Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

12 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Nobody has said that. But it is a factor.

Listen to the Cornette episode on the Hardy-Sammi match at the Hardy Compound. They got an email spoiler ahead of time from a person that worked on the staging crew giving all the action. They thought Sammi was someones 16yo kid hanging around the set and were surprised when it came time to film scenes that he was the other wrestler. Cause they didnt follow the show.

Casual fans cant buy into the product if people are seeing it that way.

I’m sorry, I just don’t see it. They’re not turning the channel because they don’t see 7 footers or roided out freaks. 

Not with people like McGregor, Ronda Rousey and Floyd Mayweather being 3 of the biggest PPV draws. 

3 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

yeah, listen to cornette for valuable insight on the wrestling industry today 

you have given no other reason as to why the wrestling business has declined except people don't want cruiserweights 

Totally ignoring what I said. This was an email sent to him that he read on air. A woman thought Sammi was a child, not a wrestler.

And even more ignoring. Cruiserweights belong as Cruiserweights. How many 1000s of times can I say that.

You cant push 150lb guys as heavyweights. People cant buy into the product. A cruiser division is needed.

Like it is theyre only pandering to 1 type of fan. The types that think flippy floppy noselling highspot gymnastic routines count as wrestling. When if you built a Cruiser Division youd pander to those.. And then have a heavyweight class where actual grown men are having what can pass for a fight for myself and the 500k that listen to Cornette each week.

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m sorry, I just don’t see it. They’re not turning the channel because they don’t see 7 footers or roided out freaks. 

Not with people like McGregor, Ronda Rousey and Floyd Mayweather being 3 of the biggest PPV draws. 

What Heavyweights has Mayweather or McGregor fought? Why didnt McGregor sign to fight Brock? That would have been worth 20mil to each guy... Why didnt Mayweather fight Tyson, Lewis or Fury? But thanks for proving my point for me. Cruiser Class is needed for these guys so people can buy into the product.

If all there was, was one division in Boxing. Wed have no Oscar, no Sugar Ray Robinson or Leonard, no Marvelous Marvin, no Patterson or any of those guys.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

12 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Totally ignoring what I said. This was an email sent to him that he read on air. A woman thought Sammi was a child, not a wrestler.

And even more ignoring. Cruiserweights belong as Cruiserweights. How many 1000s of times can I say that.

You cant push 150lb guys as heavyweights. People cant buy into the product. A cruiser division is needed.

Like it is theyre only pandering to 1 type of fan. The types that think flippy floppy noselling highspot gymnastic routines count as wrestling. When if you built a Cruiser Division youd pander to those.. And then have a heavyweight class where actual grown men are having what can pass for a fight for myself and the 500k that listen to Cornette each week.

so he says it was an email he received. all the dude does is try to trash wrestling products. not impressed

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

so he says it was an email he received. all the dude does is try to trash wrestling products. not impressed

He got the email a week before the ppv aired.

And hes never trashing wrestling products. Just listen to him praise FTR.. Its the garbage he bashes.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

bro you're not making sense. bring something to the table that makes sense. moxley and kingston was the last headlining main event. no one is 150 pounds. 

No thats you not making any. Youre defending 145lb Darby Allen holding a major title. Over him holding a Cruiser Title. When hes a Cruiserweight.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No thats you not making any. Youre defending 145lb Darby Allen holding a major title. Over him holding a Cruiser Title. When hes a Cruiserweight.

i'm not making sense as you are continuously being increasingly hyperbolic. ok bud. good luck hating wrestling. 

8 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

i'm not making sense as you are continuously being increasingly hyperbolic. ok bud. good luck hating wrestling. 

I dont hate wrestling. I enjoy it. When I actually see some. But congrats so many shows are fitting your taste of choreographed Dancing With The Stars routines in Munchkin Land. Glad its working out for someone to enjoy.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I dont hate wrestling. I enjoy it. When I actually see some. But congrats so many shows are fitting your taste of choreographed Dancing With The Stars routines in Munchkin Land. Glad its working out for someone to enjoy.

yeah a lot of us really like it! feel free to join us whenever, a lot of room on this snowpiercer

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

yeah a lot of us really like it! feel free to join us whenever, a lot of room on this snowpiercer

And there it is.

See. If it were me. And the roster was packed with Harlem Heat, Nasty Boys, NWO, Taker, Kane, Rock. Id be, "Hey. Its a 2 hour show. Maybe a half hour/45 mins towards Cruisers is a good idea."

But. Dealing with whats left of the fan base to where it caters to them only and its the other way around, "SCREW YOU! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!"

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And there it is.

See. If it were me. And the roster was packed with Harlem Heat, Nasty Boys, NWO, Taker, Kane, Rock. Id be, "Hey. Its a 2 hour show. Maybe a half hour/45 mins towards Cruisers is a good idea."

But. Dealing with whats left of the fan base to where it caters to them only and its the other way around, "SCREW YOU! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!"

lmao coming from the guy who doesn't like the product because apparently the nasty boys aren't being pushed anymore. alright bud, join us whenever you'd like! 

Edited by Troy Brown