Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Interesting. I wasn't sure if they'd "waste" (for lack of a better word) that moment on Page or not considering Danielson's in the fold now or even Punk.

Hangman Page's story with Kenny has been going on for two years. It would be foolish to toss that to the side because Tony has new toys. He's also their biggest homegrown talent, and they need a homegrown champion to cement the brand. It doesn't have to be a long reign but it needs to be him. Bryan and Punk are going to bring in eyes and attention no matter what. Use those extra eyes to show them how good and popular their champion is.

Plus they don't benefit from being given the title right away. It'll mean way more if they struggle for it as opposed to having it handed to them. Plus it makes the roster look like **** if no one can beat Kenny but one of these guys debuts and immediately takes his title.

Edited by Bullet Club

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Hangman Page's story with Kenny has been going on for two years. It would be foolish to toss that to the side because Tony has new toys. He's also their biggest homegrown talent, and they need a homegrown champion to cement the brand. It doesn't have to be a long reign but it needs to be him. Bryan and Punk are going to bring in eyes and attention no matter what. Use those extra eyes to show them how good and popular their champion is. Plus they don't benefit from being given the title right away. It'll mean way more if they struggle for it as opposed to having it handed to them.

Oh, no, I get that. I just figured Kenny's lost in other ways before hitting OWA so they could still do that with Page while "saving" the OWA streak. I'm all for Page being the guy but it's just surprising to me that he'd be the one to end it. Though, I guess there really isn't a way for that match to go 20+ and not have Kenny attempt it. Though a reversal into something devastating makes sense too. 

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Just now, beekay414 said:

Oh, no, I get that. I just figured Kenny's lost in other ways before hitting OWA so they could still do that with Page while "saving" the OWA streak. I'm all for Page being the guy but it's just surprising to me that he'd be the one to end it. Though, I guess there really isn't a way for that match to go 20+ and not have Kenny attempt it. Though a reversal into something devastating makes sense too. 

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

He went 50ish minutes with Okada and had it reversed a few times but never hit it, and that match was legendary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

That's what I mean. Page can still win reversing it. But a 2 year feud would make sense for the first.

Yeah, and the story is about Page overcoming not being good enough to win when it counts. Nothing sells that better that kicking out of the OWA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I've gotta disagree here. Daniel Bryan is absolutely a bigger name than Scott Hall, and will be held in significantly higher regard in an all time sense when he's done wrestling. He's already passed him but it won't be close when he's done. Scott Hall was part of a legendary faction, had a monumental debut, and has the classic match with HBK to his name, etc. Daniel Bryan's YES Movement run was a bigger than anything Hall ever did in singles and was the most over WWE guy since Austin. His jumping to AEW is a really big deal.

Nothing is bigger than The Outsiders invading WCW storyline. That buildup and payoff took WCW from AEW level viewership to the heights of 9 million. DB might end his career a bigger name. But story and impact wise. Hall is basically Scotty Pippen in this situation.

• Like 1

Just read the last few pages and going to throw my few cents in.

All out was a great PPV but let’s hold off on calling it one of the best ever. It had one really great match, and even that was very spot heavy. Two good matches in Punk/Darby and Omega/Christian, the rest was nothing special. Punk match gets over hyped just because it was his first one in 7 years.

Bryan is the better wrestler, but Scott Hall will always be the bigger name.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Oh good god. Daniel Bryan is not one of the biggest names in wrestling history. This is why I can't take you seriously. No god damn way is he a bigger or better name than Scott Hall, now or ever. lmao

As a fellow Scott Hall mark... I have three pieces of sports memorabilia, the ticket stub to my first game at Lambeau Field, confetti from the Cubs world series parade, and a Scott Hall action figure...heck I still have a buddy that every conversation is started with a "Hey yo!" rather then a hello... I can't agree with this. DB was never my thing but he main evented two Wrestlemanias and was clearly the most over person in wrestling at a point. As much as I love Scott Hall he was never over nearly to that point. You could argue DB was the most over wrestler of an era. 

That said.... Scott Hall was the coolest bad guy ever and that has been hugely influential to today's industry. The Bad Guy made it cool to cheer for the bad guy and as far as I know that wasn't really a thing before. 

Now you've got me rethinking everything. Way to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

As a fellow Scott Hall mark... I have three pieces of sports memorabilia, the ticket stub to my first game at Lambeau Field, confetti from the Cubs world series parade, and a Scott Hall action figure...heck I still have a buddy that every conversation is started with a "Hey yo!" rather then a hello... I can't agree with this. DB was never my thing but he main evented two Wrestlemanias and was clearly the most over person in wrestling at a point. As much as I love Scott Hall he was never over nearly to that point. You could argue DB was the most over wrestler of an era. 

That said.... Scott Hall was the coolest bad guy ever and that has been hugely influential to today's industry. The Bad Guy made it cool to cheer for the bad guy and as far as I know that wasn't really a thing before. 

Now you've got me rethinking everything. Way to go.

I kinda addressed all this with the era discussion. It's hard to compare their impacts since the eras were completely different. Scott Hall came up in an era where wrestling was arguably at it's peak while Bryan shined when wrestling was arguably at it's lowest point. It's flat out hard to compare. 

Scott Hall and his bad guy character work is iconic. That's a word I've used quite a few times in this conversation. I think that's the difference and I value that over the moments DB's had.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I kinda addressed all this with the era discussion. It's hard to compare their impacts since the eras were completely different. Scott Hall came up in an era where wrestling was arguably at it's peak while Bryan shined when wrestling was arguably at it's lowest point. It's flat out hard to compare. 

Scott Hall and his bad guy character work is iconic. That's a word I've used quite a few times in this conversation. I think that's the difference and I value that over the moments DB's had.

Scott and the NWO made that peak though. Things were fairly down across the board in the early 90s. The Outsiders kicked off the awakening.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Just read the last few pages and going to throw my few cents in.

All out was a great PPV but let’s hold off on calling it one of the best ever. It had one really great match, and even that was very spot heavy. Two good matches in Punk/Darby and Omega/Christian, the rest was nothing special. Punk match gets over hyped just because it was his first one in 7 years.

Bryan is the better wrestler, but Scott Hall will always be the bigger name.

nothing is ever topping WM 17 as far as best PPV.  People who think All Out is the best PPV ever is delusional.