wish they didn’t act like geeks, they’re 40 plus years old. 

I really like the 8 man tag match at Fyter Fest. Interesting way to continue the story . 

really liked Hager, I feel he’s been used very well. 

I do wanna watch Hangman/Kenny v Best Friends, and Jericho v Cassidy more. Jericho had a great promo. 

Was loving the opening match right up until the "has no business in wrestling" flops into a crowd of waiting to catch them people. That was a real wrestling match up until that point. Actually looked like 2 guys that hated each other in a fight. Big time potential in both guys.

FTR and SCU.... I saw FTR roll up in their truck, strutting up to the ring, get up in SCU faces like theyre tough guys. Which had me laughing uncontrollably cause they remind me of that Will Farrell board room scene in his Elf movie. "Oh youre an angry little elf."  So I fast forwarded through the actual match to the end where Butcher/Blade had a nice promo.

Page/Omega/BFs segment was killer. The Britt/Swole, Hagar/Cody, Cabana/Brodie, Jericho/Orange and couple others were all nice segments as well. Best out of ring work Ive seen from a show in a long while.

And I had low expectations for Matt/Santana. But that match turned out to be solid as could be. Surprised me.

43 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Was loving the opening match right up until the "has no business in wrestling" flops into a crowd of waiting to catch them people. That was a real wrestling match up until that point. Actually looked like 2 guys that hated each other in a fight. Big time potential in both guys.

FTR and SCU.... I saw FTR roll up in their truck, strutting up to the ring, get up in SCU faces like theyre tough guys. Which had me laughing uncontrollably cause they remind me of that Will Farrell board room scene in his Elf movie. "Oh youre an angry little elf."  So I fast forwarded through the actual match to the end where Butcher/Blade had a nice promo.

Page/Omega/BFs segment was killer. The Britt/Swole, Hagar/Cody, Cabana/Brodie, Jericho/Orange and couple others were all nice segments as well. Best out of ring work Ive seen from a show in a long while.

And I had low expectations for Matt/Santana. But that match turned out to be solid as could be. Surprised me.

Are you the person who thinks FTR was overrated? If so ( or the person who does) could you explain why? I forgot to ask.