Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Crash Holly could bench over 600lbs they said. Guess he should have been a multi world champion. lol

What? How does that make logical sense in your head? I was responding to a question of her being believable in the ring, not that she should be world champ. She is short, but she is built, and she should not be dismissed entirely on that sentiment. That is literally all I am saying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

What? How does that make logical sense in your head? I was responding to a question of her being believable in the ring, not that she should be world champ. She is short, but she is built. That is literally all I am saying. 

I was screwing with you. Thus the lol. Lighten up.

Though really. She shouldnt have a job there.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

lmao "i was screwing with you but actually i'm being serious"

guess john silver shouldn't have a job as a 5'3 dude 

Look at you. Catching on all quick and all.

Now if they had a Cruiser Division where it made sense for these little jokes to do their choreographed gymnastics routines. Yeah, Bring in a million of them. Be fine.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Look at you. Catching on all quick and all.

Now if they had a Cruiser Division where it made sense for these little jokes to do their choreographed gymnastics routines. Yeah, Bring in a million of them. Be fine.

have... you never seen john silver wrestle...

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

have... you never seen john silver wrestle...

Yes and its a disservice to him theres not a Cruiser Division for him to be showcased in. Without one hes just been a comedy act lately.

Watch. Next week he will inject some kind of comedy stunt in the ring.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yes and its a disservice to him theres not a Cruiser Division for him to be showcased in. Without one hes just been a comedy act lately.

Watch. Next week he will inject some kind of comedy stunt in the ring.

you mean the man who manhandled brian cage before? the man who doesn't wrestle like a cruiserweight at all? 

how are you so wrong all the time, does it get boring

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

you mean the man who manhandled brian cage before? the man who doesn't wrestle like a cruiserweight at all? 

how are you so wrong all the time, does it get boring

Wrestling could pull 15-20 million viewers 20 years ago. AEW gets less than a million. Why cant you catch on as to why an overwhelming majority gave up?

He tosses phony crap into his matches that take away any semblance of there being a fight going on. 

When WCW was on top. They had over a dozen guys at 6'5 or more. They had 30 at 6'2 or more. Even more at 6' or over total. And then they had a Cruiser Division.

So youre telling me this little 5'3 guy would fit in and be a built name in that roster without a Cruiser Division? I dont want to see that. All those that quit dont want to see that, Which is why they dont watch. They cant draw new viewers for nothing. Avg age is past 50, when it was 24 just 20 years ago. A fight should look like a fight, not some hokey choreographed dance more fitting to be on Dancing With The Stars. 

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Wrestling could pull 15-20 million viewers 20 years ago. AEW gets less than a million. Why cant you catch on as to why an overwhelming majority gave up?

He tosses phony crap into his matches that take away any semblance of there being a fight going on. 

When WCW was on top. They had over a dozen guys at 6'5 or more. They had 30 at 6'2 or more. Even more at 6' or over total. And then they had a Cruiser Division.

So youre telling me this little 5'3 guy would fit in and be a built name in that roster without a Cruiser Division? I dont want to see that. All those that quit dont want to see that, Which is why they dont watch. They cant draw new viewers for nothing. Avg age is past 50, when it was 24 just 20 years ago. A fight should look like a fight, not some hokey choreographed dance more fitting to be on Dancing With The Stars. 

lol you think wrestling isnt as popular because there arent as many 6'2" 250lb guys? 

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

lmao and what happened once those dozen+ guys over 6'5 became stale? who went on to carry wwe? was it people like chris jericho? benoit? guererro? rey misterio? daniel bryan? kurt angle? aj styles more recently? 

and why did wrestling die down with people like HHH, batista, cena, orton, etc at the helm? 

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

lol you think wrestling isnt as popular because there arent as many 6'2" 250lb guys? 

No. People have to be able to buy into the product. What makes more sense. 1. A 5'6 145lb guy having AEWs 2nd biggest title. or 2. A 5'6 145lb guy has a Cruiserweight Title.

Its a disservice to the wrestlers and the company by pushing such. Especially when the avg blue collar worker thats the target audience dwarfs such.

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No. People have to be able to buy into the product. What makes more sense. 1. A 5'6 145lb guy having AEWs 2nd biggest title. or 2. A 5'6 145lb guy has a Cruiserweight Title.

Its a disservice to the wrestlers and the company by pushing such. Especially when the avg blue collar worker thats the target audience dwarfs such.

so yes you do think that's why wrestling isn't as popular anymore

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

lmao and what happened once those dozen+ guys over 6'5 became stale? who went on to carry wwe? was it people like chris jericho? benoit? guererro? rey misterio? daniel bryan? kurt angle? aj styles more recently? 

and why did wrestling die down with people like HHH, batista, cena, orton, etc at the helm? 

They didnt become stale. Know your history. When WCW started pandering to the moveset crowd over those wanting to see a realistic fight. They went down hill. They were pushing Jericho, Benoit, Jeff Jarrett and the likes. Guys like Booker became the big guys. Half the cruiser roster came up to wrestle as heavyweight. Ratings fell.

To appeal to a wider audience. You need the cruisers to do their things, and heavies to do theirs. It brings the best of both worlds out. But for some reason, that style Cruiser fan, a tv prop like the Cruiser title would be, isnt as good as the tv prop WHC is. So we get guys like Darby Allen walking around with major titles.