Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

sometimes it's like he purposely puts down the product. Sometimes he isnt wrong, but my god its our job to point that out not his. 

Whenever he points it out, I just get more down on him than what actually happened. Tag matches in AEW still have a long way to go in terms of coherency, but they've also come a long way since they started. AEW has grown immensely in a year in terms of overall stability and pacing, I like to think they're identifying their product and how they want to achieve things. 

On 11/12/2020 at 5:46 AM, Troy Brown said:

I just really think they missed an opportunity to put Shaq in a Serpentico attire and attack Cody and unmask himself as a challenger 

We're ignoring the fact that Brandi Rhodes (of all people) delivered the best pro wrestling promo since CM Punk's pipe bomb?  And I don't even care (it won't, but it should be a prospect) if it buries Jade up to her neck, or that Brandi can't really work to save her life, that's as much interest as anyone's had in the AEW Women's Division since (and arguable more than) Shida/Thunderosa in-ring.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:48 AM, Troy Brown said:

I'm hoping they stick with Shaq as the "heel" in the program as that terrible promo would imply

You know damn well that's not happening... especially with AEW's "we don't have heels and faces" philosophy.  The "guest celebrity talent" is nearly always the babyface, and Shaq ain't playing no heel.  Unless he's signed a multi-event contract (at which point,  maybe he's working with someone like MJF - which would organically make sense, since it was the last name Cody was challenging, along with the Inner Circle, before Jade came out and... eventually... dropped Shaq's name - I can't see him being the heel.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

We're ignoring the fact that Brandi Rhodes (of all people) delivered the best pro wrestling promo since CM Punk's pipe bomb?  And I don't even care (it won't, but it should be a prospect) if it buries Jade up to her neck, or that Brandi can't really work to save her life, that's as much interest as anyone's had in the AEW Women's Division since (and arguable more than) Shida/Thunderosa in-ring.

She's... improving in the ring, but agreed, absolutely great promo. I think her promos are usually pretty great, the vignettes she would do leading up to Cody matches were always great. I don't even care if she's lame in the ring, sometimes I even enjoy it given how balls to the wall a lot of AEW matches are 

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You know damn well that's not happening... especially with AEW's "we don't have heels and faces" philosophy.  The "guest celebrity talent" is nearly always the babyface, and Shaq ain't playing no heel.  Unless he's signed a multi-event contract (at which point,  maybe he's working with someone like MJF - which would organically make sense, since it was the last name Cody was challenging, along with the Inner Circle, before Jade came out and... eventually... dropped Shaq's name - I can't see him being the heel.

And it might not even need to happen to be interesting... There's a whole network for them to span this program across and I'd be pretty shocked if we don't Cody on Inside the NBA

Dunno if anyone is watching Stardom (also under the ownership of Bushiroad, just like NJPW), but they announced at yesterdays show, that they are going to host their 10th anniversary show on March 3, 2021 in the Nippon Budokan. Ofc it depends on the restrictions, but if they are allowed and able to fill the entire Nippon Budokan you can expect about 12-14k fans, making it one of the biggest womens wrestling only events in the last 20 years. I think it might be even bigger than Evolution and probably on par with the biggest AJW events back in the 80s and 90s.  It's called Allstar Dream Cinderella, so it will feature the Cinderella tournament. Rossy already announced the participation of names representing the past, present and future of the company. One girl should be Kairi Hojo (Kairi Sane) who i think wanted to wrestle for 1 more year, before settling for a family. So it makes sense for her to come back to her roots.

Yesterday Act Yasukawa also wrestled for the first time in 5 years. Some might know her because of that brutal shoot of Yoshiko 5 years ago, where she lost a portion of sight on one of her eyes and was forced to retire due to the injuries.

Edited by Edge

28 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Apparently this is it for Taker. Sad day. Even sadder that WWE has been trash for so long, and that it's during a pandemic which made it significantly less impactful than it should have been. 

To be fair, they lessened the impact by needing for the bloodmoneybowls for the saudis. taker should have been done after reigns. ok, he wanted one more match cause that sucked... give him an actual match with cena. but they've brought taker back too many times for me to care if it is finally it now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

To be fair, they lessened the impact by needing for the bloodmoneybowls for the saudis. taker should have been done after reigns. ok, he wanted one more match cause that sucked... give him an actual match with cena. but they've brought taker back too many times for me to care if it is finally it now. 

That definitely played a role too. Too many mediocre/underwhelming returns. In hindsight, his match with Punk at WM should've been it.