Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

That was one joke of a show this week.

Penta vs OC. My goodness. Stupid nonsense at the start had me fast forwarding through the entire match.

Same with the Young Bucks. Just when I thought they couldnt look any stupider or be bigger jokes to the business. Boom.. Proving me wrong.

The Pinnacle vs IC thing is pushed far to fast. Need to dial it back and stretch this out a bit.

Darby main event yet again. Lost over 100k viewers from 2 weeks ago to last week. Why not set up and push a new one for this week? Trying to force feed this 145lb 12yo sized person as a title holding, main even player. I just shut it right off soon as they said it was next.

18 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

That was one joke of a show this week.

Penta vs OC. My goodness. Stupid nonsense at the start had me fast forwarding through the entire match.

Same with the Young Bucks. Just when I thought they couldnt look any stupider or be bigger jokes to the business. Boom.. Proving me wrong.

The Pinnacle vs IC thing is pushed far to fast. Need to dial it back and stretch this out a bit.

Darby main event yet again. Lost over 100k viewers from 2 weeks ago to last week. Why not set up and push a new one for this week? Trying to force feed this 145lb 12yo sized person as a title holding, main even player. I just shut it right off soon as they said it was next.

This is not good for them. 

I loved Penta/OC. Ya'll had me thinking I was gonna hate it. Thought it was great. Sure, there are some OC spots I think are stupid and there are spots in every Fenix/Penta match I wish they'd drop but again, that's wrestling in 2021. 

It ain't the first time we've seen AEW ratings take a dive during a large political event. Ya'll so hyperbolic lol. I'm sure next week is gonna do fine numbers. 

48 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I loved Penta/OC. Ya'll had me thinking I was gonna hate it. Thought it was great. Sure, there are some OC spots I think are stupid and there are spots in every Fenix/Penta match I wish they'd drop but again, that's wrestling in 2021. 

It ain't the first time we've seen AEW ratings take a dive during a large political event. Ya'll so hyperbolic lol. I'm sure next week is gonna do fine numbers. 

Ya, you’re right. I did forget about the speech . 

• Like 1

As far as match quality , AEW is what it is. It’s most certainly influenced by The Bucks style .

If you like it , good on you . I have levels of tolerance but understand what I’m getting into. 

If you want to watch guys who can really work then NJPW is there for you . 

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

As far as match quality , AEW is what it is. It’s most certainly influenced by The Bucks style .

If you like it , good on you . I have levels of tolerance but understand what I’m getting into. 

If you want to watch guys who can really work then NJPW is there for you . 

it's disingenuous to say that given the implication that AEW guys can't really work. Wrestling is objective. 

26 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

it's disingenuous to say that given the implication that AEW guys can't really work. Wrestling is objective. 

I don’t think it is disingenuous. There’s more to wrestling than move after move, high spot after high spot etc. and frankly that seems to be the only thing going on in many AEW matches. OC vs Penta being a prime example. That’s not working. It’s doing moves.

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t think it is disingenuous. There’s more to wrestling than move after move, high spot after high spot etc. and frankly that seems to be the only thing going on in many AEW matches. OC vs Penta being a prime example. That’s not working. It’s doing moves.

That's why I said it's objective

Just now, Troy Brown said:

That's why I said it's objective

Technically you’re right it’s an opinion but at the same time if you break it down like some do, it doesn’t really suggest that these guys are really ‘working ‘

No selling a Canadian Destroyer makes 0 f’n sense and makes it phony and unbelievable where you can’t suspend disbelief . 

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Technically you’re right it’s an opinion but at the same time if you break it down like some do, it doesn’t really suggest that these guys are really ‘working ‘

No selling a Canadian Destroyer makes 0 f’n sense and makes it phony and unbelievable where you can’t suspend disbelief . 

A lot of things are no sold in Japan, too. I hear what you're saying and I agree with it but it doesn't ruin any of the experience for me. It's like watching a movie or reading a book, I know it ain't real anyway. Like Penta looks like a comic book character and OC looks like a dweeb. The Undertaker never bothered me, either. I don't really care about the guys who break it down. If a match pops me or has me wanting to see how it's going to end and invested, then I'm happy with spending my time on it. I like AEW for the character work myself anyway. Just don't think it's fair to claim they can't work. 

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Everything is an excuse now. Wrestling use to steamroll everything set out in front of it.

Now every week its something thats already been there forever. "Oh the NFL" "Oh the bouncy ball finals" "Oh its a holiday."

A speech would not cost a 30% drop. But a garbage, weak show with same ME the 3rd week in a row would.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Everything is an excuse now. Wrestling use to steamroll everything set out in front of it.

Now every week its something thats already been there forever. "Oh the NFL" "Oh the bouncy ball finals" "Oh its a holiday."

A speech would not cost a 30% drop. But a garbage, weak show with same ME the 3rd week in a row would.

lol ok i mean we've seen it literally every time there's been a large political event to call it a general pattern but push whatever narrative you want. gonna be weird for ya next week when numbers are up 

45 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

lol ok i mean we've seen it literally every time there's been a large political event to call it a general pattern but push whatever narrative you want. gonna be weird for ya next week when numbers are up 

I could go along with you if it was 10-12%.

30% drop. No.  I take it as theyre not capturing the NXT crowd.

Checked out Pipers Bio on A&E.

First half hour or so was incredible. What he pulled off in Mexico when feuding with the Guerreros is one of the most insane things I ever heard. Greg Valentine on there and the insight he provided was incredible.

But then it turned into a WWE advertisement piece the last hour. No WCW mention whatsoever. Like everything else with them lately. Its about the WWE brand name, not an individual.

Worth the watch to see those early years.