Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

Not terribly sure how anyone isn't into the Elite stuff. I've never been more invested in a storyline to see Page take them down. The whole dang company was built on them doing goofy stuff. They're good at it.

The main event was terrible. Gage isn't built for national television and I think we all knew that but just terrible flow to that match. He did look crazy, though. 

I was just so deflated after the Page finish. Couldn't care about anything else that happened last night. That match was great. Thought Stu Grayson was dead after that dive. 

Lol. What the heck is going on? Unless there is something serious with Bray happening or it was his own wish to be release, this would be an absolutely insanly stupid move by WWE to release one of the most creative and important wrestlers on their roster. What a shocker.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Controversial: Bray Wyatt was better off with his old gimmick than The Fiend. Supernatural characters who rely on wild gimmicks and stuff rn aren't meant to last.

No doubt, the fiend was awesome because of his entrance, but he really only had two good matches (DB at Royal Rumble and KO on Smackdown). He wasnt gonna last and since they moved his gimmick to alexa i was hoping he would return to the OG bray but sadly no. 

On 7/31/2021 at 1:57 PM, Edge said:

"According to @davemeltzerWON, Wyatt was told his release was due to budget cuts. He had been preparing to return in August."

Wow, just wow. 😲

how do you budget cut one of the few intriguing guys in wrestling 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Sounds like Adam Cole becomes a free agent next month. Screw Bray, if AEW can snag Cole, Bryan, and Punk in a month they will be absolutely loaded

How the hell is he still in NXT?

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Sounds like Adam Cole becomes a free agent next month. Screw Bray, if AEW can snag Cole, Bryan, and Punk in a month they will be absolutely loaded

I am Pam looking at that list. Do they need all three? They have shockingly similar skillsets. Rather have a Bray on that list to mix it up a bit. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I am Pam looking at that list. Do they need all three? They have shockingly similar skillsets. Rather have a Bray on that list to mix it up a bit. 

I don't see them as being all that similar. Bryan is best as a true face, and Punk/Cole are best as heels (or anti-authority face for Punk). I don't think any of them really work the same way either despite all having more of an indy style. Bryan/Punk are both huge names so you have to say yes.

I straight up think Cole is vastly superior to Bray. Even if you don't agree Cole has the pre-existing relationships that can sell a number of feuds in AEW right off the bat (Bullet Club, Kenny, Hangman, Bucks, Cody, Britt) while Bray doesn't. What does Bray bring that Black who is already there doesn't?