Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Cole joining page to fight the elite then turning on him would be good

Agreed

I can get behind the storylines Cole creates in AEW, dont get me wrong. I just think Bray offers them dynamics they don't have yet. I mean everyone has turned on Hangman save Cody...

If Adam Cole was smart he’d go to AEW. He’s got 0 chance on the main roster. 

Miro and Black were the absolute stars last night. Both looked like a million bucks . 

Jericho was embarrassing , just so sloppy work wise and look wise. 

I get the Cody feud is ‘ Black thinks Cody lost his fire’ but it just seemed forced with Cody. It’s always like he’s trying to create a moment unnaturally. 

On 8/5/2021 at 8:54 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

If Adam Cole was smart he’d go to AEW. He’s got 0 chance on the main roster. 

Miro and Black were the absolute stars last night. Both looked like a million bucks . 

Jericho was embarrassing , just so sloppy work wise and look wise. 

I get the Cody feud is ‘ Black thinks Cody lost his fire’ but it just seemed forced with Cody. It’s always like he’s trying to create a moment unnaturally. 

I did not come away from the Jericho match thinking he was the sloppy one

On 8/7/2021 at 11:07 AM, Troy Brown said:

Id start spreading the damn things out for one

Nope. I don’t want spreading things out. When WCW had Hogan, Nash, Hall and others from WWF coming over I don’t recall it being spread out. Could be wrong because I was super young but it was exciting plus if you know how to work storylines it won’t be hard to bring them all in close together. I know I was older when Eddie, Beniot, Saturn, and Malenko all left WCW to join WWF as “The Radicalz”.

So again the right storylines could work with Cole, Bryan, Punk, and Bray coming in closer together. I’d use Bray as the leader of the Dark Order to make them like they originally was with Brody before he unfortunately passed away. They are a joke now but Bray could make them a heel faction again but even scarier and dangerous than they was when the first came together. 

I could see Cole helping Page take down the elite and Page gets the title then Cole turning on him to fight for the title. I’d love to see Punk vs Jericho or even Mox right out of the gate. Id love to see Bryan feud with MJF right out of the gate. Cole would probably feud with Omega right out of the gate if many would love to see him help Page take down the Elite before turning on him and trying to take the title away. 

I don’t understand what the WWE is doing with releasing young potential great talent and rebranding NXT. I felt like they missed the boat big time with NXT. They could’ve dove right in and crossed brand all three shows and even made the NXT title just as important as the Universal and WWE titles. Where they could’ve made the North American title just as important as the US and IC titles and so forth. Where we could’ve seen any wrestler especially the champs show up on any show at any time to have killer matches and storylines.

Just imagine Roman showing up to NXT to get in the face of Kross before Kross even stepped foot on Raw and got beat by Jeff Hardy. I would’ve loved to have seen AJ Styles at an NXT Takeover fighting Cole after a back and forth on twitter and their respective brands. Even showing up to Raw and NXT to take smack. So like the WWE really dropped the ball with all that talent on NXT either releasing them or not doing anything with especially when they get called to the main roster. I thought EC3 would be a big hit his second time around after making a name for himself in TNA/Impact. That didn’t happen. Just really sucks in general. 

I still think about Ricky Starks ish talking Darby Allin with the "I like turtles." meme on a near daily basis. IMO that's the funniest thing ever said/the thing that's stuck with me the most on a professional wrestling show ever with The Rock's "It doesn't matter...." a close second. I'm pretty sure 30 years from now I'll randomly laugh at loud and when asked what's so funny I'll have to explain that it was a qoute from a 30 year old wrestling show based on a 40 year old meme and whoever is there will be like "yeah. It's time to put him down."

On 8/9/2021 at 12:49 AM, stl4life07 said:

Nope. I don’t want spreading things out. When WCW had Hogan, Nash, Hall and others from WWF coming over I don’t recall it being spread out. Could be wrong because I was super young but it was exciting plus if you know how to work storylines it won’t be hard to bring them all in close together. I know I was older when Eddie, Beniot, Saturn, and Malenko all left WCW to join WWF as “The Radicalz”.

So again the right storylines could work with Cole, Bryan, Punk, and Bray coming in closer together. I’d use Bray as the leader of the Dark Order to make them like they originally was with Brody before he unfortunately passed away. They are a joke now but Bray could make them a heel faction again but even scarier and dangerous than they was when the first came together. 

