Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

26 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Not many do. But ratings are tanking. With MNF arriving soon.

I know Mr Troy Brown hates my post like this. But 60+% of viewers have been 50 or over. Raws down steady in the 1.6-1.7mil range. There are more people from age 50 to 54 that watch. Than there are from ages 12-25. Its all the under 50 that are vanishing with a fury. They need all hands on deck. Stories that could involve Roman included with bringing up Lee.

don't think reigns will bring that back. there are no stakes in the wwe. no matches feel like they mean anything and the quality of wrestling isn't good enough to make up for the lack of character work. 

19 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

don't think reigns will bring that back. there are no stakes in the wwe. no matches feel like they mean anything and the quality of wrestling isn't good enough to make up for the lack of character work. 

Well... We know what the problems are. And we have completely different taste but agree on that part. But they dont seem too.

You catch Rybacks comments today? I know hes not the most reliable source. But he said HHH told him: 'Ryan, I'm just gonna tell you straight – John Cena is the last marquee name we're ever gonna have.' The brand has to be the marquee name over the talent.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Well... We know what the problems are. And we have completely different taste but agree on that part. But they dont seem too.

You catch Rybacks comments today? I know hes not the most reliable source. But he said HHH told him: 'Ryan, I'm just gonna tell you straight – John Cena is the last marquee name we're ever gonna have.' The brand has to be the marquee name over the talent.

I did see that quote, but he doesn't have let opportunities to take shots at WWE pass by very often. Idk, I just really don't see what they can do to get ratings up. They have shown no inclination to change the product at all. The matches just all play out the same. It's why when a match is even a little different (Orton v Edge), everyone drools over it. Even if AEW tag matches feel extra stale for me, they produce generally great matches that don't feel similar to one another. Pac/Omega (all of them), Jericho/OC, Dustin/Cody, Mox/Brodie, Darby/Guevara, the list goes on and on. It actually makes the stylistic differences of wrestlers feel they matter. Idk man, maybe i really am an aew mark. I grew up on WWE and WCW and never understood how people liked one and not the other.... but I guess I get it now. 

On another note, this week's BTE was hilarious. John Silver is almost carrying the damn show himself. The Dark Order sharing bit had me actually loling. Reynolds/Silver are not only great in the ring, but if there was a live crowd, their BTE bits would get them such huge reactions. It's another shame in wrestling during covi

13 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

On another note, this week's BTE was hilarious. John Silver is almost carrying the damn show himself. The Dark Order sharing bit had me actually loling. Reynolds/Silver are not only great in the ring, but if there was a live crowd, their BTE bits would get them such huge reactions. It's another shame in wrestling during covi

Dark Order better on BTE than they are on dynamite tbh 

6 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Dark Order better on BTE than they are on dynamite tbh 

maybe now that brodie lee got a built in reason on tv, they can start to expand on the personalities a bit. idk, but they suck on dynamite 

they're like the villainous groups in cartoons that never come out on top... team rocket/ninja turtles esque stuff. it'd prolly make for better tv to embrace that

Edited by Troy Brown
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 5:59 PM, Deadpulse said:

havent they already announced Ciampa's return to nxt?

answered my own questions

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/2020-08-26/article/tommaso-ciampa-set-to-return-to-nxt

That doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Thunderdome is a residency in Amway Center in Orlando... the PC isn't far from there.  And knowing how long Vince and Bruce drag bad ideas that aren't getting over out, we aren't getting one of these guys unmasked unless it's by accident like Jessi Kamea's was until October at the earliest.  I know that the other suspected leader candidate is Sami, but Vince has never had confidence in Sami and I have trouble having seen that change enough for them to make him a key cog in a major storyline.  Realistically, as long as they keep doing RAW Underground and bringing in PC folks to supplement those numbers, they're going to have a bunch of people available they can put in black and ski-masks to be the Retribution members for the night.  Or this whole thing could go the way of the Smackdown hacker (was supposed to be Ali) and it just fades away when it doesn't hook the way Vince convinced himself it would.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

If Keith Lee doesn't go over Randy Orton clean at Payback I will boycott WWE

Thats been WWEs problem for a few years now. Bring in some NXT guy and strap a jetpack to him. Lee needs to lose clean but look strong in the match. Then spend time letting fans get to know him while building him through the ranks. Target a IC match at Mania or something.

