Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Some people, dare I say most people, wont learn without consequences that mean something to them. 

I work in education with Middle School kids, I can talk a ton about what changes behavior lol. 

You don’t think it would be fair if for this time they made him go to classes and if it happened again then get suspended or worse?

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I work in education with Middle School kids, I can talk a ton about what changes behavior lol. 

You don’t think it would be fair if for this time they made him go to classes and if it happened again then get suspended or worse?

They can't have him on TV right now. It is just bad for business. People will tune out simply because he has a scandal and they dont want to see him. It also does him no favors long term to have him out their right now, because the stigma will stick. Being out indefinitely is helping him in more ways than just personal growth. The reason it is 'indefinitely' is so they can time his return once the news cycle has turned over and this isnt as much of a hot button issue, both his story specifically and the overall narrative of sexual abuse in the industry. 

38 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They can't have him on TV right now. It is just bad for business. People will tune out simply because he has a scandal and they dont want to see him. It also does him no favors long term to have him out their right now, because the stigma will stick. Being out indefinitely is helping him in more ways than just personal growth. The reason it is 'indefinitely' is so they can time his return once the news cycle has turned over and this isnt as much of a hot button issue, both his story specifically and the overall narrative of sexual abuse in the industry. 

That’s a really good point that I haven’t thought about. Prob doing him a favor aside from the not paying him part

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Are you the person who thinks FTR was overrated? If so ( or the person who does) could you explain why? I forgot to ask. 

I dont think theyre overrated. I think theyre overpushed. Theyre enhancement talent. Where they have the skill to get teams over and make others look great. At their size, and with their look. Theyre not a team to be banked on to carry the load. Just arnt believable and dont pass the eye test in that regard.

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont think theyre overrated. I think theyre overpushed. Theyre enhancement talent. Where they have the skill to get teams over and make others look great. At their size, and with their look. Theyre not a team to be banked on to carry the load. Just arnt believable and dont pass the eye test in that regard.

Let me get this straight, you're only problem with them is how they look?

30 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

don't think AEW gonna bring her in, but they should really add Blanchard now that she's out there. i think she's gonna be out of a job for a minute in this current climate tho. 

Am I the only one who doesnt think much of Tessa? Her promo work is meh at best and in ring she is fine. She get's so much attention for being intergender, that wont happen on AEW or WWE. If Im them, I dont consider her and I'd rather build up my own talent. 

14 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I disagree completely there. Dax needs to have his old facial hair back but those guys look like they can really kick some a**. They’re not body builders, but those are the type of guys you don’t mess with.

I got a picture with Omega a few years ago ( real nice guy) I’m 5’10 on a good day , and I was like an inch taller and very comparable width wise. Kenny’s physique is incredible, but guys like FTR with the mass are more intimidating 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

don't think AEW gonna bring her in, but they should really add Blanchard now that she's out there. i think she's gonna be out of a job for a minute in this current climate tho. 

Business wise, absolutely they should bring her in. 

She has a history of being hard to work with , along with her recent controversies . That’s why I’m shocked she’s acting like this to Impact. It seems like Tony Kahn only wants ‘ high character’ people ( Packer People lol ) and there must be questions about her character . But then again Tully is there , he can help and can vouch for her.

Edited by Rainmaker90

20 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I understand your point. I guess the way I look at it and things like this is 

There’s no malicious intent 

he doesn’t have a history of saying things like this . 

Theres no allegations of misconduct 

I would like to treat it just simply as a learning experience rather than a punishment . 

If more comes out about Darby, that boy is done . And rightfully so. 

What’s up with Darby?

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Am I the only one who doesnt think much of Tessa? Her promo work is meh at best and in ring she is fine. She get's so much attention for being intergender, that wont happen on AEW or WWE. If Im them, I dont consider her and I'd rather build up my own talent. 

I'm not a fan. She's been handed everything you can be handed in the business and still brings baggage with her everywhere she does. The only reason I'd consider for AEW is because their division is awful.

11 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I disagree completely there. Dax needs to have his old facial hair back but those guys look like they can really kick some a**. They’re not body builders, but those are the type of guys you don’t mess with.

I got a picture with Omega a few years ago ( real nice guy) I’m 5’10 on a good day , and I was like an inch taller and very comparable width wise. Kenny’s physique is incredible, but guys like FTR with the mass are more intimidating 

If Im going to build a wrestling company like AEW is doing. Id hire them to enhance other talent. They cant draw as top billing.. FTR was advertised all week for having a match this week on AEW. And AEW just drew their lowest viewership in existence.

To draw viewers and to capture the casuals more steady. They arnt a team to be banked on in that way. But they are a team with heavy inring skill that can make others look great when they arnt.  Like Rick Rude making Ultimate Warrior look like hes not clueless in the ring. They should enhance teams with the look, with the mic skills, with a believable appearance. Not hold the top spot themselves. Because so few can buy into it.

21 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Let me get this straight, you're only problem with them is how they look?

Theyre smaller than CRASH HOLLY. And I should take them as serious tough guys over Crash? Crash had the tough guy act nailed perfect for someone of his stature as comedy relief. FTR trying to play it in a serious manner looks ridiculous.