I could see Cole helping Page take down the elite and Page gets the title then Cole turning on him to fight for the title. I’d love to see Punk vs Jericho or even Mox right out of the gate. Id love to see Bryan feud with MJF right out of the gate. Cole would probably feud with Omega right out of the gate if many would love to see him help Page take down the Elite before turning on him and trying to take the title away. 

Hogan was in WCW a couple years before the others showed up.  You can debut them quickly if they are going to be in the same stable (see NWO) but if not, spreading them out is the way to go.  You bring them all in at once youre gonna end up giving a huge amount of time to just new dudes to the organization, even if they are known.  That's what hurt WCW long term was it became the NWO and nothing else mattered for the most part.  Integrate them slowly with current stars and keep developing new talent and storylines for them to work off of

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Hogan was in WCW a couple years before the others showed up.  You can debut them quickly if they are going to be in the same stable (see NWO) but if not, spreading them out is the way to go.  You bring them all in at once youre gonna end up giving a huge amount of time to just new dudes to the organization, even if they are known.  That's what hurt WCW long term was it became the NWO and nothing else mattered for the most part.  Integrate them slowly with current stars and keep developing new talent and storylines for them to work off of

I got you. The NWO was such a big deal that it basically made WCW what it was so I don’t blame them for going all in. What made it bad was when they started doing all different types of NWO groups. I thought the eye balls on WCW to help new guys like young Rey Mysterio who made his debut the same night the NWO was formed at Bash at the Beach. Seeing the great cruiserweight division all the great tag teams and eventually seeing Booker T go from tag team to the WCW champ. Also seeing Goldberg attraction and so much more. I don’t think many would’ve seen that if it wasn’t for the NWO being a big deal. But it did get stale over time and instead of WCW doing something else differently from the NWO they tried to continue the NWO theme but it really got ridiculous. I was behind the NWO Wolfpack though.

Just for kicks, I will imagine that I have been hired as the new CEO of WWE! As such it will be my job to examine their whole roster of "superstars" and decide who stays and who goes! I quit watching regularly in 2010, but I won't let that stop me! 😜

First off: 21 goddamn championships? Right away I can see the titles mean nothing, and we have to change that or the whole promotion is screwed. So let's make that FOUR championships, shall we? World heavyweight, US, tag team, and women's. That's all you need.

I will keep: Adam Cole, AJ Styles, Asuka, Austin Theory, Becky Lynch, Bobby Lashley, Brock Lesnar, Cameron Grimes, Cesaro, Chad Gable, Charlotte Flair, Damian Priest, Dexter Lumis, Edge, Finn Balor, "Franky Monet" (Taya Valkyrie), Ilja Dragunov, John Morrison, Karrion Kross, Keith Lee, Lacey Evans, Natalya, Omos, Rhea Ripley, Robert Roode, Shelton Benjamin, Tommasco Ciampa, WALTER, Xavier Woods... and Pretty Deadly because they look like amazing heels. There. Thirty or so wrestlers is a fine starting point.

Cena, Orton and Samoa Joe are pretty much done in the ring, but they'll make appearances here and there. MVP, Scarlett, Nigel McGuinness, Zelina Vega, and a few others can stick around as managers or whatever. All these other people, I can do without.

The debut of Rampage was fun. Short, spicy and it had some surprises.

The opener was great. I kind of expected the win from Christian to build up a potential title vs. title match at All Out.

The TNT Championship match was very shot, but still with a good build. Fuego had a phenomenal start, but couldn't capitalize from it and quickly lost. He still got his contract, handed out by Sammy, which was a great moment for him.

Then it was time for the main event, which was also a good match. I really loved the way they build up the Lockjaw finish. The entire finishing sequence was great. Britt can defend her belt ofc. I was very surprised by the return of Jamie Hayter. I totally expected her to be signed wiht NXT UK, as she had a tryout there, but i'm happy to have her back and signed to AEW. That was a very pleasant surprise. She had a totally different look from her last appearance in AEW almost 2 years ago. I saw her the last time in march of last year, where you could start to see, that she lost a little bit weight, but from that look to now it's a difference like night and day. I already knew it, as i saw some pictures of her training on social media, but still it looked really impressive. She's good in the ring, so definitely a great addition for the women's division.

Rampage looked amazing. The production was spot on.

I don't know if it was just perfect micing or what but after Dynamite's pretty lackluster crowd in Pittsburgh I was a little worried. I can't believe how hot that crowd was the entire time. They ate that ish up. 

Great first show IMO.