Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The claim that Hall is a much bigger name keeps being made, and I really don't see any evidence of that. TV ratings being higher in his era is not evidence of that.

Cause recency bias or whatever. Also, the point was Bryan is a much larger name when he debuted than either hall or Nash was when they debuted.

17 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I hope for E’s sake they popped a good rating after that stunt. I get why they did it , but it better not be a regular thing 

This week’s viewership was down 9.68% from last week, while this week’s key demo rating was down 17.30% from last week.

I wasnt expecting any kind of a pop due to the NFL. But thought hyping this early would help hold viewership steady. Nearly 1/5th of the key demo bailed. Shocked at that one.

57 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I wasnt expecting any kind of a pop due to the NFL. But thought hyping this early would help hold viewership steady. Nearly 1/5th of the key demo bailed. Shocked at that one.

They thought they could spoil their own title change a la Mick Foley over the Rock being spoiled by Tony S on Nitro. Didn't work this time around. 

Glad to see E finally get a world title run, but I'm going to be honest (and this actually has nothing to do with a suggestion that they split up New Day - which I'm against doing just for the sake of doing), but E's very likely going to likely end up the same path that Drew went, and I'm not sure either will realize their real potential until/unless they're given a heel run and make the heel-to-babyface return arc (with or without an injury).  Which is a shame because I love Eton and his personality (listen to their podcast, the dude has you rolling on the regular), but I don't think Vince (and especially not Bruce and Laurinaitis) gets his natural brand of humor.

Similarly, happy to see Ciampa get the NXT title back, but I don't have a lot of faith in 2.0 (for one, it's an asinine title) and you can already see heavy Vince/Bruce/Johnny Ace fingerprints all over it.  Why in the hell you'd take the son of Rick Steiner and not bill him as a Steiner is beyond me, especially when he looks like his dad.  Similarly, (and he's only in developmental right now, but it's a righteous criticism) you sign the 3rd Rikishi son and, OK, you don't want him to use his actual first name (Joe) because it's already been made canon (Thanks, Cena!) that Roman Reigns is actually a Samoan named Joe from the same family.  But why you wouldn't brand him an Uso (which you already have trademarked) is dumb.

The Lumis/Hartwell wedding got old really quick.  And it was cookie-cutter Bruce/Vince stuff that we'd seen way too many times that if the crowd didn't pop for some stupid humor stuff would have fallen as flat as some other WWE-writing weddings a la Lashley/Lana.

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Why in the hell you'd take the son of Rick Steiner and not bill him as a Steiner is beyond me, especially when he looks like his dad.

I am assuming when he is brought to Smackdown or Raw he will be billed as a Steiner, adding a whole new layer to the stupidity of it all. 

"No one watches NXT, brother." - Vince

5 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Where would you like to see these talents go (or stay)?

Contracts that are up or expiring soon:

Bray Wyatt - Impact

Johnny Gargano - Impact or stay in NXT

Sami Zayn - NJPW

Kevin Owens -  AEW

I dont think zayn would last. Sucks aew's roster got so fat this quickly. 

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I am assuming when he is brought to Smackdown or Raw he will be billed as a Steiner, adding a whole new layer to the stupidity of it all. 

Vince wants to own any name used. I dont think we'll see the Steiner name in WWE.

21 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

To be fair (weird word to use, but that's the expression), even though they did have some run in WWF, I'm not sure Vince (and certainly not Bruce or Johnny Ace) has ever considered the Steiners to be "WWE guys;" there's minimal mention of them in the all-time list of tag teams they put together recently, and as solo talents they made their names almost exclusively (barring the infamous Scott Steiner/Triple H feud) in outside companies.  So Vince may genuinely have convinced himself that the Steiner name does have any draw to it - which is sad, but so is Vince.  We saw something similar with the way Mike Rotunda's kids were treated, and the fact that they very briefly allowed Tamina to use her last name (before she went back to the way of so many in WWE  where the idea of a surname is non-existent).  It almost seems like Vince managed to convince himself that when Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr didn't blow up (which largely had more to do with how they were booked - and Ted's lack of ability to cut a charismatic promo the way people expected someone with his name and father to do) the way Randy Orton did, Vince gave up altogether on the idea save the very obvious and unavoidable personas like Charlotte Flair (a name which he was still able to trademark since her real name is Ashley with the surname spelled differently).