Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

I didnt see MITB but I was right about every result except for the Women's MITB. I truly thought Becky would surprise and return to win it. She didnt and Vince went the Otis route and let Nikki win. Its good to see underrated new wrestlers win like Nikki and Big E but I think Nikki doesnt deserve to win it in the same way Otis didnt. Big E absolutely deserved to win it so Im glad he won.

I figured Seth would cost Edge the title against Roman so now they will have a feud heading into SS. I thought the Usos winning the titles to have the family have all the gold. Cena v Roman will be intriguing. Can Cena get that title record held by Rick Flair? I hope so but part of me thinks Roman isnt losing that title anytime soon. He isnt losing to Cena and if/when he face the Rock it wont be for the title as the Rock isnt going to be a main stay to defend it. So I dont know when Roman will lose it unless Cena decides to stick around awhile thats the only way I can see him beating Roman and taking that title. I just cant see him sticking around for awhile to defend the title multiple times. So maybe down the road at Wrestlemania someone like Finn Balor or if they build up someone like Riddle or if Big E stays on SDL which I dont think he will. I think he goes over to Raw and reunite with New Day and he takes on Lashley to win the title. Maybe if Seth turns face eventually he could take on Roman and win or even if they call up someone like Karrion Cross from NXT to come to SDL to challenge Roman down the road to win the title. So its going to be interesting the feud with Cena v Roman I just dont think Cena will stick around awhile since he have movies and other projects he is doing thus winning the title at SS is something I want to happen I dont think will happen. Ive also thought about maybe Riddle. They could have continue to build him up especially after the storyline with Orton then have him win the RR go to SDL and challenge Roman at WM and win. So its more complicated as to see who is going to take the belt off of Roman if Cena doesnt do it than it is on Raw with Lashley. Ill get to Lashley next.

Lashley destroyed Kofi but again Big E winning MITB he is going to be the one to take that title off of him. I also want to see Kofi and Woods regain the tag titles so they all can have the gold. We havent seen in history where a trio on Raw and SDL have the gold. We can see it with Roman and the Usos on SDL and we can see it with New Day on Raw. Heel and face factions. Id love that even for a short time. Lashley currently though I think his next opponent will possibly be Goldberg at SS. I hear Goldberg is returning to face Lashley. Now it could be Goldberg facing Big E if Big E challenges and beats Lashley at SS. I know Big E went on the record to say his dream match is against Goldberg. I can see either way Lashley v Goldberg or Big E v Goldberg for the title. In both situations I dont see Goldberg winning. As much as Im a Goldberg fan, at this time of his career Goldberg is there for entrance the "who's next" promo and then to build up his opponent to make that opponent look more better. If Big E beats Goldberg as champ that makes Big E look even more like a viable champ especially Big E beating Lashley then Goldberg. Like when Drew beat Lesnar and then Goldberg. If Lashley beats Goldberg then Lashley is even more unstoppable which will put doubt in people mind as to who can stop him? Certainly not Big E and then when Big E wins the crowd will go insane that he beat the unstoppable Lashley who destroyed Kofi and Goldberg. So Im looking forward to seeing how that goes with Big E, Lashley, and Goldberg possibly coming back.

Becky will eventually make her return and Charlotte won so its going to be interesting to see that happen. Becky has to win her title that she never lost right? Part of me though want Becky to go to SDL to face Bianca. Especially since Bayley will be out for awhile due to injury and Sasha is off I think filming movies and stuff. No telling when she will be back. So Becky v Bianca will be very compelling. Not that Ill be complaining if its Becky v Charlotte. I just want something fresh. Alexa I thought wouldve won MITB if Becky didnt show up but obviously that didnt happen. I couldve seen Alexa going to SDL and challenging Bianca. While her storyline isnt the best its at least different and fascinating to me. They need to move Shayna over to SDL to feud with Bianca. Get her back to being her dominant cold self and that would be compelling too. 

Overall though from what I heard in terms of this PPV it went well outside of Nikki winning to kick off the real show which was a downer. I have nothing against Nikki. I really like Nikki personally as a wrestler. I prefer her NXT days when she was part of Sanity because she was the crazy weird but yet badass character. I just think her character now has that Otis feel to it. Otis didnt win the title and we knew that from the start. Maybe Nikki will win it and give all the young boys and girls hope in superheroes if thats the storyline. But still like she wins it then what? Hurricane when he was in the WWE he never won the WWE championship. I just dont get it. Nikki can certainly wrestle so Im giving her more of a chance I just cant take her character seriously enough as the Women's champion. Maybe for like a short run a very very short run but thats it. Then Cena getting that loud pop and nobody chanted "Lets go Cena! Cena sucks!" was great. I remember being there in New Orleans when people first started chanting that. All I can do is have a smile. Not because I liked it because Im a huge Cena fan. Its because I cant believe the fans actually started chanting that and it has stuck to this day. So again it was refreshing not to hear them chant that tonight. Im looking forward to Raw and SDL this week to see the fallout and Ill definitely listen to the "Going In Raw" podcast to hear Steve and Larson recap and thoughts on the PPV. They are good. 

