Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

"friends with guys who caused the boom" still is entirely ignoring their hand in the Bullet Club which was undoubtedly the reason for the spike in NJPW business.

Go back and read how The Bucks feel about NJPW. They basically said Njpw didn’t want them. They only wanted Kenny. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Go back and read how The Bucks feel about NJPW. They basically said Njpw didn’t want them. They only wanted Kenny. 

I'm not really sure if that is relevant. Njpw can not want someone all they want, but the bucks were critical bullet club members and I really don't think it's debatable that bullet club was the reason for new Japan's jump in popularity. 

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm not really sure if that is relevant. Njpw can not want someone all they want, but the bucks were critical bullet club members and I really don't think it's debatable that bullet club was the reason for new Japan's jump in popularity. 

How isn’t it relevant? You said it, there was a increase in popularity in the US. They wanted to expand more into the US. That’s major business! 

They pulled out all the stops for Kenny ( despite what the prick says ) 

They didn’t care if The Bucks came back . 

Who do you think THEY thought caused the increase?! Olivier! 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

How isn’t it relevant? You said it, there was a increase in popularity in the US. They wanted to expand more into the US. That’s major business! 

They pulled out all the stops for Kenny ( despite what the prick says ) 

They didn’t care if The Bucks came back . 

Who do you think THEY thought caused the increase?! Olivier! 

I really think youre missing the point here. You said young bucks weren't a reason for a boom in New japan popularity. Just because new japan didn't feel the bucks were as important as omega (which is obviously true and it's not like they put a ton of emphasis on tag division either), it still doesn't change the fact that the young bucks had a direct hand in the most popular new japan has likely ever been. You aren't debating the same thing as me and again, I don't think what I'm saying is debatable. Like them or not, their branding skills are the most impressive thing about them and bullet club was branded well.

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I really think youre missing the point here. You said young bucks weren't a reason for a boom in New japan popularity. Just because new japan didn't feel the bucks were as important as omega (which is obviously true and it's not like they put a ton of emphasis on tag division either), it still doesn't change the fact that the young bucks had a direct hand in the most popular new japan has likely ever been. You aren't debating the same thing as me and again, I don't think what I'm saying is debatable. Like them or not, their branding skills are the most impressive thing about them and bullet club was branded well.

I mean, ya they were apart of it. Just not the part that mattered business wise. There’s a lot of people apart of great things that weren’t a significant part in it. 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I mean, ya they were apart of it. Just not the part that mattered business wise. There’s a lot of people apart of great things that weren’t a significant part in it.

I would say they were directly apart of what mattered in the business sense lol. Fortunately for the Bucks, they were significant parts in all of the major bullet club turns and responsible for bringing bullet club to America so I think theyll sleep easy with however insignificant you claim them to be to the bullet club 

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I would say they were directly apart of what mattered in the business sense lol. Fortunately for the Bucks, they were significant parts in all of the major bullet club turns and responsible for bringing bullet club to America so I think theyll sleep easy with however insignificant you claim them to be to the bullet club 

Idk, they’re awfully sensitive . They may leave Twitter again ! 

they were great businessmen . They marketed themselves great until they became Nick and Matt Massey instead of Matt and Nick Jackson. 

Kenny Omega won the Impact World Championship from Rich Swann. So he's AEW World Champion, AAA Mega Champion and Impact World Champion. Now we need a match for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship or the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, although i doubt he would win the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.

Finally checked out an Elevation (in that it just came out during my youtube queue) and obviously the matches aren't anything to care about, but wow, the video packages and promos are really great. Never cared about Leyla Hirsch (and still don't) but a good way to get people to start would be with a video package like the one she just had on Elevation. 5 and Reynolds cutting a promo on Page/Sky was cool, too. I am a Reynolds mark, though. 

It is also pretty surprising about Big Show being as comfortable as he is as a commentator. He's good! 

On 4/27/2021 at 4:27 PM, Troy Brown said:

Finally checked out an Elevation (in that it just came out during my youtube queue) and obviously the matches aren't anything to care about, but wow, the video packages and promos are really great. Never cared about Leyla Hirsch (and still don't) but a good way to get people to start would be with a video package like the one she just had on Elevation. 5 and Reynolds cutting a promo on Page/Sky was cool, too. I am a Reynolds mark, though. 

It is also pretty surprising about Big Show being as comfortable as he is as a commentator. He's good! 

Big Show is incredible, how the WWE never put him on commentary is beyond me . I’d like to hear him with matches that matter.  

I seen some clips of the new announcer wwe has. Is he that bad live?

Dumb Pentagon and Cassidy match. Stupid. Once Orange put his pockets to get out of the arm bar , I was disappointed. And then the no selling of a Canadian destroyer , I was done. Too much BS.