Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You think he has ME potential? I’m not feeling it yet, but I do see and hear it . The kid needs a shot . 

I do. I know the comparison gets thrown around A LOT, but he has so much Eddie Guerrero in him. The charisma is so smooth and his in ring work is top notch. Team Taz will serve as a good learning tree for him as he refines his persona. That's really all he needs, to find his hook. 

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You think he has ME potential? I’m not feeling it yet, but I do see and hear it . The kid needs a shot . 

Terrific show. AEW is fun, I can’t remember the last time I thought wwe was fun. 

I said before. When AEW is good its real good. When its bad its the worst.

This week and week before last were great shows. Last week was the worst wrestling program Ive ever witnessed.

On Starks. I should like him being hes from New Orleans. But like you. Im not getting the vibes. He seems to me as one of those guys that will make the diehards and current base of fans happy. But nobody with any appeal to draw in a single new fan. Too generic. Same style, same moveset as any other heel on AEW. If theres anything to him. He needs to separate himself.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

This week and week before last were great shows. Last week was the worst wrestling program Ive ever witnessed.

On Starks. I should like him being hes from New Orleans. But like you. Im not getting the vibes. He seems to me as one of those guys that will make the diehards and current base of fans happy. But nobody with any appeal to draw in a single new fan. Too generic. Same style, same moveset as any other heel on AEW. If theres anything to him. He needs to separate himself.

At its worst of worst AEW does not compare to WWE in my opinion 

On 10/1/2020 at 5:05 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

I agree.  And this is where it's a real blow to AEW that Jeff Cobb opted to sign on with NJPW over them.

Disagree entirely, honestly. Starks is one of the best promos in wrestling right now. I think the stuff between him and Darby has been pretty lazy booking, but Stark's promos have carried the program. He's been a bright spot of the shows for me and I've found the past few weeks a lil boring myself. 

I don't think he's great in the ring, but his heel work is top notch in my opinion. 

I don't think Cobb would have done much in AEW right now, don't think it's much of a loss. They've got Miro who is similar, likely not going to be a heel, though. They don't have enough time week to week to showcase the guys they already have. 

And come on bro, AEW at it's worst is still better than retribution or carmella, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz enough hyperbole. Dio Maddin straight looked into Ali's face like he was sci fi monster ready to attack 

Edited by Troy Brown

3 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Not a fan of this AEW episode. Real sick of Cody. 

Same. I enjoyed the collar match. But not the outcome. Cody leaves for a month and drops the title. Returns and gives it back to himself. His program and it always feels like hes doing things for himself and Brandys personal benefit.
I was hoping it would be a 3 match series. Cody takes 2 bad losses. Then overcomes all to win it style. Not a "Brody, hold my bag while I use the john. Ok Im back, give it here." type deal.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Same. I enjoyed the collar match. But not the outcome. Cody leaves for a month and drops the title. Returns and gives it back to himself. His program and it always feels like hes doing things for himself and Brandys personal benefit.
I was hoping it would be a 3 match series. Cody takes 2 bad losses. Then overcomes all to win it style. Not a "Brody, hold my bag while I use the john. Ok Im back, give it here." type deal.

You're tripping. Cody has the best promo game going in the world right now. He has the most appealing in ring work to both all styles of wrestlers and wrestling fans. He appeals to the people who prefer the old school style and he appeals to those who would rather watch the high flying indie style. He is a master at making matches feel BIG. It would be stupid to not have Cody in a prominent role. Besides I still think we are likely to get a rubber match with Brodie Lee, likely at Full Gear. 

The Brandi take is particularly bad though. She hasnt even sniffed title contention. She's only had 3 matches in the singles division all year and she sits at 2-1. I cant even remember the last time she was ranked. She was positioned to be a tag team player and then lost the tag tournament. If anything, Brandi has been trying (and failing more times than not) to elevate other women in the division. 

I'm bored of Cody's promos. They all have similar cadence and feel the same at this point. It just feels weak to be destroyed the way he did and make a huge deal out of it only for him to be so dominant 6 weeks later. I see Cody's appeal. But it's some Jeff Jarrett booking, imo

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 5:15 AM, Troy Brown said:

I'm bored of Cody's promos. They all have similar cadence and feel the same at this point. It just feels weak to be destroyed the way he did and make a huge deal out of it only for him to be so dominant 6 weeks later. I see Cody's appeal. But it's some Jeff Jarrett booking, imo

i agree they're getting pretty formulaic. same with mox tbh. 

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i agree they're getting pretty formulaic. same with mox tbh. 

at least with mox, they're like a vignette almost. i like the non-ring promos aew does, even if they're not great, they feel different... imo at least 

i actually like mox the character more than his in ring stuff 

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

at least with mox, they're like a vignette almost. i like the non-ring promos aew does, even if they're not great, they feel different... imo at least 

i actually like mox the character more than his in ring stuff 

i like almost every promo AEW runs. besides that isaiah kassidy one like three weeks back that was like holy **** bad. dont even dislike cody or mox, they're just both doing the same thing over and over at this point. i couldn't recall a specific promo from either of them in the past few months where i was like damn that was great & i watch every episode. i know they kill it with energy, but neither of them has really given a promo that's advanced a storyline in a memorable way in a minute. 

and yeah mox's in-ring stuff is pretty pedestrian. was hoping MJF was gonna take the strap off him. 

now gotta worry about Lance Archer doing that... if Lance didn't ever speak or look into the camera he'd be killing it. every time he talks and looks into the camera, he ruins his character imo lol. 

my only REAL gripe with AEW at the moment is how they took a great fun little gimmick in Orange Cassidy and are now over-exposing him and "giving what the audience what they want" in what's the most ******* textbook case of obviously don't give the audience what they want. imo. that jericho - cassidy feud was like channel changing ****. 

not hating at all, AEW is the only wrestling show I like and watch at the moment. good definitely outweighs the bad.