Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Oh yeah, I'm not watching behind the scenes stuff anymore. I don't even have WWE Network anymore. 

it's like 1/2 behind the scenes/traveling vlog/games type **** & like 1/2 just guys doing some character work. A LOT of it is really cringy imo, but there's some funny **** tucked in there. the only act really boosted by it is Dark Order. adds a completely different layer to them. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

This Abadon character is dumb. Just a fat chick that can't really wrestle. The AEW women's roster is pretty terrible. This after Britt Baker fought a midget a few weeks ago.

IWC dorks loved her and now they're throwing her in the title picture. not a fan of the move, but yeah the whole womens division is just dog **** besides britt, so whatever. 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Then don't watch, my internet amigo. Wrestling has evolved. People don't want to see people locked in a box. They didn't want it with Daniel Bryan and they don't want it now. There's a reason PAC is listed at 206 lbs. 205 live is doing wonders for those guys, eh? 

I dont watch much. I record and the pick and chose.

But wrestling has not evolved. It got rid of the blue collar crowd and casuals. And panders to whats left to where those gone have no interest in returning.

You dont like going there. But look at some of the things Cornette says. And some of the thousands of comments. Most just want a fight to look like a fight. And when Matt Jackson flips over some guys, lands on his feet barely touching 1. Yet 3 fall down. And then tweets about what a great move he pulled (the one Orton called him out on). Thats not evolving. thats not even wrestling.

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

i dunno what i'm talking bout, but did jeff hardy not have the IC strap during the attitude era? 

6'1 225 lb Jeff Hardy? Yeah.

Theres a difference in guys like Bulldog, Bret Hart, HBK, Eddie. And guys like Kidman, Malenko, Fenix, OC and Darby.

Cruiserweights are Cruiserweights. You couldnt replace Bulldog here with a Cruiser. Same as Mike Tyson and Holyfield didnt fight guys like Mayweather or Oscar.

m9q3xT1.jpg

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

what can't you buy? She can probably lift more than any of the other women on that roster short of Nyla. 

Oh it's not her tbh. It's the girls working with her. The size issue causes the wrestling to look choppy. They should never have her throw strikes either. Just didn't look believable. I know she's got the physical tools and the background but it doesn't mean I have to buy it. It's on the other girls to sell it better cuz that match with Baker was terrible. 

8 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

The Hager/Wardlow "stop staring at me it's creepy" is "f"ing hilarious. I could watch those guys mean mugging each all day. 

I agree. When the Inner Circle breaks up, I hope them two go as a tag team. 

Sammy as a babyface is going to be incredible too btw. 

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Wrestling isnt as popular for a variety of reason

1. it went out in terms of public opinion. It happens. Disco, belbottoms, Westerns, etc. 

2. Kayfabe died. For many that was the end. 

3. The wrestling community has a stigma now. The notion is people should be embarrassed to like wrestling. Hard for kids in middle school and high school to enjoy something that everyone around them would make fun of them for. 

4. Wrestling became a monopoly and the product suffered greatly. 

I think the stigma has died down a little bit recently but throughout the 10's it was absolutely there. Everything else is spot on. I'd also point out that there are more combat options on TV now like UFC.

Wrestling has been declining not because of normal height guys, that is absolutely ridiculous. 

1. TV has changed a lot. .

2. For a decade plus, WWE has been the only act going, and it is embarrassing by all accounts.  There were some good moments of course, but it's extremely juvenile, it's slow, it has no emotion, the stories make no sense or are cringeworthy,  there's nobody cool to cheer for as they make everyone look like an *** eventually. 

Embarrassing is the correct term for it.  I'm not saying it to bash it, or bash people who watch it. It's the truth though. It's a terrible show to watch. For the past 10 years, wrestling has been WWE and it put a stink on the entire industry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Oh it's not her tbh. It's the girls working with her. The size issue causes the wrestling to look choppy. They should never have her throw strikes either. Just didn't look believable. I know she's got the physical tools and the background but it doesn't mean I have to buy it. It's on the other girls to sell it better cuz that match with Baker was terrible. 

well it is also true that baker is not a great in ring talent yet

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I really don't think a significant portion of the people who aren't watching anymore stopped because guys aren't all roided up anymore. 

Nobody has said that. But it is a factor.

Listen to the Cornette episode on the Hardy-Sammi match at the Hardy Compound. They got an email spoiler ahead of time from a person that worked on the staging crew giving all the action. They thought Sammi was someones 16yo kid hanging around the set and were surprised when it came time to film scenes that he was the other wrestler. Cause they didnt follow the show.

Casual fans cant buy into the product if people are seeing it that way.

14 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Nobody has said that. But it is a factor.

Listen to the Cornette episode on the Hardy-Sammi match at the Hardy Compound. They got an email spoiler ahead of time from a person that worked on the staging crew giving all the action. They thought Sammi was someones 16yo kid hanging around the set and were surprised when it came time to film scenes that he was the other wrestler. Cause they didnt follow the show.

Casual fans cant buy into the product if people are seeing it that way.

yeah, listen to cornette for valuable insight on the wrestling industry today 

you have given no other reason as to why the wrestling business has declined except people don't want cruiserweights