Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

i don't understand what you want in a wrestling product tho. they didn't book omega strong. they broke him down, had him lose every big match he was booked in until he took to tag wrestling and his redemption arc ended him employing help from a different company. the omega story arc has been building since the first double or nothing. i can't remember the last long term storyline in wwe. 

But it still resulted in Omega at the top of the company. I wanted something new, not the same old dogs at the top. So far we've had Jericho, Mox and Omega with the AEW strap. I get that the company is newer and had to have big names at the top but give me some fresh stars. Put the strap on Kingston or MJF and build a new superstar. 

But, LIS, it's a quibble and not something I ever expect to happen.

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

breh I don't watch wwe to dislike it. I want to enjoy it. Then I turn it on and I see things like Lana get put thru a table for 9 weeks in a row and then instead of getting her revenge, she cries on the stairs until everyone else gets counted out. That kinda **** ruins a show like matt hardy dying put a real damper on the rest of all out

Again, I'm not talking about you, homie. I made that clear a while back.

Just now, beekay414 said:

But it still resulted in Omega at the top of the company. I wanted something new, not the same old dogs at the top. So far we've had Jericho, Mox and Omega with the AEW strap. I get that the company is newer and had to have big names at the top but give me some fresh stars. Put the strap on Kingston or MJF and build a new superstar. 

But, LIS, it's a quibble and not something I ever expect to happen.

I just don't think that's quality booking. Booking Mox as strong as they did for months resulted in one of the wildest moments in wrestling in a good minute. You can't get to where we are now by putting the belt on lesser known entities. 

But the biggest thing I have with what you're sayin is it ain't like Omega was a "star" in America. I think they've done a decent job in building him up to what may be a newer audience but the biggest thing here is it sounds like you're ignoring the quality of the booking in just saying you wanted them to do it with other people. Kingston or MJF aren't intriguing in bridging to impact

• Like 1

I just don't think that's quality booking. Booking Mox as strong as they did for months resulted in one of the wildest moments in wrestling in a good minute. You can't get to where we are now by putting the belt on lesser known entities. 

But the biggest thing I have with what you're sayin is it ain't like Omega was a "star" in America. I think they've done a decent job in building him up to what may be a newer audience but the biggest thing here is it sounds like you're ignoring the quality of the booking in just saying you wanted them to do it with other people. Kingston or MJF aren't intriguing in bridging to impact

I'm not talking about these specific bookings, man. I'm speaking in general terms. Every wrestling fan knows Omega. Omega isn't someone that needed a build up like that. I mean, if he came to the E instead of AEW, do you think there wouldn't have been an arena full of mark outs? He's not someone like Will Ospreay ffs.

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I know that, I'm just saying the WWE alienates people that do want to like it but I am positive there are dbags who do just want to **** on it 

I'm not saying that's not true but even when the E nails something, it's met with resistance. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm not talking about these specific bookings, man. I'm speaking in general terms. Every wrestling fan knows Omega. Omega isn't someone that needed a build up like that. I mean, if he came to the E instead of AEW, do you think there wouldn't have been an arena full of mark outs? He's not someone like Will Ospreay ffs.

If you listen to people like Cornette and @PARROTHEAD, he's a total unknown

But I do disagree, yeah, he is a draw but I do think they took the best approach to Omega in building him the way they did and now in turning him heel, especially given how many people were expecting the elite to push themselves to the moon and in some ways they have now lol, but at least they've done it in ways that made sense 

If you listen to people like Cornette and @PARROTHEAD, he's a total unknown

But I do disagree, yeah, he is a draw but I do think they took the best approach to Omega in building him the way they did and now in turning him heel, especially given how many people were expecting the elite to push themselves to the moon and in some ways they have now lol, but at least they've done it in ways that made sense 

How many Americans watched NJPW? Not enough to even make cables 150 list for the day. So yes. In a new American company. It would help for him to look dominate and carry the belt to establish him with an entire new fanbase and potential fans.

This run  for him with the belt right now. I say was needed. Cause 20 min matches with jokes like Janella was doing him no favors with the new audience.