Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

43 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Cena and Riddle was just for fun but also to get more rub for Riddle. Its the same was I think years ago when Finn and the NWO did the too sweet sign on Raw. Riddle is going to continue to get build and I can see him as the WWE or Universal champion one day. Could be as soon as next year at some point so I think it was a positive segment.

Say bro over and over again for no other reason than it could get a slight rub and having a too sweet spot steeped in wrestling lore decades old from all over the world are not comparable. 

45 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Keith Lee getting fed to Lashley isnt a bad thing. Its the same as Braun getting fed to Roman as they was building him up as the tribal chief. Roman looks strong by making Braun look weak then beating KO multiple times,then beating Cesaro, then stacking Edge and Bryan, then beating Bryan again sending him away from SDL, and then beating Edge again. Roman is made to look unstoppable for people to question, who is going to finally beat Roman and take the title? So when someone finally does whether it be Cena or someone down the road it will be a big deal. Well Lashley destroyed Kofi, he beatdown Keith Lee, he is going to beatdown Goldberg, and probably face Lesnar after Goldberg and beat him and then he will be made to look unstoppable. People will question the same thing. Who is going to finally beat Lashley and take the title? Thats when Big E will challenge him and win and it will be a big deal. So again I see nothing wrong with Keith Lee getting fed to Lashley. 

The ends do not justify the means. Keith Lee RETURNED. He isn't built up. Lashley beating him does almost nothing for Lashley. Braun was a recent Universal Champion making plays in the ME for over a year. Keith Lee hasn't even found his footing on the main roster. You might have an argument if Keith was actually pushed, but he has been consistently booked into the ground. This match did NOTHING for Lashley but buried Lee. 

48 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I look at Karrion Kross situation in two different ways. The first way could be another NXT guy getting called up and looking bad because once Vince gets his hands on them on the main roster thats what usually happens. We can think about all of the NXT call-ups that were dominant in NXT only to look blah on the main roster. I second way is that hey, Jeff Hardy is good. He isnt a scrub. Plus he is a veteran where as Karrion Kross on the main roster or even in the WWE period is still technically learning his way. Jeff pulled a veteran move to show Karrion he still has learning to do. Maybe it will motivate Karrion and make him more mad and dangerous which in the future the next time he comes to the main roster possibly for good he will be the monster and destroy everyone in his path. Thats how I see it. That second way of looking at it probably is wishful thinking on my part but if thats really the case it will make for a great storyline and Karrion can always harp on how he lost to Jeff that motivated him to never make that same mistake again. Which in his promo after the match he basically said as such.

Wishful thinking indeed. First impressions are everything. For those who dont follow NXT, Kross is a punk *****. 

49 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Im actually glad they choose to let Nikki cash in this soon. They learned from their big mistake with Otis winning MITB. Since they planned Nikki to cash in and win, how did you expect Rhea v Charlotte to go? Now there is 5 weeks I think before SS so it wont surprise me if Nikki loses the title before SS to either Rhea or Charlotte. Becky comes back and challenges one of them for the title she never lost at SS and wins it. So I take no issue with how that happened plus feel good ending to the night in front of the live and crazy crowd in Texas.

My issue is mostly with the match being short and a DQ. Give them time, have an actual finish to a grueling match. Nikki can cash in still. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Say bro over and over again for no other reason than it could get a slight rub and having a too sweet spot steeped in wrestling lore decades old from all over the world are not comparable. 

The ends do not justify the means. Keith Lee RETURNED. He isn't built up. Lashley beating him does almost nothing for Lashley. Braun was a recent Universal Champion making plays in the ME for over a year. Keith Lee hasn't even found his footing on the main roster. You might have an argument if Keith was actually pushed, but he has been consistently booked into the ground. This match did NOTHING for Lashley but buried Lee. 

Wishful thinking indeed. First impressions are everything. For those who dont follow NXT, Kross is a punk *****. 

My issue is mostly with the match being short and a DQ. Give them time, have an actual finish to a grueling match. Nikki can cash in still. 

Saying bro is Riddle gimmick in the same way giving the too sweet sign was the NWO gimmick. One might be more significant and meaningful than the other but they are still signature gimmicks for those wrestlers. Cena and Riddle got a big pop and they had fun with it. I have no issue with it.

Keith Lee returned but it was a long anticipated return and it was in his home state of Texas. It was a bigger deal than you are making it out to be. Lashley beating him ruined it. That’s significant. 

