Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Jimmy Uso another DUI, along with running a red light. Somehow, that's only a misdemeanor in Florida. Guy needs to lose his DL for like 5 years.

I wonder if they'll have Roman address it on SD? "You failed the family again" or something like that.

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Jimmy Uso another DUI, along with running a red light. Somehow, that's only a misdemeanor in Florida. Guy needs to lose his DL for like 5 years.

I wonder if they'll have Roman address it on SD? "You failed the family again" or something like that.

They should suspend him, but they won’t. 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:13 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

Pretty average show. 

They completely screwed up the Sammy MJF match. Announcing that MJF and Jericho was going to be next (albeit obvious) really makes Sammy look less important. 

The match was terrible. This was billed as a bad blood fight . The synchronized dance they did in the beginning took me out of it. It didn’t fit. Doing stuff just to do it is not good pro wrestling. At least they didn’t beat Sammy clean. 

Like I said previously, it should’ve been flipped. MJF shoulda beaten Jericho first and then Sammy shoulda beat MJF. Two stars woulda been made. 

The best part of the night was the World Title stuff. What a great story . Kenny calls out Hangman for being afraid to challenge and lose to him. The loveable losers , Dark Order help their friend Adam Page believe in himself and forget about his failures of the past. I’m hoping we see an Elite beat down on DO and Page getting vengeance for his friends.

Like you said, it should have been booked that way, but like I've said numerous times in here, it won't be because the Edmonton Albatross has too much pull.  That said, I don't particularly like them pairing MJF and Sammy as a rivalry anyway - best thing for both, IMO, would be to have Sammy double-cross the Inner Circle and ally himself with MJF (should have honestly happened as the been a minor resolution to the beef between the two of them - where Sammy seemed to be the only one who saw MJF for what he was in the Inner Circle period).  Sammy works best as a heel and not just because of his size (he's bigger and more filled out than other guys on that roster), but because he is a more natural heel (you want to punch the guy - I feel like they're overthinking him) and he wasn't giving nearly a long enough heel run to make a face-turn impactful.  The way they finished that match (even if we maintain the premise they were running with that MJF was going over because he was going on to face Jericho) was asinine.  The Avalanche Tombstone should have been the finish.

As to Omega/Page, I like where they're going - but part of that is also because, Good God, they just need to get Page away from the DO as soon as possible.  Uno's promos are painful to listen to (his inflection and affectation are beyond ridiculous); the only guy in the DO that's really over all that much is Silver and the spotlight has shifted off him lately anyway.  There's a part of me that genuinely feels like part of the reason why they're pulling the trigger on doing Kenny/Page now is because of the injuries Kenny's been working with for a while now (and it gives Kenny the "out" - or rather, gives the guys like Uncle Dave who are out-of-control Omega marks - of saying he dropped the title because of injury).  But that also makes me feel like they're going to rush a Kenny face turn coming out of it.

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Like you said, it should have been booked that way, but like I've said numerous times in here, it won't be because the Edmonton Albatross has too much pull.  That said, I don't particularly like them pairing MJF and Sammy as a rivalry anyway - best thing for both, IMO, would be to have Sammy double-cross the Inner Circle and ally himself with MJF (should have honestly happened as the been a minor resolution to the beef between the two of them - where Sammy seemed to be the only one who saw MJF for what he was in the Inner Circle period).  Sammy works best as a heel and not just because of his size (he's bigger and more filled out than other guys on that roster), but because he is a more natural heel (you want to punch the guy - I feel like they're overthinking him) and he wasn't giving nearly a long enough heel run to make a face-turn impactful.  The way they finished that match (even if we maintain the premise they were running with that MJF was going over because he was going on to face Jericho) was asinine.  The Avalanche Tombstone should have been the finish.

As to Omega/Page, I like where they're going - but part of that is also because, Good God, they just need to get Page away from the DO as soon as possible.  Uno's promos are painful to listen to (his inflection and affectation are beyond ridiculous); the only guy in the DO that's really over all that much is Silver and the spotlight has shifted off him lately anyway.  There's a part of me that genuinely feels like part of the reason why they're pulling the trigger on doing Kenny/Page now is because of the injuries Kenny's been working with for a while now (and it gives Kenny the "out" - or rather, gives the guys like Uncle Dave who are out-of-control Omega marks - of saying he dropped the title because of injury).  But that also makes me feel like they're going to rush a Kenny face turn coming out of it.

