Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

8 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m 29 and I love crude jokes. Love them.

That wasn’t crude. 

Imagine you’re hanging with your friends, and you’re just BSing , doggin on each other . And then for some odd reason your friends did exactly what they did and got on each other in a 69 position . I bet the first thing on your mind would be ‘dafuq you two doing...’ and then they would probably be made fun of for the rest of the night. 

it’s like the South Park episode where Cartman takes the picture of Butters’ d*** in his mouth to laugh at Butters until the guys say something to him. 

People, especially casuals/non wrestling fans are laughing at that and the product 

honestly and i mean this honestly, it would be very on brand for my friends to do that 

• Like 1

Omega regarding the explosion botch (which I guess we can successfully call a botch now)

“Yeah, it was really deflating to do so much preparation, test the explosions, have them be impressive in the rehearsal, and then have it be something so much different than what was promised,” said Omega. “It made me appreciate everyone who worked hard and did their part even more, though. But like you said, we really wanted to have a good one, and we added real barbed wire to help with the feeling of danger so we really risked a lot. Again, I loved the match, glad we did it, sucks about the finale.”

On 3/12/2021 at 11:36 AM, Troy Brown said:

Omega regarding the explosion botch (which I guess we can successfully call a botch now)

“Yeah, it was really deflating to do so much preparation, test the explosions, have them be impressive in the rehearsal, and then have it be something so much different than what was promised,” said Omega. “It made me appreciate everyone who worked hard and did their part even more, though. But like you said, we really wanted to have a good one, and we added real barbed wire to help with the feeling of danger so we really risked a lot. Again, I loved the match, glad we did it, sucks about the finale.”

They used two-pronged barbed wire, which I'm not saying is harmless, but it's not the stuff (for obvious good reason, because no one should have been using that and Funk, of all people, should have known better even if Heyman had bought it) that damn near killed Sabu via a ripped brachial artery in the ECW match between him and Terry Funk.

Yes, it may be early and it's something that needs to be learned (but it does need to be learned), but Kenny needs to learn that if he's going to be an executive and a wrestler, he needs to be able to admit fault when it's due and just take his damn lumps.  Dude needs to learn some humility... or else stopping being in business with largely your friends because the only way a lot of execs/bookers who were also talent got away with lack of humility or ability to own their mistakes for generations was that they hung other guys out to be the scapegoats.  You can't just keep dodging accountability without losing credibility.

In my early 30’s, first started watching wrestling in ‘98 and was a massive fan from ‘98-‘02. This was the Attitude Era and probably the best era ever. Got bored and didn’t watch from ‘03 to ‘05. Watched again from ‘06 to ‘10 during the Edge, Cena, Batista, Orton era of wrestling. 

Haven’t watched in about 11 years now, except for a show on TV once in a blue moon. However, been feeling pretty nostalgic during the pandemic and getting a little back into it. I don’t think I’ll ever be a big fan again but nice to relive some nostalgia. 

Looks like Edge came back which is awesome, was always a favorite of mine. Although he’s much better suited as a heel, but seems his buffer and more badass face persona is working a lot better than his previous face go-arounds. 

Roman Reigns I’ve seen here and there and thought he was the worst person in the world to be a face and just was not able to play one. However, they finally turned him heel it seems and he’s the best heel I’ve seen in quite some time. I wouldn’t be shocked if he went over Edge at ‘Mania (although he probably won’t). 

I see Lashley is the WWE Champion. Never was a fan and still isn’t. I suppose he’s much more over with the stable, and he deserves at least one title run. 

This McIntyre guy is a decently good face. Not exactly a lot of charisma, but tough, strong, irish, and a good look for a Main Eventer. I can see why they chose him. His finisher is awesome as well. 

Also, looks like the Women’s Division blew up big time. Good for them. Seems like it may even be more entertaining than the male division. Lots of good wrestlers and the characters are really good. Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky Lynch, Asuka, Belair, and a couple of these high up NXT girls like the champ, all great characters. Rather impressed. I would not be shocked at all if Banks vs Belair is the Main Event of the entire show (WrestleMania). They certainly are deserving of it. It’ll be either them or Edge vs Reigns. 

Definitely seems like wrestling is much better off than it was around 5 years ago, was pretty terrible around that time. 

I’ll be watching Mania this year. First one since 30. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 3/18/2021 at 12:14 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Miro attempts feud with Cornette.

Cornette OBLITERATES Miro in 50+ min rant.

Miro cuts promo tonight doing everything Cornette says he should be doing.

Good stuff.

I was hoping for a more fired up Corny, but that was still funny. I thought Brian Last's comments about calling others like Jericho, Callis and friends of Joey Ryan out. 

At the end of the day I believe Corny's main point is correct about there being too much silly s*** in wrestling.

And here comes the problem with AEW signing high priced guys that won't move the needle. Guy like Andrade is out there, but AEW's roster is so bloated. They can't continue to add more and more people to the roster. They're going to need to start trimming the fat soon which shouldnt be difficult