Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

You gotta be f’ing kidding me. 

they announce that Arn’s kid is debuting in ring next week, and he comes out with Cody now wearing a pink polo shirt tucked into white cargo shorts. Why doesn’t he just tattoo ‘geek’ on his forehead and be done with it already .

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

they announce that Arn’s kid is debuting in ring next week, and he comes out with Cody now wearing a pink polo shirt tucked into white cargo shorts. Why doesn’t he just tattoo ‘geek’ on his forehead and be done with it already .

Hes making David Flair when in WCW look like Goldberg.

But in other news. Hagar rocking the Vanilla Ice stripes in his hair was  golden.

Terrible show altogether. I’m really not into any storylines.  Most are just baffling . 

Im finally enjoying Omega. He needs to be a lifer heel. He can do good things for Jungle Jack in this feud.

Cody though. When AEW started I wanted to see what he had. Now. With the way hes been the past year or so. I cant stand him. When left to his own devices. The worst promo guy in the history of the business. And its not close.

Miro has been great ever since Cornette woke him up. Enjoyed the final match. 10 looked sharp last night. Dark Order really isnt doing him any favors atm. The guy is good. But yeah. Other that those spots. Not a great show.

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im finally enjoying Omega. He needs to be a lifer heel. He can do good things for Jungle Jack in this feud.

Cody though. When AEW started I wanted to see what he had. Now. With the way hes been the past year or so. I cant stand him. When left to his own devices. The worst promo guy in the history of the business. And its not close.

Miro has been great ever since Cornette woke him up. Enjoyed the final match. 10 looked sharp last night. Dark Order really isnt doing him any favors atm. The guy is good. But yeah. Other that those spots. Not a great show.

Omega is doing a very good job. So are The Bucks. 

I like Cody. But he needs to drop this Holier than Thou schtick and stop acting like he’s the second coming . It’s pretentious , over the top and phony . That first promo he did vs Ogogo was so cringeworthy . 

Miro is the best thing on the show. Other wrestlers should make note and stop being so juvenile. If you’re a mid  carder or above , you shouldn’t do stupid s***.  Act like an idiot . 

That being said I like Dark Order. They’re a bunch of smaller ,kinda unimposing guys. They can be goofs. They’re a lower level group that’s very lovable and you could pull the underdog card with them.
When you get in the ring, you HAVE to be serious.

10 needs to lose the stupid mask and sharpie . 

Edited by Rainmaker90

Roman is so much more captivating now compared to 2 years ago. 
Finn needs to go back to the demon paint if he wants to be an attraction.
I'm still bummed Aleister/End is gone. He was my 3rd favorite dude in WWE after KO and AJ.

When Keith Lee comes back, WWE should push the hell out of him. I'd make him the head of a new stable, and put Mia in there as the female. Have Damien Priest and Dijak be the tag team members of the stable, make them look like AOP in NXT (and stop calling Dijak "T-Bar") while Lee goes for the singles gold and Mia fights for the womens belt. Maybe add a 2nd female, have her and Mia be womens tag-champs. Maybe even add a cruiserweight, like Ricochet, that can fight for the secodnary mens belt. Keith Lee, Priest & Dijak, Mia, Ricochet. That's a stable.

Edited by Jeezla

On 6/8/2021 at 10:33 AM, Texansfan713 said:

that was the worst ending to raw i ever seen in my life

Need I remind you that there was a RAW in the past that ended with Vince getting into a limo and the limo proceeding to blow up.

On 6/12/2021 at 8:03 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

That being said I like Dark Order. They’re a bunch of smaller ,kinda unimposing guys. They can be goofs. They’re a lower level group that’s very lovable and you could pull the underdog card with them.
When you get in the ring, you HAVE to be serious.

