Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

He lost to Jericho, pac, then moxley on 3 consecutive pay per views. I dont see cena treatment. Omega definitely aint been oversaturated. If anything, i could see moxley having a cena treatment but neither of them would get beaten up and then finish their match after a 5 move come back 

So 3 single losses in 18+ months isn't Cena treatment? I'm not talking Super Cena. Like, it's at that point that I don't even have to pay attention to an Omega match to know he's going to win. That's when **** gets stagnant. Or Reigns if that fits better. 

It's a small quibble anyways. I just find it hypocritical from AEW stans to turn a blind eye to it happening for Mox and Omega but then **** all over the E for doing it with Reigns or Rollins or whoever at this point. Not talking about you, my friend. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So 3 single losses in 18+ months isn't Cena treatment? I'm not talking Super Cena. Like, it's at that point that I don't even have to pay attention to an Omega match to know he's going to win. That's when **** gets stagnant. Or Reigns if that fits better. 

It's a small quibble anyways. I just find it hypocritical from AEW stans to turn a blind eye to it happening for Mox and Omega but then **** all over the E for doing it with Reigns or Rollins or whoever at this point. Not talking about you, my friend. 

I just dont see the context being the same. It aint even often that wrestlers wrestle in consecutive weeks... Except orange cassidy

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I just dont see the context being the same. It aint even often that wrestlers wrestle in consecutive weeks... Except orange cassidy

I'm aware. But the top guys in the company are getting the same treatment as the top guys in the E that everybody bitched about. Just my feelings on it. LIS, it's more about turning a blind eye to it for AEW but then bitching when WWE does it. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It’s a lot different lol. He was a tag guy for like a year while they were building (and still are) the Omega Page feud. He just became a singles guy like a couple months ago and then they started building the Mox Omega thing. If anyone’s getting the “Cena treatment” it’s just Super Mox. Not tryna be an AEW defender, I don’t give a ****, like if TNA was popping I’d be watching that. I see a lot of E fans always point to “hypocrisy” and **** like that when talking about AEW but it’s usually bad arguments imo

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm aware. But the top guys in the company are getting the same treatment as the top guys in the E that everybody bitched about. Just my feelings on it. LIS, it's more about turning a blind eye to it for AEW but then bitching when WWE does it. 

I really don't think it's a fair analogy. I've seen it before, as well, in other places. Of course you should book your top guys strong. You shouldn't book them in repetitive feuds and matches. Yeah, I know the IWC is a real fickle bunch but I don't think the booking is similar in AEW as it is to WWE.

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

It’s a lot different lol. He was a tag guy for like a year while they were building (and still are) the Omega Page feud. He just became a singles guy like a couple months ago and then they started building the Mox Omega thing. If anyone’s getting the “Cena treatment” it’s just Super Mox. Not tryna be an AEW defender, I don’t give a ****, like if TNA was popping I’d be watching that. I see a lot of E fans always point to “hypocrisy” and **** like that when talking about AEW but it’s usually bad arguments imo

I'm basically talking about the top dudes. It's "a lot different" because it's something new/not the E. 

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I really don't think it's a fair analogy. I've seen it before, as well, in other places. Of course you should book your top guys strong. You shouldn't book them in repetitive feuds and matches. Yeah, I know the IWC is a real fickle bunch but I don't think the booking is similar in AEW as it is to WWE.

I mean, it's never black and white clear but I don't see anything different in what AEW is doing with Mox, Omega and, to some extent, Cody as what the E does with Reigns/Rollins and the like. Just because it's written different doesn't mean it's not different. LIS, it is what it is. I just enjoy good wrestling. Just think it's funny that something new comes along, books the guys that have been at the top of the game outside of the E strong, and then it's not the same as the E booking their top guys. The product is "better" because it's newer and everyone wants to give it a chance. 

LIS, it's a quibble. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean, it's never black and white clear but I don't see anything different in what AEW is doing with Mox, Omega and, to some extent, Cody as what the E does with Reigns/Rollins and the like. Just because it's written different doesn't mean it's not different. LIS, it is what it is. I just enjoy good wrestling. Just think it's funny that something new comes along, books the guys that have been at the top of the game outside of the E strong, and then it's not the same as the E booking their top guys. The product is "better" because it's newer and everyone wants to give it a chance. 

LIS, it's a quibble. 

i don't understand what you want in a wrestling product tho. they didn't book omega strong. they broke him down, had him lose every big match he was booked in until he took to tag wrestling and his redemption arc ended him employing help from a different company. the omega story arc has been building since the first double or nothing. i can't remember the last long term storyline in wwe. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'll do that when people can watch the E that way.

breh I don't watch wwe to dislike it. I want to enjoy it. Then I turn it on and I see things like Lana get put thru a table for 9 weeks in a row and then instead of getting her revenge, she cries on the stairs until everyone else gets counted out. That kinda **** ruins a show like matt hardy dying put a real damper on the rest of all out

• Like 1