Karrion Kross I do lean towards my first thinking in that Vince ruins NXT stars when they are called up. Shinsuke as the perfect example of a guy who killed it in New Japan and in NXT only to look like a joke on the main roster for awhile. It took them forever just to make Apollo Crews relevant. And there are so many more that was called up and wasn’t the same as soon as they stepped onto the main roster as they was in NXT.

With the women’s match I don’t mind them not having a finish. We’ve seen Rhea v Charlotte multiple times already with finishes. This match only served one purpose and that’s to get Nikki the opportunity to cash in. So Charlotte cheats to keep her title, Rhea snaps and beat up Charlotte then Nikki runs down cashes in and wins the title. If this was a PPV we would see a legit finish with Charlotte winning but the results would be the same with Rhea snapping and beating up Charlotte with and Nikki cashing in and winning. Plus I wasn’t expecting on back to back nights with the same match to get back to back legit finishes. 

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Saying bro is Riddle gimmick in the same way giving the too sweet sign was the NWO gimmick. One might be more significant and meaningful than the other but they are still signature gimmicks for those wrestlers. Cena and Riddle got a big pop and they had fun with it. I have no issue with it.

Still cringe, Im allowed that opinion. 

Keith Lee returned but it was a long anticipated return and it was in his home state of Texas. It was a bigger deal than you are making it out to be. Lashley beating him ruined it. That’s significant. 

Are you arguing or agreeing? His return should have been a big deal but it ultimately became an afterthought after not only losing in quick order, but also being overshadowed by Goldberg returning seconds later. To me it signals that Keith Lee is not going anywhere anytime soon which is a damn shame because he has the charisma and in ring work to be legendary. 

Karrion Kross I do lean towards my first thinking in that Vince ruins NXT stars when they are called up. Shinsuke as the perfect example of a guy who killed it in New Japan and in NXT only to look like a joke on the main roster for awhile. It took them forever just to make Apollo Crews relevant. And there are so many more that was called up and wasn’t the same as soon as they stepped onto the main roster as they was in NXT.

Given that most of the singles titles are held by former NXT superstars (Roman, Bianca, Nikki, Apollo to Bobby and Sheamus) I would say the NXT call up "curse" isnt as real as people make it out to be. The issue is they bring people up without an actual plan or storyline. Some are good enough to break through and find a footing but some dont. 

With the women’s match I don’t mind them not having a finish. We’ve seen Rhea v Charlotte multiple times already with finishes. This match only served one purpose and that’s to get Nikki the opportunity to cash in. So Charlotte cheats to keep her title, Rhea snaps and beat up Charlotte then Nikki runs down cashes in and wins the title. If this was a PPV we would see a legit finish with Charlotte winning but the results would be the same with Rhea snapping and beating up Charlotte with and Nikki cashing in and winning. Plus I wasn’t expecting on back to back nights with the same match to get back to back legit finishes

DQ finishes should be used sparingly but they happen in WWE more often than a clean finish. Yes, ultimately Nikki go the title. However, it could and SHOULD have been more than just a means to an end. Hell if you are hellbent on not having a finish to the original match, have Rhea and Charlotte beat the piss out of each other until neither or standing and have Nikki cash in mid match and pin either of them for the title. If they wanted Charlotte or Rhea to feud with Nikki, have her pin the opposite person in that match. Much more streamlined story and it doesn't delegitimize a ME match. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Still cringe, Im allowed that opinion. 

Are you arguing or agreeing? His return should have been a big deal but it ultimately became an afterthought after not only losing in quick order, but also being overshadowed by Goldberg returning seconds later. To me it signals that Keith Lee is not going anywhere anytime soon which is a damn shame because he has the charisma and in ring work to be legendary. 

Given that most of the singles titles are held by former NXT superstars (Roman, Bianca, Nikki, Apollo to Bobby and Sheamus) I would say the NXT call up "curse" isnt as real as people make it out to be. The issue is they bring people up without an actual plan or storyline. Some are good enough to break through and find a footing but some dont. 

DQ finishes should be used sparingly but they happen in WWE more often than a clean finish. Yes, ultimately Nikki go the title. However, it could and SHOULD have been more than just a means to an end. Hell if you are hellbent on not having a finish to the original match, have Rhea and Charlotte beat the piss out of each other until neither or standing and have Nikki cash in mid match and pin either of them for the title. If they wanted Charlotte or Rhea to feud with Nikki, have her pin the opposite person in that match. Much more streamlined story and it doesn't delegitimize a ME match. 

