Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Any guesses on the scores he wants to settle, as he said?

He did lose the ECW ship to Chavo lol

He's got history with Gallows and Serena Deeb in the Straight Edge Society...

Jericho cost him a title match vs Daniel Bryan in 2012

Then you know... Colt Cabana 

Jericho, Gallows? Maybe Cody about the text thing?

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

As a cancelled man once said: a lot of wrestling sucks but when it's good...it's ******* great.

Still the best description of it I've ever heard.

I think Raw going to 3 hours is what killed wrestling for me. Too much garbage filler. Also, wrestlers just flat out suck on the mic nowadays. That's why I hold The Miz in such high regard. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I think Raw going to 3 hours is what killed wrestling for me. Too much garbage filler. Also, wrestlers just flat out suck on the mic nowadays. That's why I hold The Miz in such high regard. 

I didn't start watching until 2011 (I know) so the 2 hour to 3 hour bump didn't mean much to me but I've heard tons of people say that. Funny thing is WWE has the talent to easily do 3 hours shows but they don't utilize it so it's all filler. Mic workers are so underappreciated. That, selling and storytelling can do so much more than a crazy move. Thankfully guys like Mox, Cody, and MJF seem to understand that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I didn't start watching until 2011 (I know) so the 2 hour to 3 hour bump didn't mean much to me but I've heard tons of people say that. Funny thing is WWE has the talent to easily do 3 hours shows but they don't utilize it so it's all filler. Mic workers are so underappreciated. That, selling and storytelling can do so much more than a crazy move. Thankfully guys like Mox, Cody, and MJF seem to understand that.

I'll be honest, I've always been more of a storyline and mic work guy over the actual in ring stuff. It's awesome when guys are great in ring, obviously, but I'm a movie buff and I read a ton. I'm a story person at heart. That's where wrestling has lost me these days. The stories/entertainment of the era that made me and a ton of other people love wrestling is just nonexistent these days. I do watch but 90% of the time, I'm not paying attention. Especially, IRT WWE, knowing that I only need to watch PPVs, for the most part, to see all the big moments. Raw and SDL really don't do anything to draw in viewers. 

Also, in this era, if I do miss a big moment on either show (or AEW for that matter), I can just YouTube it like I did tonight lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'll be honest, I've always been more of a storyline and mic work guy over the actual in ring stuff. It's awesome when guys are great in ring, obviously, but I'm a movie buff and I read a ton. I'm a story person at heart. That's where wrestling has lost me these days. The stories/entertainment of the era that made me and a ton of other people love wrestling is just nonexistent these days. I do watch but 90% of the time, I'm not paying attention. Especially, IRT WWE, knowing that I only need to watch PPVs, for the most part, to see all the big moments. Raw and SDL really don't do anything to draw in viewers. 

Also, in this era, if I do miss a big moment on either show (or AEW for that matter), I can just YouTube it like I did tonight lol.

1000% agree. This is exactly my mindset as well. Don't get me wrong I love wild or classic matches but a good story will ALWAYS trump all in professional wrestling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

1000% agree. This is exactly my mindset as well. Don't get me wrong I love wild or classic matches but a good story will ALWAYS trump all in professional wrestling.

The last time I was invested in a storyline was when The Shield was killing it. Since then, wrestling's been pretty dead for me. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The last time I was invested in a storyline was when The Shield was killing it. Since then, wrestling's been pretty dead for me. 

Don't blame you. I started late so I didn't understand the levels the stuff could get to. From mid 2011-to sometime in 2017 I watched every single Raw. I think I've watched about 20 minutes of it in the last 2.5 years now.

Even then all my favorite moments were segments/stories...the Punk pipebomb, Punk leaving with the title, Brock returning, the debut of The Shield, The Yes Movement, Kevin Owens NXT debut, etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Moreso for the atmosphere than Punk/Darby. It's going to be wild and everyone is going to be jacked up. Plus you have to think Bryan debuts too.

I actually think Bryan debuts in their NYC show.

Again, I do not care for CM Punk the person. He did/does represent the anger many fans like myself and those who quit watching wrestling all together have at what WWE did to wrestling. What it continues to do to it. 

AEW has a very very loyal fan base. In time, they’re gonna get the casual/part time viewers too. This thing is gonna be big.

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I actually think Bryan debuts in their NYC show.

Again, I do not care for CM Punk the person. He did/does represent the anger many fans like myself and those who quit watching wrestling all together have at what WWE did to wrestling. What it continues to do to it. 

AEW has a very very loyal fan base. In time, they’re gonna get the casual/part time viewers too. This thing is gonna be big.

That could definitely happen too. If not Bryan, maybe Cole.