Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Did anyone catch that MJF, Jericho dance number? Amazing

I just saw it on youtube. I will watch the show later, but that segment was so weird, funny and simply phenomenal. Probably one of the best segments AEW has ever put out and something we'll remember for years to come.

You gotta be kidding me, that was the one the worst segments I've ever seen on a wrestling show. A musical?! Absolutely terrible. If this aired on WWE TV people would trash it to the moon. Aew promised sports based wrestling instead this is a another sports entertainment knockoff. Horrible Horrible cringe worthy. No wonder wrestling doesn't get ratings like it has in the past

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You gotta be kidding me, that was the one the worst segments I've ever seen on a wrestling show. A musical?! Absolutely terrible. If this aired on WWE TV people would trash it to the moon. Aew promised sports based wrestling instead this is a another sports entertainment knockoff. Horrible Horrible cringe worthy. No wonder wrestling doesn't get ratings like it has in the past

I loved it

Jungle Jack vs Wardlow was the best big guy/little guy match that AEW has produced. It actually looked like a fight. No silly nonsense flippy trash. The aerial moves Jack did connect fit and timed without delay. Ones he was slower on were countered every time.

Disliked the OC Cody match last week cause it was everything opposite this was for most of that match. Jack and Wardlow showed how a speedy guys should work when facing bigger. Bigger guys shouldnt go trying to work their style. Should come together and meet in the middle. And they balanced it perfect.

And glad Omega is taking some of Cornettes advice. Cant go making everyone look great and have star players giving any jobber 20 mins. Kenny pulled off a squash, which he needed badly to bring back some credibility.

It definitely had something. It was absolutely unexpected. I did expect something to happen, but i never expected this, so i absolutely laughed when MJF started singing and then the dancers came in. AEW promised sports based Wrestling. True. But Tony Khan also said that they'll add in a little bit of comedy from time to time and that's exactly what happened here and it worked perfectly for me. I can understand why people hate it, because it's just something different and i get that people might think it's not in character for these 2 guys, but together they always acted funny, so i think it fit right into their characters. I don't watch WWE, but from that i remember on segments during the past WWE always felt underwhelming and disappointing, so really bad when they did unusual stuff. Mainly because it felt out of character from time to time or they even buried characters with stuff like that. Here i felt like AEW hit the nail with it.

Edited by Edge

I prefer wrestling to not be broadway Glee or Hamilton.

It was trending this way but I'll probably never watch another episode of AEW again. Aew has too much bad comedy, almost 50% of it is every show.

I'm a wrestling fan from the 80s, 90s and 2000s. What happened to pro wrestling? I can enjoy football, baseball, basketball and every other sport not changing like this. Pro wrestling has ran off it their fanbase by all this Hokey hollywood entertainment garbage

Imagine in the middle of the eagles and giants the referees started singing and dancing. 

• Like 1

You can't compare Wrestling to any sport. There was a time Wrestling was in and had huge audiences. But nowadays we have totally different times. Kayfabe is dead, well at least to a certain degree as the internet made it a lot easier for people to develope from a mark into a smart mark, which probably wasn't the case that much back in those days. The wrestling styles have changed. There you probably can even draw comparison to real sports. I dunno about Baseball, but i think in all the other sports and add in soccer as well, the players have become way more athletic. The same applies to Wrestling. Wrestlers nowadays are more athletic and so the style developed into a more modern and athletic style of professional wrestling. Not everybody likes that, but i wouldn't say that's the reason why Wrestling isn't drawing the numbers it did back then. Especially if u consider, that this style of wrestling became popular on the mainstream far later, than the acutal decline started in the 2000s.

I think there is no way that the oldschool style can draw the numbers needed in todays mainstream. Guys like Jim Cornette might think that way, but they're just living in the past. Wrestling has changed, just as society has changed. 

Edited by Edge

4 minutes ago, Edge said:

but from that i remember on segments during the past WWE always felt underwhelming and disappointing, so really bad when they did unusual stuff. Here i felt like AEW hit the nail with something unexpected.

This. If WWE did this it would be so poorly produced and zero effort put in just for the laugh. 

36 minutes ago, Edge said:

You can't compare Wrestling to any sport. There was a time Wrestling was in and had huge audiences. But nowadays we have totally different times. Kayfabe is dead, well at least to a certain degree as the internet made it a lot easier for people to develope from a mark into a smart mark, which probably wasn't the case that much back in those days. The wrestling styles have changed. There you probably can even draw comparison to real sports. I dunno about Baseball, but i think in all the other sports and add in soccer as well, the players have become way more athletic. The same applies to Wrestling. Wrestlers nowadays are more athletic and so the style developed into a more modern and athletic style of professional wrestling. Not everybody likes that, but i wouldn't say that's the reason why Wrestling isn't drawing the numbers it did back then. Especially if u consider, that this style of wrestling became popular on the mainstream far later, than the acutal decline started in the 2000s.

I think there is no way that the oldschool style can draw the numbers needed in todays mainstream. Guys like Jim Cornette might think that way, but they're just living in the past. Wrestling has changed, just as society has changed. 

I basically agree with none of that.

"Wrestling styles have changed"... No. 12-15 million viewers 20+ years ago. Avg age 24.. Today the avg age has passed 50 and there are less than 2 million watching.

I mean yes. I can see it on tv that it has changed. But the fans havent when half of the less than 2 million left are complaining about what theyre seeing.

These "athletic" guys were always around. And usually used to enhance the mainstream characters. Goldberg couldnt wrestle, Jake, JYD, Hogan, Warrior. None of those guys. And it was up to the other guy to make them look as passable as possible and sell the crap out of everything. Currently, all thats out there are enhancement level talents. None of the characters. And as an end result you wind up with more watching from age 49-54 alone than 12-28. Same thing that didnt work when HBK and Bret were title holders isnt working now. Wrestling has changed. From mainstream to life support. Carried on by a handful of flippy fans, mixed with a majority thats been fans 50years and arnt able to kick the habit.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 11:47 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Jungle Jack vs Wardlow was the best big guy/little guy match that AEW has produced. It actually looked like a fight. No silly nonsense flippy trash. The aerial moves Jack did connect fit and timed without delay. Ones he was slower on were countered every time.

Disliked the OC Cody match last week cause it was everything opposite this was for most of that match. Jack and Wardlow showed how a speedy guys should work when facing bigger. Bigger guys shouldnt go trying to work their style. Should come together and meet in the middle. And they balanced it perfect.

And glad Omega is taking some of Cornettes advice. Cant go making everyone look great and have star players giving any jobber 20 mins. Kenny pulled off a squash, which he needed badly to bring back some credibility.

bro he literally reversed from a firemans carry on the top rope into a hurricanrana in midair

anybody complaining about the jericho/mjf segment should prolly stop watching wrestling. it was well done, and most people absolutely loved it. i didn't like it, but i'm not gonna sit here and complain about how wrestling is dead. i mean, damn, 20+ years ago, you had an asian faction doing choppy choppy to pee pees and old women giving birth to hands and milk trucks and beer trucks, etc etc etc. 

there is always goofy stuff in wrestling.  it was well done and that's all we can ask for! 

Not a single comment on a WWE pay per view? Says volumes.

I rarely watch anything WWE unless I'm working with my coworker, who is a fan, during a PPV but I couldn't sleep so I threw on the replay.

WWE's production is so Fing good.  Like top notch. There were so many fantastic shots tonight.

It's just so GD cheesy and with too many obvious focuses on "talking points".