Oh no I agree you have your opinion. I just think its harmless what happened with Riddle and Cena. If Riddle did that with one of the Lucha House Party members in the middle of the ring to open the show then we all should be upset about it. But its Cena an established big name thats a face giving so rub and having fun to Riddle who is also a face that is building imo to possibly be a WWE or Universal champion one day. Its not hard to comprehend.

Im saying that Keith Lee return was a big deal. So when Lashley squashed him it was supposed to make Lashley look even more unbeatable so that when Big E beats him for the title down the road it will mean alot. If Lashley squashed John Morrison it would mean nothing. Goldberg overshadows pretty much everyone. Plus they can always build Keith Lee up. Look what they did to Drew. He was the lackey for both Corbin and Shane but they built him up then he won the Royal Rumble and then went on to beat Lesnar for the title at Mania. So the last thing Im worried about is Keith Lee being an afterthought. He still is a big deal, Lashley squashed him to make him an even more unstoppable guy and when Big E beats him for the title its going to mean something for Big E that he defeated a guy who destroyed Kofi, Keith Lee, and Goldberg within the span of months.

I wouldnt call it the NXT curse. I would just say Vince and the other creatives that run the main roster dont know what to do with those superstars. Finn was supposed to come up and get a big push right away. He got hurt and when he came back Vince pushed him down. Vince had no use for Sasha Banks for awhile until Im guessing HHH had to strongly say needs to be up there with Charlotte Flair when it comes to the title scene. It took awhile for Becky and even Bayley to get to where they are now doing great work with their characters. And tbh I dont trust Vince period. If it wasnt for WCW pushing WWF to nearly going out of business and the WWF had to change the way the ran things back in the 90's we wouldve never seen the attitude era. And I dont credit Vince for that either. 

I get what you are saying about the Rhea and Charlotte match. Im just saying to have two legit finishes for the same match back to back nights like I wouldnt have predicted that especially if the idea was for Nikki to run and cash in and win. Either way though regardless of a DQ, couldve been a double count out, or anywhere in between minus a clean finish all the matters is the ME accomplished one thing and thats Nikki cashing in and winning the title in a feel good moment to end the show. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Im saying that Keith Lee return was a big deal. So when Lashley squashed him it was supposed to make Lashley look even more unbeatable so that when Big E beats him for the title down the road it will mean alot. If Lashley squashed John Morrison it would mean nothing. Goldberg overshadows pretty much everyone. Plus they can always build Keith Lee up. Look what they did to Drew. He was the lackey for both Corbin and Shane but they built him up then he won the Royal Rumble and then went on to beat Lesnar for the title at Mania. So the last thing Im worried about is Keith Lee being an afterthought. He still is a big deal, Lashley squashed him to make him an even more unstoppable guy and when Big E beats him for the title its going to mean something for Big E that he defeated a guy who destroyed Kofi, Keith Lee, and Goldberg within the span of months.

The dude has barely been in front of the main audience. Beating Keith Lee does not make Lashley seem more unbeatable. If he had returned, beat AJ Styles despite Omos being at ring side, then Lashley beats him the following week that might move the needle for Bobby. This didn't. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I wouldnt call it the NXT curse. I would just say Vince and the other creatives that run the main roster dont know what to do with those superstars. Finn was supposed to come up and get a big push right away. He got hurt and when he came back Vince pushed him down. Vince had no use for Sasha Banks for awhile until Im guessing HHH had to strongly say needs to be up there with Charlotte Flair when it comes to the title scene. It took awhile for Becky and even Bayley to get to where they are now doing great work with their characters. And tbh I dont trust Vince period. If it wasnt for WCW pushing WWF to nearly going out of business and the WWF had to change the way the ran things back in the 90's we wouldve never seen the attitude era. And I dont credit Vince for that either.

I think it is unreasonable to think that NXT people are gonna hit the main roster and immediately make huge waves in the ME. I think Paige really did a number on expectations upon call up, especially for the women. Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky were all immediately at the forefront of the division when they got called up. Bayley's NXT character was never gonna work on the main roster. Sasha and Charlotte were right away in the title picture after the mini faction plot ran its course. Becky was never really at the forefront of NXT, she was the throw in for a long time and that carried over to the main roster until the birth of The Man. Finn is never going to be a ME mainstay on the main roster due to his size. He can have a Rey Mysterio like career, or Jeff Hardy. He will surf in the midcard and sometime hit a big wave to the ME. 

