Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Edge said:

So Bea Priestley said she's done in Stardom and said goodbye to Japan. So she's either going to AEW or NXT. Maybe NXT UK, but i heard, that she turned down multiple offers for NXT UK before.

for sure NXT. she got fired from AEW. would love for her back on aew tho and bring jamie hayter with her 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

for sure NXT. she got fired from AEW. would love for her back on aew tho and bring jamie hayter with her 

She didn't get fired. Her contract expired and wasn't renewed due to the pandemic, as she was contracted to Stardom.

Edit:

It looks like her departure at least part time has to do with something personal related.

Edited by Edge

2 hours ago, Edge said:

She didn't get fired. Her contract expired and wasn't renewed due to the pandemic, as she was contracted to Stardom.

Edit:

It looks like her departure at least part time has to do with something personal related.

I thought it was related to the bullying reports? That’s at least when it was announced when that **** was going on with ospreay and her or whatever 

I think that was just Jimmy Havoc. Sadie Gibbs and Bea Priestley were let go at least officially due to the travel issues, which Jericho comfirmed. Ofc others were impacted as well, like Riho who was just like Bea in Japan at that time, but i guess the contract situation with her was probably different to Bea. We'll see. Whether AEW or NXT, i think she can succeed in both.

I had a little comeback watchin wrestling from like 14-17, and I still follow the news on it to this day just to see what is going on.

Something I still don't get? Why is Roman Reigns considered the future? There are much BETTER wrestlers on that roster. I don't get anointing him. 

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I had a little comeback watchin wrestling from like 14-17, and I still follow the news on it to this day just to see what is going on.

Something I still don't get? Why is Roman Reigns considered the future? There are much BETTER wrestlers on that roster. I don't get anointing him. 

Who else is there? I say they could throw a dart at a roster list. And whoever it lands on would produce the same basic results. Same writers + Vince cranking out scripts for all of them.

It's a massive bummer that I only realized today Wrestlemania is this weekend. Looked at the cards and only care about 2 matches despite this being on two nights. Undecided on if I'll watch at all.

47 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Who else is there? I say they could throw a dart at a roster list. And whoever it lands on would produce the same basic results. Same writers + Vince cranking out scripts for all of them.

I enjoyed anything Seth Rollins, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Styles, Kofi, Orton put out over Reigns. 

Let the fans help decide, like they did with Bryan, rather than forcing Reigns down everyone's throats. 

Again, haven't really watched in the last couple years, but it doesn't sound like Reigns is over at all. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I enjoyed anything Seth Rollins, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Styles, Kofi, Orton put out over Reigns. 

Let the fans help decide, like they did with Bryan, rather than forcing Reigns down everyone's throats. 

Again, haven't really watched in the last couple years, but it doesn't sound like Reigns is over at all. 

All those guys except Dolph have been massively pushed. They dont do any better than Roman.

Every time the belt was slapped on Seth ratings hit record lows. Same with all the rest of those names at some point. Kofi was a deserving story, but held on too long and made a mockery of the industry while holding it so ratings sank.

With Seth and Heath. Same build, same ability. Heath had the rep of being a jobber attached, but he had chops. While Seth sounds as monotone as a 1970s AM Radio Station. WWE makes cost saving cuts. Get rid of Heath making 200k, and keeping Seth making 4.5 million. Either could be at the top and ratings would sink exactly the same. Id of let Seth go not draw somewhere else and pushed my budget deal like Ric Flair. lol

Great show last night except for the main event.

Loved Jericho's promo and the vibe the IC give as faces.

Conti vs Bunny was good. Conti is going to be a star.

I really liked Drake vs Darby. JD Drake is a great enhancement talent.

Sting did his best stuff while in AEW with Archer. I hope this propels Lance, as he's super talented. 

Jungle Express vs Bear Country was good. I'm waiting for Jungle Boy to make the leap still. Ton of in-ring potential.

Thankfully I don't watch AEW because of The Young Bucks, but they looked like children with the way they acted.  Very disappointing. 

Real excited for next week

Dax vs Jericho

Jade vs Velvet

from what I can remember. 

20 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Reigns is one of the most over dudes on the roster as far as I can tell, the heel turn has redefined him 

But I've only seen a few matches since he turned and there's been no crowd so I can't say for sure, but those veneers are definitely heelish

13 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Great show last night except for the main event.

Loved Jericho's promo and the vibe the IC give as faces.

Conti vs Bunny was good. Conti is going to be a star.

I really liked Drake vs Darby. JD Drake is a great enhancement talent.

Sting did his best stuff while in AEW with Archer. I hope this propels Lance, as he's super talented. 

Jungle Express vs Bear Country was good. I'm waiting for Jungle Boy to make the leap still. Ton of in-ring potential.

Thankfully I don't watch AEW because of The Young Bucks, but they looked like children with the way they acted.  Very disappointing. 

Real excited for next week

Dax vs Jericho

Jade vs Velvet

from what I can remember. 

yeah the main event was convoluted and did not come off how they wanted it to. don't really understand it but whatever. AEW has so much going on that a weird main event doesn't really turn me off to the show.

I love the Acclaimed even if Caster ain't great in the ring. Page gotta be one of the best in ring dudes going right now on any continent, tho. 

Didn't like Jericho's promo at all, but still love this program. I think this would be the time to start layering the inner circle and letting the others show a little personality, I think Ortiz is probably capable of putting in some promo work during these segments

Drake vs Darby was essentially the same style match as Silver/Darby and that's a little annoying but they deserve time to build the narrative of Darby getting his *** beat and it's getting eyes on guys like Silver to work a different style and new eyes on Drake at all, so those are good things. They are good matches. 

I didn't like Bear Country/Jurassic Express, I think Luchasaurus sucks and Bear Country ain't the most polished either. 

My favorite part of the show was Best Friends interrupting death triangle. Pixies theme is awesome. I also really liked the QT promo, he was clearly helped by the pre-taped nature of the promo cause it was real good. Ogogo also looks like money and sounds like money, this has gotta be a vessel for Ogogo to take off

It was a step down compared to the past couple weeks but the character work is still strong. 

Edited by Troy Brown

On 4/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, Jeezla said:

Bella Twins in WWE HOF is disgusting. Brie Bella, imo, is the worst wrestler I've seen in the last 30 years, and nobody cared about Nikki until she got implants/started doing a booty twirl at the top of the ramp.

I mean, the WWE HOF has been a total joke for years now.