Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm not a PP fan anyway by any means and i do think their matches suck but i think this run with matt hardy is allowing them to be a little more charismatic and that's been enjoyable for me. they're natural heels

I actually like PP. And think there is a ton of potential there. Enough potential that they shouldnt be having the same matches as so many other teams. Working with Matt, I was hoping to see some Hardy influence seep into their matches. They have enough potential and talent to separate themselves from the pack. And I wish they would. They could be the next 2Cold/Bagwell easy if they pushed to be so.

Damn. Sydal/Omega was great. First time I've ever enjoyed a Sydal match. 

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hour into the show. Go ahead and say this is the best heel work on a show since it began. Britt, Omega, Pinnacle, Archer all nailing it. No silly, goofy crap. Actual heels.

Agreed, I was thinking about this during Omega's entrance, he's a great heel in that I look forward to seeing him and enjoy his wrestling but I always want to see him get his *** beat

6 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Damn. Sydal/Omega was great. First time I've ever enjoyed a Sydal match. 

Agreed, I was thinking about this during Omega's entrance, he's a great heel in that I look forward to seeing him and enjoy his wrestling but I always want to see him get his *** beat

Great front half of match and great finish. But the part when Sydal took a ton of punishment, then the Dragonscrew. Nosold all of it to reverse the Vtrigger and go instantly on offense like hes fresh as a daisy did bother me.

So many things they could have done. Like Sydal pull the ropes and Kenny gets caught in them or takes a hard spill to the floor. Then Sydal could be shown recouping, announcers could build up the moment as hes getting his wind back and takes over on offense due to Omegas error costing him. AEW just doesnt like to take their foot off the gas during matches to add these needed pieces to the storytelling/believability  in.

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Great front half of match and great finish. But the part when Sydal took a ton of punishment, then the Dragonscrew. Nosold all of it to reverse the Vtrigger and go instantly on offense like hes fresh as a daisy did bother me.

So many things they could have done. Like Sydal pull the ropes and Kenny gets caught in them or takes a hard spill to the floor. Then Sydal could be shown recouping, announcers could build up the moment as hes getting his wind back and takes over on offense due to Omegas error costing him. AEW just doesnt like to take their foot off the gas during matches to add these needed pieces to the storytelling/believability  in.

It isn't an AEW issue, it's pro wrestling in 2021 

Just re-watched Omega Okada 1. Absolutely incredible stuff. When I saw Kenny at ROH in Buffalo I told him that moonsault over the guard rail was the craziest things I’ve ever seen. 

When these two go at it again, I hope they’re at their best . Both of their match quality has decreased significantly 

54 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Got QTs group, Pinnacle, Inner Circle, Jurassic Express, Bullet Club Remake, Dark Order, Team Taz, Codys Group, Death Triangle, OC & Best Friends, Hardys Group.

Adam Page seems like the only one without a faction.

I like it. It's one of the things that drew me to NJPW.

8 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

AEW is firing on all cylinders right now. Another great show. 

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Another week of killer segments. And they kept the silliness/nonsense at bay again.

You guys really thought so ? Eh... I just didn’t get it . 

I think Cody’s students turning on him is a great storyline . Very creative, and I like all of the students who did it . The problem is, nobody cares about QT . If he’s going to be Cody’s main foil  it falls flat for me. That spot shoulda been Dustin or Billy Gunn, who looks great and people know.  

What’s this Matt Jackson is dead inside thing coming from ?? Just real random. And then he lets Callis slap him ? Odd. He super kicked him like a month or so ago. 

The ME was hokey. Just as bad as if it were on WWE. Miro looked strong at least. 

They really need to do focus groups if they don’t already, which I doubt. See what people want to see and what turns them off. There’s a lot of former wrestling fans out there to grab, and I think matches like this is a part of why they turned away from the business 

So Bea Priestley said she's done in Stardom and said goodbye to Japan. So she's either going to AEW or NXT. Maybe NXT UK, but i heard, that she turned down multiple offers for NXT UK before.

Edited by Edge