Part of that though means that they need to be booked like that, IN THE RING, as well.  Sorry, but no way in hell Uno should have gotten in the amount of offense he did on Miro, even if Miro no-sold some of it and didn't really sell anything until a mistake he made left an opening.  Everybody who isn't a "one-and-done job-guy" doesn't need to be getting multiple comebacks and having 20+ minute matches when, at least in respect to their current presentation (you want to build them up down the road, dig your grave if you like), they've got a clear ceiling that isn't going to reach about the middlest of the card.  If anything, unless Miro (I'd be booking Archer the same way, but they appear to have figured something out in his regard) should be going over 10 minutes (honestly, shouldn't even go to-and-through a commercial break, but once in a blue moon) is when the opponent is a sufficiently built guy who at least has been made to look like he stands a legitimate chance.  I'd add one caveat to that, but it's a rarity in booking today (and I can't take credit for this because I actually got the idea from talking to Kevin Sullivan), if you have a monster heel you want to get over as particularly sadistic, you have him go close to the 20 minute range once or twice, but have him in control almost the entire time, legitimately just toying with and torturing the opponent for the sheer pleasure of it (and even then you need a foil like a manager/girlfriend/best friend - who won't  interfere to interact with/taunt).  It's how Miro vs Chuck Taylor should have been booked, to be honest.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:23 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

I don't know that "geek" would exactly be how I would describe it, but... given the way that AEW has oriented themselves (and in particular the way the talent leans on social media), you're having the son of "The Enforcer" come out dressed to a 'T' like a souther/midwestern frat boy (it was practically the SAE uniform for most of the southern schools down to the sock-free Sperry deck shoes).  That's heel attire in this day and age, especially with wrestling fans.

Also, Joe re-signed in a non-wrestling capacity with WWE - Mike Johnson said Hunter moved heaven and earth to get him back - and looks like he's headed to take over Regal's role in NXT.

3 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I don't know that "geek" would exactly be how I would describe it, but... given the way that AEW has oriented themselves (and in particular the way the talent leans on social media), you're having the son of "The Enforcer" come out dressed to a 'T' like a souther/midwestern frat boy (it was practically the SAE uniform for most of the southern schools down to the sock-free Sperry deck shoes).  That's heel attire in this day and age, especially with wrestling fans.

Also, Joe re-signed in a non-wrestling capacity with WWE - Mike Johnson said Hunter moved heaven and earth to get him back - and looks like he's headed to take over Regal's role in NXT.

I would say geek is the perfect word for that outfit . He looked like a suburban dad. 

That's some great news for AEW. A venue with 23k attendance directly in NYC. Seats are super close, so it should be a hot crowd. It will be interesting to see which stage design they'll use and how many tickets will be available. Nevertheless, this might be the opener for other venues in NYC (yes, i'm looking at you MSG).

The pops for Eddie Kingston, the Best Friends and Santana & Ortiz could be huge. Hell if they run such a show as a Dynamite special, they need to deliver something big. I make a prediction. Santana & Ortiz are winning the Tag belts on this show.

Wow. That opening to AEW was actually worse than when the Bucks open the show.  And here I was thinking that feat was impossible.

Wardlow must punch like an 11yo. Which makes all the more sense why he ran from the ring from someone the size of a 12yo.

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Wow. That opening to AEW was actually worse than when the Bucks open the show.  And here I was thinking that feat was impossible.

Wardlow must punch like an 11yo. Which makes all the more sense why he ran from the ring from someone the size of a 12yo.

Did some look bad, ya. But it was an interesting start to the show. I wish they woulda left it after the match instead of the run in . 

pretty meh show. 

Idt there was anything great, or anything bad. My favorite part was the FTR , Santana And Ortiz promo. 

Did some look bad, ya. But it was an interesting start to the show. I wish they woulda left it after the match instead of the run in . 

pretty meh show. 

Idt there was anything great, or anything bad. My favorite part was the FTR , Santana And Ortiz promo. 

If they could have stayed away from those 1st round Wardlow haymakers and Superman punch. Felt that ruined it. Should have had him pulling some Greco Roman style moves. Showcasing him expanding his moveset and what hes capable of. Cause he doesnt wrestle but once every couple months to show people.

The OC match was an embarrassment. That choreography at the end for those moves was the worst Ive ever seen.

Thought the womens match was the best of the night. Everyone says WWE women are all overtop any other companies. I heavily disagree. AEW women can storytell, sell and express in the ring better than any of them.