I don’t think I agree with this. Sammy has the face that you wanna punch but I think he has the charisma that you want to cheer for. Even when he was supposed to be a heel, he came off as a lovable face for a lot of it. I think he comes off as a genuine , funny, charismatic babyface.  He shouldn’t have been the stepping stone for Jericho. That was wrong . 

And I’m all for Dark Order. They’re not getting dominating wins like before which is ridiculous. They’re the lovable losers who want to belong. Hangman left this ‘cool’ dominant group, he’s always been seen as a top guy but has hit rock bottom, losing big matches, getting clowned by FTR, losing his friends.  Now he has befriended this group of misfits who don’t belong. The underdogs.  The misfits are now helping this top guy that it’s okay to fail and that he still has them, his friends. 

Frankly, If booked correctly this could be one of the better stories of the last few years. I would have The Elite annihilate Dark Order 2-3 weeks before the PPV. Give them ‘serious injuries’ and not see them on TV until the PPV when they come to Page’s aid. 

Any chance Kenny wins ? Page is having a baby soon. 

On 7/6/2021 at 2:49 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

Any chance Kenny wins ? Page is having a baby soon. 

Absolutely.  With the both Kenny and the Bucks, I'll believe they drop the titles when it actually happens and not a moment sooner.

Really enjoyed the Ethan Page Darby segment . Page could be really good if he didn’t want to act ‘silly’ as much as he does. 

Cody vs QT was fine. The feud didnt take off because nobody cares about QT. Woulda been much better being Dustin. Why the f*** does Cody always get the new guy? Black vs Cody doesn’t seem like it’ll work .

Andrade was okay on his debut. Idk why they put him with Vikki. He’s a major star. 

Inner Circle Pinnacle stuff was fine . I’m excited for Spears Sammy and the tag match . 

Really don’t get The Bucks beating Eddie again.  I’m curious what they do next. I’d personally like to see Mox and Eddie as champs but idk if they go that way. Maybe they feud with DO next ?

World title stuff was a bit repetitive. There’s just so many different things to do. Have Kenny destroy DO in singles matches . 

Mox vs Anderson is going to be great. I wish we saw singles Anderson more and not always acting so silly with Gallows. 

I haven’t been watching for a long while. What is the plan with Omega holding the three belts? It seemed obvious to me that if they were going to do this, it needed to be a thing where it was building to him getting the belt for every promotion that he could, and then you do a payoff match where the big culmination match was vs the NJPW champ (preferably Okada) where you have like 6 different titles on the line, but from all I’m seeing it appears that path is stalling out. Plus NJPW had their intercontinental champ and heavyweight champ holding the same belt, but then unified them instead of letting their guy continue to carry two belts. 

crazy thing just happened right now.  im bored at work so im reading the NWO bio on wiki I get to the part at the top where it says Paul Orndorff contributed some things to the NWO.  I click on his hyperlink and see that he passed away today.

RIP Paul Orndorff

Edited by Texansfan713

4 hours ago, pwny said:

I haven’t been watching for a long while. What is the plan with Omega holding the three belts? It seemed obvious to me that if they were going to do this, it needed to be a thing where it was building to him getting the belt for every promotion that he could, and then you do a payoff match where the big culmination match was vs the NJPW champ (preferably Okada) where you have like 6 different titles on the line, but from all I’m seeing it appears that path is stalling out. Plus NJPW had their intercontinental champ and heavyweight champ holding the same belt, but then unified them instead of letting their guy continue to carry two belts. 

Seems unclear about the belt collector gimmick but the only path in AEW was Hangman. I just don't think a big match like that between AEW champion and IWGP champion is ready to happen. Does it happen in Japan or America? 

Very deserving for the show. I really liked it.

The public sale for the show in the Arthur Ashe Stadium started about an hour ago. Tickets are selling to a rapid pace, so that every few minutes new sections get opened. Currently 16.500 - 16.800 places are open to sell, with 14.000 already gone. They are really on fire. Originally it was reported, that the show could have about 17.500 tickets available. I dunno how the stage will be designed, but since there are already section sold on the side behind the stage, i would speculate, that they might be able to open even more seats, at leats in the higher ring behind the stage. I'm interested to see if that actually happens in the next couple of hours / when the show will be sold out in that time, cause it looks like it will be a sell out within the next couple of hours. That's incredible. It might be the unique setting, but AEW needs to think about larger venues now for their PPVs, because this demand is crazy.