Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 10/25/2020 at 9:50 PM, Troy Brown said:

anybody complaining about the jericho/mjf segment should prolly stop watching wrestling. it was well done, and most people absolutely loved it. i didn't like it, but i'm not gonna sit here and complain about how wrestling is dead. i mean, damn, 20+ years ago, you had an asian faction doing choppy choppy to pee pees and old women giving birth to hands and milk trucks and beer trucks, etc etc etc. 

there is always goofy stuff in wrestling.  it was well done and that's all we can ask for! 

No It was cringe and hokey. I don't tune into wrestling to watch them sing and dance Glee and broadway style. The segment was done by people who think they are funny and comedians but are not. When you start doing musicals, you break into a complete different genre

I see a difference of opinion on it, either people like it or hated it. Most AEW fans like majority of anything they do

Wrestling isn't dead but majority of the casual viewers are gone. Only the diehards and people who can't kick the habit are really left. The proof is in the numbers, 20 years ago wrestling had 10-15 million viewers per week. Now that is down to 2-4 million weekly and that might be generous. The attitude era sports entertainment stuff is what produced what we see today in AEW and WWE. People are done with the comedy goofy wrestling and it ran off the fanbase. For decades wrestling used certain formula's in it that kept people coming back and tuning in. Wrestling has gotten mostly away from that as time has went on

Couple of quick hits:

• Roman Reigns and the Usos are currently the based acts going on in wrestling.
  • -Keith Lee is improving weekly and has a new mean streak
  • Edge vs Orton for WWE title in the works
  • Lana being put through a table weekly is hilarious and petty
  • - WWE needs to feature Pat Mcafee More
  • -Where is Chelsea Green and Santana Garrett?
  • -Wardlow should be AEW world champ
  • - Ricky Starks should be TV champ

34 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Very hopeful Rosa stays in AEW and if they let her get away, shame on Khan and Kenny, she would be a foundational piece for a division that desperately needs one 

Meltzer seems absolutely convinced Thunder Rosa is on her way the Entertainment company 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

lol of course the Finals for the #1 contender spot are Omega and Page. AEW has the same issues WWE has, AEW stans just won't admit it.

It was obviously set up for Omega and Page to face off at Full Gear and there was never any doubt about that but the tourney gave us 4 really good matches rather than two weeks of nothing but talk or those guys in filler matches so I'll take it.

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

It was obviously set up for Omega and Page to face off at Full Gear and there was never any doubt about that but the tourney gave us 4 really good matches rather than two weeks of nothing but talk or those guys in filler matches so I'll take it.

I knooooooooooow. I was just hoping Wardlow would be the guy. 

Part of it is that Cody is the TNT champ too outside of the time he needed the break for whatever reasons (don't care enough to research). It's the same cronyism bull**** that WWE does. AEW is no different. They pretend to be but they're not.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I knooooooooooow. I was just hoping Wardlow would be the guy. 

Part of it is that Cody is the TNT champ too outside of the time he needed the break for whatever reasons (don't care enough to research). It's the same cronyism bull**** that WWE does. AEW is no different. They pretend to be but they're not.

the problem with WWE is that every single promo/segment is just cringy af for the most part

i feel like calling cody being the TNT champ for 2 and half months and now like a 3 week current run "cronyism", when he's one of probably the 2nd or 3rd most talented wrestler on the roster, while helping to groom their home grown talent pretty far reaching. he had been taking L's in all of his big matches in the infancy of the company up until the TNT championship run. that's re-established him. aided in selling the moment brodie squashed him. and then on top of that when their other guys like the bucks and omega were just in like supporting roles not getting strap runs, all the complaints were like "they don't even know how to book themselves, what idiots"

i feel like WWE stans (i don't even think you are, i never really see you hyping it up) will like watch an episode and be like "it's even worse than the E and you're IGNORANT if you think otherwise!!!", "oh if the E did this, everyone would say it's awful" when the reality is the E just doesn't execute like ******* anything in an authentic manner lol. AEW has their flaws for sure, but it doesn't feel like a pointless watch every week that's not leading to any pay off. 

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol of course the Finals for the #1 contender spot are Omega and Page. AEW has the same issues WWE has, AEW stans just won't admit it.

Sometimes wrestling is obvious, as long as it's well done, it isn't an issue. Better than just making them a match vs each other for a title shot. And personally speaking, i think this hangman/elite storyline is already an all-timer so sure, they get some leeway for the obvious tournament avenue from me.

Any of the last 4 tournament matches are better than any you'll find on WWE TV. Got to spotlight Wardlow and give Kenny a character layer with his Sonny squash. 

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Meltzer seems absolutely convinced Thunder Rosa is on her way the Entertainment company 

Just hoping its one of the times hes wrong. I don't care about womens wrestling nearly at all (guess u could call me aew lmao) and I'm a mark for her so here's hoping