Despite all this... no one, NO ONE has had such a ISH first appearance as Kross being beat in less than 2min. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The dude has barely been in front of the main audience. Beating Keith Lee does not make Lashley seem more unbeatable. If he had returned, beat AJ Styles despite Omos being at ring side, then Lashley beats him the following week that might move the needle for Bobby. This didn't. 

I think it is unreasonable to think that NXT people are gonna hit the main roster and immediately make huge waves in the ME. I think Paige really did a number on expectations upon call up, especially for the women. Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky were all immediately at the forefront of the division when they got called up. Bayley's NXT character was never gonna work on the main roster. Sasha and Charlotte were right away in the title picture after the mini faction plot ran its course. Becky was never really at the forefront of NXT, she was the throw in for a long time and that carried over to the main roster until the birth of The Man. Finn is never going to be a ME mainstay on the main roster due to his size. He can have a Rey Mysterio like career, or Jeff Hardy. He will surf in the midcard and sometime hit a big wave to the ME. 

Despite all this... no one, NO ONE has had such a ISH first appearance as Kross being beat in less than 2min. 

I get your point about Keith Lee barely been in front of the main audience. Im saying that Keith Lee represents someone that should be a serious threat to Lashley and by Lashley squashing him its a big deal. Again if Lashley squashed John Morrison or Ricochet it wouldnt have felt like a big deal. Sometimes logic doesnt always work in the WWE especially when it comes to Vince logic. 

Oh I was there when Paige made her main roster debut and the crowd went crazy. What I think happens is alot of the NXT stars are so great and established in NXT that us fans expect them to pick right up when they move to the main roster and have these great feuds. Instead most of the time it doesnt happen. As a matter of fact its worse than just starting from the bottom and working their way up. It feels like they are below the bottom just to get to the bottom and work their way up only to get stuck some of them half way for a very long time before they finally get a push to the top. For example Big E. He had a great gimmick in NXT. The whole 5 count. He gets to the main roster it takes him awhile before he is even relevant with New Day and now he is finally sorta on his own getting a push towards the title. Took this long though. Finn should definitely be and stay in the main event scene. I dont care about size. Thats the one thing I loved about WCW. They didnt care. They had guys like Chris Jericho and Eddie both in the cruiserweight picture and heavyweight title picture. They took Booker T from the tag team division and made him a world champion. It didnt matter who you was as long as you put in the work and showed you was the best. The WWE with Vince its all about looking the part. If you dont look like Drew or Lashley or Lesnar or Roman or Cena then its hard press to see being a main event guy and I really dont like that because it shouldnt be the case most if not nearly all of the time.

I agree with you on Karrion Kross. Definitely alot of backlash from how his main roster debut went. The only thing is that its not like he is called up for good. He is going to go back to NXT for idk how long then eventually get called back up for good and get a strong push. For all I know it could be to get Jeff Hardy more of a push. He beat Karrion Kross which is a big deal since Karrion has been dominant in NXT and is the champ. So maybe Jeff will get a push for the USA title or at least get a chance for future title shot at Lashley depending on how long he holds the title before Big E wins it from him. So who knows. Again Vince logic doesnt always make sense. 

UPDATE ON CM PUNK'S RETURN TO THE RING.
Fightful Select reported today that CM Punk has been in talks with a company about a return to the ring.
That company is speculated to be All Elite Wrestling.
The Fightful report stated that they’ve been told AEW is the most likely landing point for Punk, but there’s no confirmation of a contract officially being signed, a timetable, a set return date, or any creative plans just yet.
The only thing that is known is Punk and a company official have had ongoing conversations about an in-ring return. Of course, nothing is ever fully confirmed until the deal is actually done.
Punk nor AEW has yet to confirm the report, but Fightful has been told in recent days that higher ups in WWE believe that Punk is already headed to AEW.

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:
Fightful Select reported today that CM Punk has been in talks with a company about a return to the ring.
The Fightful report stated that they’ve been told AEW is the most likely landing point for Punk, but there’s no confirmation of a contract officially being signed, a timetable, a set return date, or any creative plans just yet.
The only thing that is known is Punk and a company official have had ongoing conversations about an in-ring return. Of course, nothing is ever fully confirmed until the deal is actually done.
Punk nor AEW has yet to confirm the report, but Fightful has been told in recent days that higher ups in WWE believe that Punk is already headed to AEW.

Only way I would watch AEW.  

8 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Huge if true. I imagine he would have full control of his own creative and schedule. 

• Like 1