Edited by stl4life07

If you had told me Cena would be opening Raw, Keith Lee would return, Goldberg would issue a challenge, Karrion Kross was debuting, and we'd get a rematch of the best match at MitB I wouldve expected a great episode. 

Instead we get a bro off with Cena and Riddle

Keith Lee getting fed to Lashley

Karrion Kross taking his first pin in WWE EVER on a rope play from babyface Jeff Hardy who hasnt been in a significant match for months

And only giving Charlotte and Rhea 10 minutes before a DQ finish and the worst gimmick in women's wrestling cashing in to become champion clearing the way for Charlotte to hit 12 sooner than later. 

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

If you had told me Cena would be opening Raw, Keith Lee would return, Goldberg would issue a challenge, Karrion Kross was debuting, and we'd get a rematch of the best match at MitB I wouldve expected a great episode. 

Karrion Kross taking his first pin in WWE EVER on a rope play from babyface Jeff Hardy who hasnt been in a significant match for months

And only giving Charlotte and Rhea 10 minutes before a DQ finish and the worst gimmick in women's wrestling cashing in to become champion clearing the way for Charlotte to hit 12 sooner than later. 

It is the most incompetent business I’ve ever seen. I’m almost convinced they’re self sabotaging on purpose . They have to be. 

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Seriously what must HHH be thinking? His champion who's been made to look dominant just got pinned in two minutes on his first appearance on the main roster?

How bad does that make NXT look? Well we put 5 guys against Karrion Kross who still dominated and retained the belt. He put Samoa Joe down but man, put him on Raw against Jeff Hardy..........

Ok I think everyone is overreacting to what happened on Raw. Its not as bad as you all are thinking if you really think about it.

Cena and Riddle was just for fun but also to get more rub for Riddle. Its the same was I think years ago when Finn and the NWO did the too sweet sign on Raw. Riddle is going to continue to get build and I can see him as the WWE or Universal champion one day. Could be as soon as next year at some point so I think it was a positive segment.

Keith Lee getting fed to Lashley isnt a bad thing. Its the same as Braun getting fed to Roman as they was building him up as the tribal chief. Roman looks strong by making Braun look weak then beating KO multiple times,then beating Cesaro, then stacking Edge and Bryan, then beating Bryan again sending him away from SDL, and then beating Edge again. Roman is made to look unstoppable for people to question, who is going to finally beat Roman and take the title? So when someone finally does whether it be Cena or someone down the road it will be a big deal. Well Lashley destroyed Kofi, he beatdown Keith Lee, he is going to beatdown Goldberg, and probably face Lesnar after Goldberg and beat him and then he will be made to look unstoppable. People will question the same thing. Who is going to finally beat Lashley and take the title? Thats when Big E will challenge him and win and it will be a big deal. So again I see nothing wrong with Keith Lee getting fed to Lashley. 

I look at Karrion Kross situation in two different ways. The first way could be another NXT guy getting called up and looking bad because once Vince gets his hands on them on the main roster thats what usually happens. We can think about all of the NXT call-ups that were dominant in NXT only to look blah on the main roster. I second way is that hey, Jeff Hardy is good. He isnt a scrub. Plus he is a veteran where as Karrion Kross on the main roster or even in the WWE period is still technically learning his way. Jeff pulled a veteran move to show Karrion he still has learning to do. Maybe it will motivate Karrion and make him more mad and dangerous which in the future the next time he comes to the main roster possibly for good he will be the monster and destroy everyone in his path. Thats how I see it. That second way of looking at it probably is wishful thinking on my part but if thats really the case it will make for a great storyline and Karrion can always harp on how he lost to Jeff that motivated him to never make that same mistake again. Which in his promo after the match he basically said as such.

Im actually glad they choose to let Nikki cash in this soon. They learned from their big mistake with Otis winning MITB. Since they planned Nikki to cash in and win, how did you expect Rhea v Charlotte to go? Now there is 5 weeks I think before SS so it wont surprise me if Nikki loses the title before SS to either Rhea or Charlotte. Becky comes back and challenges one of them for the title she never lost at SS and wins it. So I take no issue with how that happened plus feel good ending to the night in front of the live and crazy crowd in Texas.

Again I dont see how Raw was bad and Im looking forward to SDL on Friday and how everything will go heading into SS.  Thats just how I see it.