Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

That was pretty easily the worst Dynamite so far in my opinion. I have pretty much nothing positive to say about the show other than Sammy/Hager looking really good. If Hager is arguably the best thing on the show that pretty much sums it up. Botches galore and I think for the the first time I felt insulted for wasting my time on an AEW show. 

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

That was pretty easily the worst Dynamite so far in my opinion. I have pretty much nothing positive to say about the show other than Sammy/Hager looking really good. If Hager is arguably the best thing on the show that pretty much sums it up. Botches galore and I think for the the first time I felt insulted for wasting my time on an AEW show. 

I don’t feel like I wasted my time or that it was the worst dynamite ever (the go home show before all out last year was terrible I felt like I wasted my money going to Jacksonville for it)

but the show wasn’t good at all in right other than the main event which I did like but thought could have been a lot better,

cody v Peter was meh, with a terrible shaq jade Cody storyline

i did like moxley v that hairy jobber I thought that was very good for the short time,

Both tag matches were ok just had a lot of botches which felt out of place considering the talent in those matches.

just a dull aew episode which we were do for since we have had fantastic ones for the past 2 months 

Terrible show last night. The only thing they did right was not having Page join the DO. 

Cody vs Avalon for like 10 minutes I didn’t need to see. 

Nor do I need to see Matt Hardy and Sydal in a match together . 

Penelope vs the jobber. 

Too much comedy. If Miro wants to be a main event guy he needs to pick and choose his spots for it. And telling Chuck to call him his new best friend ain’t doing it . He should treat Chuck like a young boy in Japan and beat the hell out of him. 

Just terrible booking of the Inner Circle last night. 

It was cool with the fans and Judas before but now it’s just contrived. And I hate seeing JeriCovid’s face while he basks it in. 

This was such an easy thing to book. Have Santana and Ortiz win , re-establishing them as one of the best tag teams in the world ( they are ) and continue the inner feud with Sammy, MJF, Jericho and Hager.

Not their best work, but I’m real excited for next week 

22 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Penelope vs the jobber. 

leyla better in the ring than any woman on the roster tbh lol 

It was cool with the fans and Judas before but now it’s just contrived.

yeah that **** needs to die... until crowds return. 

This was such an easy thing to book. Have Santana and Ortiz win , re-establishing them as one of the best tag teams in the world ( they are ) and continue the inner feud with Sammy, MJF, Jericho and Hager.

i've been hoping they were gonna break away from IC and reform a version of LAX with Kingston, Diamante, Ivelisse and maybe bring aboard some of the OGs or get a new member. hope they're just continuing to slow build that

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

i just don't think you can slowbuild this impact stuff. aew roster gotta be mad at kenny for this to make sense imo

i was getting pretty peeved at it with NOTHING happening, but now we got Hardy/PP going over and GB having actual matches on aew coming up... if they do it slow but continually have increasingly more appearances i think that'd be fun

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

leyla better in the ring than any woman on the roster tbh lol 

yeah that **** needs to die... until crowds return. 

i've been hoping they were gonna break away from IC and reform a version of LAX with Kingston, Diamante, Ivelisse and maybe bring aboard some of the OGs or get a new member. hope they're just continuing to slow build that

i was getting pretty peeved at it with NOTHING happening, but now we got Hardy/PP going over and GB having actual matches on aew coming up... if they do it slow but continually have increasingly more appearances i think that'd be fun

That is a great idea. A new LAX with Kingston would be INCREDIBLE. As long as there's no Konnan. 

On 1/21/2021 at 3:51 AM, djw4bucs said:

i did like moxley v that hairy jobber I thought that was very good for the short time,

That was my favorite match of the night. Not that any competition was there for it.

Comoroto (apparently his name) needs to be AEWs Barbarian/Atlas type powerhouse wrestler. Or. With his look and being from New Jersey. See if he cant fill a role comparable to Bruiser Brody.

On 1/20/2021 at 11:02 PM, wgbeethree said:

I'm with you.  I don't think it was the worst Dynamite so far, but it had some of the lowest lows that a Dynamite has had, imo.

I can't be the only one that noticed that the finish for the main event was damn near botched (still think it wasn't what they were intending from the outset) because no one could keep track of the time worth a damn, and they had no overflow.  They got the go-home call and then proceeded to go into a "everybody's got to get their stuff in for the finish" rather than just plain going home because they had < 1 minute before TNT was cutting the feed.  Jericho needs to either lose weight (I've had people try to convince me that him getting outright rotund is part of his character - i.e. "Fat Sammy Hagar" - which is beyond grasping at straws) or just stop working in the ring, because he's now reached the point where he's going to injure himself long-term with some of these botches (that Lionsault where he couldn't get himself fully over in the flip and landed on his damn head is just one example).

Mikey-Whipwreck-Who-Can't-Wrestle (aka Dr. Luther) is a drain on the promotion.  When you hire a veteran journeyman his age (and as out of shape as he is) as enhancement talent, it's because he can help get your younger talent over.  Luther doesn't do that.

And the only guy on the opposition team that Sting should feel comfortable working safely with at his age in his physical condition is Starks.  Hobbs is too green - and it shows.  And Cage is too insistent on getting his own stuff in, sometimes at the expense of his opponents, that I could easily see a situation where he, unintentionally, injures Sting.  The Street Fight is a clear attempt to cover up where and how Sting can't work a regular match anymore, but - with all due respect - Terry Funk was tougher than Sting ever was, and Funk worked well past when he should have - even after his knees started degrading.

I will say one thing AEW has managed to accomplish that I never thought would ever be a thing... they have me agreeing full-bore with Disco freakin' Inferno.

I know this won't be a popular opinion but I love AEW Dark. It's consistently just a dozen of pretty good matches where I don't have to follow too closely to any storyline or flow. It's just perfectly decent mindless stand alone WRESTLING matches where I'm not invested every week and I like it.