Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Their draws are wildly different though, IMO. Shaq is to pull NBA viewers who tune in to TNT to watch the pre-game show and the games. Sting is to get the 50+ people who maybe tune into WWE from time to time but were really WCW marks back in the day. 

I agree, I just think you should write the shows differently. The Sting week I would make it more wrestling/ old school themed for that audience.

For Shaq's episode, I would make it more of the modern style. 

15 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I agree, I just think you should write the shows differently. The Sting week I would make it more wrestling/ old school themed for that audience.

For Shaq's episode, I would make it more of the modern style. 

Granted, it is a 2 hour show and that comes with some limitations. However, I think if you start the show with Shaq to try to bring in new viewers and see if some stick and then tease Sting for the end of the 2nd because old schoolers will stick around to see him, it could work well. 

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Granted, it is a 2 hour show and that comes with some limitations. However, I think if you start the show with Shaq to try to bring in new viewers and see if some stick and then tease Sting for the end of the 2nd because old schoolers will stick around to see him, it could work well. 

What do you think of bringing in legends/ celebrities for the show. I believe that it is different than WWE because everyone knows that product, where as AEW is new. They need people to give it a chance. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

What do you think of bringing in legends/ celebrities for the show. I believe that it is different than WWE because everyone knows that product, where as AEW is new. They need people to give it a chance. 

I think the way AEW uses legends is radically different than how WWE does. Guys like Arn, Jake, and Taz are there simply to give new talent the rub. Ricky Starks and Lance Archer are scratching at the ME simply because these guys give them instant credibility. Jericho is the only legend who is actually active in the ring and all he has done during his tenure is put guys over. He formed a stable of mostly new talent to get them all TV time and storyline. He elevated the title before dropping it to Mox, Since then he has put over Jungle Boy in a draw, The Best Friends, Orange Cassidy, and MJF. He isn't stepping in from time to time into the ME, he is there every day using his pedigree to boost others to that spot. 

• Like 2

Man I've barely watched WWE this year I'm so glad the only things I watched live were the Rumble and Mania cuz those really lived up, but man I ain't tryna see Drew McIntrye as WWE Champion lmao. There's just no stars in the WWE left anymore Roman, AJ, and Randy are the only guys left that I can take serious.

Brock, Cena, Taker, HHH, HBK, Y2J, Batista, Kane, Orton, Edge, Hardyz, Angle, Mysterio, Booker, all these guys I grew up watching they all gone man and if any of them are left barring Orton they only show up for Mania and these guys man I honestly can't watch and take seriously no more lmao. Other than AJ who's been my favorite in ring wrestler since about 2010 and Roman Reigns who for all the hate he gets is really the only guy from this era that could go into the attitude era or ruthless aggression era and be taken as a legit star. But not only are there barely any stars in WWE anymore the storylines are just atrocious I was watching a clip of the Alexa Bliss/Bray Wyatt feud the other day and it was laughable and people in the comments were saying they were actually excited for that trash lmao. It's sad to think such a fun part of my childhood will never be as good as it was and WWE will likely never be able to recreate stars like the ones in the past. I only watch WWE these days if I'm re watching stuff from 97-11, generally. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

This is an awful take. You don't want to see new stars if you hold this opinion, wrestling will die for you regardless. 

It's my take I don't see me calling your takes awful? I've seen enough of him and I don't see anything about him at all that makes me excited for Monday Night Raws anymore, at least Roman Reigns makes smackdown interesting. I don't mind new stars like Bruan a couple years back who WWE had to go ahead and bury, also was a big fan of Tomasso but seems they never want to bring up to the main roster I was also the biggest Roman fan when everyone thought it was cool to boo him for no reason, but I mean what's the point of posting you're opinions on this forum if every time you do so they'll get called out as "awful takes" or lacking "realism" lmao.

Good to know which forum I'll be sticking to discuss WWE.