Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

I was beyond impressed with Pat McAfee. If I knew nothing about this guy going into watching this I never once would have thought or would have believed that was a "celebrity" in his first match. I don't follow NXT much any more other than reading an article here and there and I was sure this was going to be a disaster and had zero interest in watching. My buddy threw it on at work and he 100% looked like a legit wrestler. Props to him. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I was beyond impressed with Pat McAfee. If I knew nothing about this guy going into watching this I never once would have thought or would have believed that was a "celebrity" in his first match. I don't follow NXT much any more other than reading an article here and there and I was sure this was going to be a disaster and had zero interest in watching. My buddy threw it on at work and he 100% looked like a legit wrestler. Props to him. 

I stopped watching wrestling a while ago but I still follow stuff on social media and I saw the backflip off the turnbuckle that baffled Adam Cole and I'm like "I'm in." So I'm probably gonna buy WWE Network just to watch that match lol.

17 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s how you do it. Way to make Brodie Lee look like a million bucks. 

I am undecided regarding how I feel about this. Just a couple weeks ago, you had this man selling for Nick Jackson. Idk, it's interesting. I'll give it time to breathe and see where they take it. I do love Lee though so I am for it

58 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That was the worst Takeover ever. That's not to say it was bad, because generally Takeovers are amazing, this show was solid to good. However, given the high bar, it is clearly the worst one. 

They've been declining for a good bit. Plus without the crowd, takeovers lose their shine a bit. I haven't even watched Dakota/Shirai or Kross/Lee yet but I doubt they'll be good enough to save what was a crappy ladder match. I can see what your meaning.

That said, I loved Balor/Thatcher even if the better wrestler lost

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Damn, mcafee looked like a million bucks. Would have never guessed it was his first match. I'd say it was even a good match.

The guy has actually been training longer than they gave him credit for... and with an actually good old-school trainer (RIp Rogers, who was one of the old school OVW trainers from the days when Lesnar, Batista, and Cena were there).  My only real complaint with the match was that Graves was giving clear "Vince commentary," i.e. the type of stuff that glorifies the outside athlete and has the effect of burying the incumbent talent (especially when said talent is one of your most celebrated tippy-top champions in the promotion).

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

The guy has actually been training longer than they gave him credit for... and with an actually good old-school trainer (RIp Rogers, who was one of the old school OVW trainers from the days when Lesnar, Batista, and Cena were there).  My only real complaint with the match was that Graves was giving clear "Vince commentary," i.e. the type of stuff that glorifies the outside athlete and has the effect of burying the incumbent talent (especially when said talent is one of your most celebrated tippy-top champions in the promotion).

Yeah, I also didn't really understand the dynamic given that Adam Cole is the prototypical heel but I also don't watch NXT so I'm sure it was explained. The dive to the outside and his general endurance was the most impressive stuff to me. Jericho prolly couldn't even wrestle a match that long 

On another note.... so... Roman gets new creepy teeth and he's a heel now?