Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Full episode of solid story work. AEW managed to pull off decent segments from that disaster of a finish to the ppv. Didnt think they could. But enjoyed it. The ending segment was amazing.

Now for the bad. (Look away Troy, I know your tired of hearing it) The bad happens to be every single match they had. 1 match I thought had potential. Midcard Cody vs Gargis. Gargis about 6'2-6'3, late 20s. Something they badly need. And an injured Cody squashed him while petite nothing manlets take 15 mins of abuse a pop. Ethan vs Elf from the Bad Santa movies didnt need 12 mins. New guy like EP they should try to get over looking dominate. While Gargis should have had at least 7 mins against Cody to show people what hes got. Horrible show for anyone that expects a match to carry the appearance that a fight is happening. But if into synchronized floor gymnastics or choreographed dance routines. Its right up your alley.

If the segments wernt so dang good Id be done. But I gots to know how them stories pan out.

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

When he flopped down in the middle of the ring and yelled ‘ 69 me Don! 69 me!’ on National TV, that’s it for me. That s*** is why it’s embarrassing telling people you like professional wrestling . That’s why it’s a laughing stock . That ignorant, juvenile behavior is why people look down on wrestling. It’s not bad comedy, it’s cringeworthy and embarrassing behavior . 

F*** you Kenny Olivier . 

at the height of wrestling's popularity, shawn michaels was frequently naked or making sexual innuendos constantly. triple h married his wife by drugging her and getting married in a drive thru. 

i'm still turned off by the botched explosion but this segment and the kingston/mox promo were about as close as they could get to making up for it, imo. 

22 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

at the height of wrestling's popularity, shawn michaels was frequently naked or making sexual innuendos constantly. triple h married his wife by drugging her and getting married in a drive thru. 

i'm still turned off by the botched explosion but this segment and the kingston/mox promo were about as close as they could get to making up for it, imo. 

The HHH thing  compared to this is apples and oranges . 

And there’s a big difference between HBK innuendos and two grown men pretending to 69 each other in the ring.  

6 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I thought the Kingston/Mox promo was a corny excuse at first. Part about blacking out and all. But after Kenny put his mocking twist to things such as blacking out due to a flashback of getting detention. The whole thing meshed together perfect and is helping rescue them from that ppv disaster.

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

When he flopped down in the middle of the ring and yelled ‘ 69 me Don! 69 me!’ on National TV, that’s it for me. That s*** is why it’s embarrassing telling people you like professional wrestling . That’s why it’s a laughing stock . That ignorant, juvenile behavior is why people look down on wrestling. It’s not bad comedy, it’s cringeworthy and embarrassing behavior .

Disagree. The DX type attitude was a driving force in drawing youth back in the day. Wrestling ratings are packed to the brim with 50+yos. They need youth. They need things like that which can hit social media like wildfire and have youth tune in.

40 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Disagree. The DX type attitude was a driving force in drawing youth back in the day. Wrestling ratings are packed to the brim with 50+yos. They need youth. They need things like that which can hit social media like wildfire and have youth tune in.

Saying 69 me to an old man will not draw the young crowd. 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I thought the Kingston/Mox promo was a corny excuse at first. Part about blacking out and all. But after Kenny put his mocking twist to things such as blacking out due to a flashback of getting detention. The whole thing meshed together perfect and is helping rescue them from that ppv disaster.

thing is for me, the subject matter could be weak and kingston still delivers it perfectly. the dude really is a gem 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Saying 69 me to an old man will not draw the young crowd. 

i don't think you know the young crowd if you don't think the young crowd wouldn't have preferred that promo to 99% of every other promo delivered in the past year in professional wrestling. was one of the most entertaining promos in a while. felt like throwback 90s ****. i watch aew every week with a house full of college aged guys and that was one of the consensus most enjoyable promos in the past few months for all of us so far. even beyond not thinking that's a funny line to say in mocking kingston's coverup, you're getting upset about a "juvenile" line said by someone who's playing a disgusting/slimy heel kinda role in kenny lol 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i don't think you know the young crowd if you don't think the young crowd wouldn't have preferred that promo to 99% of every other promo delivered in the past year in professional wrestling. was one of the most entertaining promos in a while. felt like throwback 90s ****. i watch aew every week with a house full of college aged guys and that was one of the consensus most enjoyable promos in the past few months for all of us so far. even beyond not thinking that's a funny line to say in mocking kingston's coverup, you're getting upset about a "juvenile" line said by someone who's playing a disgusting/slimy heel kinda role in kenny lol 

Yep , juvenile is the word. And it’s not just the line but they actually got on top of each other. 

That’s not going to get new viewers. Or old viewers who stopped watching because of WWE’s crap.  

If you find that stunt appeals to a main stream audience , you’re fooling yourself. You’re either a AEW mark or someone who is laughing at the product 

12 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Yep , juvenile is the word. And it’s not just the line but they actually got on top of each other. 

That’s not going to get new viewers. Or old viewers who stopped watching because of WWE’s crap.  

If you find that stunt appeals to a main stream audience , you’re fooling yourself. You’re either a AEW mark or someone who is laughing at the product 

i too am upset they simulated homosexual behavior on television. we should write emails because this crap is awful. anyway i can't wait to go to disney this weekend because i have year round passes and go every weekend and i just love it, i wear my mickey mouse ears and then go home and tuck myself in and watch young sheldon 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i too am upset they simulated homosexual behavior on television. we should write emails because this crap is awful. anyway i can't wait to go to disney this weekend because i have year round passes and go every weekend and i just love it, i wear my mickey mouse ears and then go home and tuck myself in and watch young sheldon 

I don’t know what you’re trying to imply here?

You think that’s edgy ? I think it’s juvenile, low class comedy that only the dumbest people enjoy.

If you think that’s how homosexuals act then you’re extremely ignorant. 

It’s not how anybody but complete F’N morons act 

31 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t know what you’re trying to imply here?

You think that’s edgy ? I think it’s juvenile, low class comedy that only the dumbest people enjoy.

If you think that’s how homosexuals act then you’re extremely ignorant. 

It’s not how anybody but complete F’N morons act 

You mean to tell me homosexuals don’t beg other homosexuals to 69 them when they’re panicking? You must not be very educated on homosexuals because that’s very typical homosexual behavior from my studies

16 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

You mean to tell me homosexuals don’t beg other homosexuals to 69 them when they’re panicking? You must not be very educated on homosexuals because that’s very typical homosexual behavior from my studies

You did think a guy rubbing his nuts in another’s face for a joke was funny. Who knows what you think . 

9 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You did think a guy rubbing his nuts in another’s face for a joke was funny. Who knows what you think . 

idk man i respect your wrestling opinion but i will tell you i'm 31 and my friends will only laugh at crude jokes and the like 

39 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

idk man i respect your wrestling opinion but i will tell you i'm 31 and my friends will only laugh at crude jokes and the like 

I’m 29 and I love crude jokes. Love them.

That wasn’t crude. 

Imagine you’re hanging with your friends, and you’re just BSing , doggin on each other . And then for some odd reason your friends did exactly what they did and got on each other in a 69 position . I bet the first thing on your mind would be ‘dafuq you two doing...’ and then they would probably be made fun of for the rest of the night. 

it’s like the South Park episode where Cartman takes the picture of Butters’ d*** in his mouth to laugh at Butters until the guys say something to him. 

People, especially casuals/non wrestling fans are laughing at that and the product