15 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats been WWEs problem for a few years now. Bring in some NXT guy and strap a jetpack to him. Lee needs to lose clean but look strong in the match. Then spend time letting fans get to know him while building him through the ranks. Target a IC match at Mania or something.

That's their problem? Their problem is not committing to them once they are here. 

31 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That's their problem? Their problem is not committing to them once they are here. 

Yes. Thats their problem. WWE brings these NXT guys in. Gives them top billing and big wins. When 2/3rds of the viewers dont know them and see these random guys come in and beat established names with no build to them whatsoever. They dont pan out or attract any viewers. Then thats when WWE doesnt commit long term to them.

They should never start in that position to begin with. Bring them in, build them. See how they test with fans. Then push as needed.

49 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yes. Thats their problem. WWE brings these NXT guys in. Gives them top billing and big wins. When 2/3rds of the viewers dont know them and see these random guys come in and beat established names with no build to them whatsoever. They dont pan out or attract any viewers. Then thats when WWE doesnt commit long term to them.

They should never start in that position to begin with. Bring them in, build them. See how they test with fans. Then push as needed.

Thats pretty myopic. They have come in from NXT in pretty much every way. KO got the big early push and succeeded long term. Aleister Black got the slow burn and still hasnt found his footing. Honestly, there are way more examples of guys NOT getting the big early push from NXT then there is. KO, Shinsuke, and Finn are really the only ones. Even Drew got the slow build and he already had main roster recognition. Besides, NXT airs on USA now, there is much more exposure, especially considering the ratings. So I say again, their problem is not 'strapping the jetpack' because they dont actually do that all that often. It's that they get lost in the shuffle. 

They cut a popular and strong run at the top of NXT short to bring Keith to Raw. He had a lot more good to great to do at the top of that card. If they just bury him out the gate with a DQ loss and the a clean loss to Orton it will be doing him a disservice. You don't bring a guy up at the height of his popularity just to throw him below the mid card, theres no point in that. If you want to slow burn Keith Lee you let him play out at the top of NXT before bringing him to Raw. 

25 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Thats pretty myopic. They have come in from NXT in pretty much every way. KO got the big early push and succeeded long term. Aleister Black got the slow burn and still hasnt found his footing. Honestly, there are way more examples of guys NOT getting the big early push from NXT then there is. KO, Shinsuke, and Finn are really the only ones. Even Drew got the slow build and he already had main roster recognition. Besides, NXT airs on USA now, there is much more exposure, especially considering the ratings. So I say again, their problem is not 'strapping the jetpack' because they dont actually do that all that often. It's that they get lost in the shuffle. 

They cut a popular and strong run at the top of NXT short to bring Keith to Raw. He had a lot more good to great to do at the top of that card. If they just bury him out the gate with a DQ loss and the a clean loss to Orton it will be doing him a disservice. You don't bring a guy up at the height of his popularity just to throw him below the mid card, theres no point in that. If you want to slow burn Keith Lee you let him play out at the top of NXT before bringing him to Raw. 

What popularity? 700k watch NXT. Even with no AEW matchup this week. They still got 700k. Raw did 2 million. So bring a guy up from a show that has far less than half the fans of the other. And he should be put over WWEs top name in the company right off the bat? He should be made to look good in a losing effort. Like Cody did for Kingston.

Look at Prototype Cena. He was a bigger prospect with OVW than anyone in NXT has ever been. He came up and had a classic match with Angle in a losing effort. Then one with Taker. Then he banged around the US Title ranks for a while. When he was proven and had the fans backing. Then they pushed him. Thats what should be done with Lee.  Next Rumble or Mania. Have a big buildup for the US Title. Give the 1.3 million out of 2 million the chance to know him and see what he can do first. Because if youre just going by NXT popularity. Really. He didnt move the needle a lick. A couple of their lowest viewed shows csme while he was champ.