Jump to content
steelcurtain29

Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

Recommended Posts

On 9/18/2020 at 7:10 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

According to official Meltzer stats. Balding Buck has more 4+ star matches than any wrestler in history. Not Angle, Flair, Steamboat, HBK, Okada or any of those guys. Nick Jackson is king of the hill.

That tells me all I need to know about Dave.

That can’t be true ? On the wrestling spectrum I’m in the middle of both Dave and Corny. 
 

@Troy Brown what do you see in Best Friends ? The mom storyline is embarrassing. WWE level bad. Chuck , eh , it is what it is. He has charisma . Frankly, outside of Trent’s look, Idt Trent is anything special. Solid in ring, no charisma. Don’t see how he connects with anyone. I’m glad they left NJPW.

 

Santana and Ortiz in Impact were incredible. Very cool, and they’re both great in ring. They still have it in them, but Ortiz needs to stop acting like a f****** moron .

Im a big fan of AEW, but they’re missing the mark with so many people right now.

 

And for a reminder NJPW’s G1 started this weekend. It is the best wrestling on the planet . Give it a shot. 1 month 10 bucks , you will be happy you did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That can’t be true ? On the wrestling spectrum I’m in the middle of both Dave and Corny. 
 

@Troy Brown what do you see in Best Friends ? The mom storyline is embarrassing. WWE level bad. Chuck , eh , it is what it is. He has charisma . Frankly, outside of Trent’s look, Idt Trent is anything special. Solid in ring, no charisma. Don’t see how he connects with anyone. I’m glad they left NJPW.

 

Santana and Ortiz in Impact were incredible. Very cool, and they’re both great in ring. They still have it in them, but Ortiz needs to stop acting like a f****** moron .

Im a big fan of AEW, but they’re missing the mark with so many people right now.

 

And for a reminder NJPW’s G1 started this weekend. It is the best wrestling on the planet . Give it a shot. 1 month 10 bucks , you will be happy you did 

You might think the mom storyline is embarrassing but you'd be in the very small minority and I think you know that. I think Trent is better than solid and has a great look. Just think they're funny myself. They're pretty over so seems like people are getting it. It's cool if you don't like it, you don't gotta. 

Ortiz is not gonna stop acting like a moron, that's been his gimmick for as long as he's been wrestling. Dude hasn't changed in the 7 years I've been watching him, my local indie was their home promotion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

You might think the mom storyline is embarrassing but you'd be in the very small minority and I think you know that. I think Trent is better than solid and has a great look. Just think they're funny myself. They're pretty over so seems like people are getting it. It's cool if you don't like it, you don't gotta. 

Ortiz is not gonna stop acting like a moron, that's been his gimmick for as long as he's been wrestling. Dude hasn't changed in the 7 years I've been watching him, my local indie was their home promotion. 

 

Noooo. I’m willing to bet the BTE fans found it being funny. Not a majority . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Noooo. I’m willing to bet the BTE fans found it being funny. Not a majority . 

It's the best selling shirt on prowrestling tees 

my friends who don't watch wrestling thought it was hilarious too 

WWE would never be clever enough to have a tag team named best friends be dropped off by their real life mom 

bro I get you don't like it, but you're definitely in the minority 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

It's the best selling shirt on prowrestling tees 

my friends who don't watch wrestling thought it was hilarious too 

WWE would never be clever enough to have a tag team named best friends be dropped off by their real life mom 

bro I get you don't like it, but you're definitely in the minority 

Followed by ‘ Botched Apparel’ and ‘ Mystery Grab Bag’ doesn’t mean much . 
 

I cannot find the ratings for that hour. If you or anyone can I’d love to see it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Followed by ‘ Botched Apparel’ and ‘ Mystery Grab Bag’ doesn’t mean much . 
 

I cannot find the ratings for that hour. If you or anyone can I’d love to see it 

I mean even if the ratings aren't great, it doesn't mean it isn't good or it's popular with more people than that of those that just watch bte. it's cool if you don't like something man, it doesn't mean it's bad though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Livewire said:

I can't believe they gave them those names. Slapjack? Come on. 

RETRIBUTION was botched weeks ago, they are just digging the ditch deeper each week afterward. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I watched a clip of their promo. Seemed like the worst thing i've ever seen 

The worst part is, they stumbled arse backwards into a GREAT faction in the Hurt Business and now they are tainting them with this drivel. Whose the heel? Hurt Business or RETRIBUTION? I mean its fine if you are putting up a match or something, but this is a multiweek feud now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The worst part is, they stumbled arse backwards into a GREAT faction in the Hurt Business and now they are tainting them with this drivel. Whose the heel? Hurt Business or RETRIBUTION? I mean its fine if you are putting up a match or something, but this is a multiweek feud now. 

Didn't even know, WWE is just about unwatchable for me now. How can anyone be interested in that? I know earlier I said just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad but I feel very confidently saying that the WWE product is BAD 

Mia Yim and Donovan Dijak just sounded like such tools. Why are you giving a contract to a group who is destroying your facility? None of it makes sense. Not to mention, everyone has seen them on NXT recently lol

Edited by Troy Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I mean even if the ratings aren't great, it doesn't mean it isn't good or it's popular with more people than that of those that just watch bte. it's cool if you don't like something man, it doesn't mean it's bad though 

I’m not bashing it too harshly , I do think there is room for that kinda stuff, I just don’t think top level guys ( like Santana and Ortiz, for some people Trent) should do . 
 

I’m all for humor spots in shows, however if it’s over done , it’s a big problem . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m all for humor spots in shows, however if it’s over done , it’s a big problem . 

If it remains entertaining, whats the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 4:10 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

According to official Meltzer stats. Balding Buck has more 4+ star matches than any wrestler in history. Not Angle, Flair, Steamboat, HBK, Okada or any of those guys. Nick Jackson is king of the hill.

That tells me all I need to know about Dave.

Bless you for this comment, sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...