Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

32 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What do you think would be the best way for him to turn heel and keep heat? 

I think the most money in heel Cody is as part Hollywood, part corporate ******* with the establishment backing him. If it were me I'd have him lean even more into "everything he does is a big deal and gets overbooking" while cutting more arrogant, patronizing promos but he still sees himself as the hero.

I think if you did that, and he broke his promise to win the title you'd have a ton of fun potential matchups. You could revisit the feud with Kenny. You could have him face Cole because that's who he replaced. Mox, Punk, Darby all work as rebels to fight back against the suit. Hangman & Bryan would get crazy cheers against him. There are so many options if you go that route.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I think the most money in heel Cody is as part Hollywood, part corporate ******* with the establishment backing him. If it were me I'd have him lean even more into "everything he does is a big deal and gets overbooking" while cutting more arrogant, patronizing promos but he still sees himself as the hero.

I think if you did that, and he broke his promise to win the title you'd have a ton of fun potential matchups. You could revisit the feud with Kenny. You could have him face Cole because that's who he replaced. Mox, Punk, Darby all work as rebels to fight back against the suit. Hangman & Bryan would get crazy cheers against him. There are so many options if you go that route.

As long as it’s not like ‘the authority ‘ or any type of authority figure that would be fine. 

I also don’t want him to be like Miz but it may be the best thing for him. 

Cody is in a very bad spot. There’s a lot of guys who have much more heat than him. I like Cody more than most I think , I really don’t think he has the talent to get that heat back nor do I think he has the willingness to leave this holier than thou baby face character he is 

33 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

As long as it’s not like ‘the authority ‘ or any type of authority figure that would be fine. 

I also don’t want him to be like Miz but it may be the best thing for him. 

Cody is in a very bad spot. There’s a lot of guys who have much more heat than him. I like Cody more than most I think , I really don’t think he has the talent to get that heat back nor do I think he has the willingness to leave this holier than thou baby face character he is 

He's definitely talented. His heel run before AEW which led to the Bullet Club Civil War was really good. I also think he has a great mind for wrestling. His ego is is more the problem imo. 

10 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's definitely talented. His heel run before AEW which led to the Bullet Club Civil War was really good. I also think he has a great mind for wrestling. His ego is is more the problem imo. 

He is very talented . Idk if he has the talent to outshine some of these other guys. 

The Civil War was good. I will say that ROH PPV was awful and the match underwhelmed .

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont understand this perspective, can you explain how ego has created issues? 

I don't think it's created any real issues (that I know of), moreso that it makes it harder to like him. QT Marshall wouldn't be where he's at if not for Cody. The TNT title has only been booked as most important title on the show, and the face of the show during one reign, and that was Cody's. Only Cody and Omega have had people debut on multiple occasions simply to come after them, and it's happened to Cody more. He has the most elaborate entrance, and most overbooked angles. Everything he does screams "put the spotlight on me".

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

He is very talented . Idk if he has the talent to outshine some of these other guys. 

The Civil War was good. I will say that ROH PPV was awful and the match underwhelmed .

When Cody's on he's a great mic worker and character. As a heel he can hang with anyone in that regard. Not in the ring but that's fine.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't think it's created any real issues (that I know of), moreso that it makes it harder to like him. QT Marshall wouldn't be where he's at if not for Cody. The TNT title has only been booked as most important title on the show, and the face of the show during one reign, and that was Cody's. Only Cody and Omega have had people debut on multiple occasions simply to come after them, and it's happened to Cody more. He has the most elaborate entrance, and most overbooked angles. Everything he does screams "put the spotlight on me".

I disagree on one major point, and that is debuting stars against him. Has it happened often? Yes. Is it a "put the spotlight on me" move? No. It's a, "Hey I have a spotlight, lets get it shone on this new guy coming in" move. Every single one of those feuds ends with Cody putting them over. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I disagree on one major point, and that is debuting stars against him. Has it happened often? Yes. Is it a "put the spotlight on me" move? No. It's a, "Hey I have a spotlight, lets get it shone on this new guy coming in" move. Every single one of those feuds ends with Cody putting them over. 

Are you sure about that? Let's go through them one by one (I think this is all of them).

Spears-Lost the match, lost the feud, his big momentum was killed, and he ended up directionless for a long time.

Wardlow-Lost the match, and then utilized as MJF's bodyguard.

Archer-Lost the match, lost the feud, and lost his momentum.

Ogogo-Lost the match, lost the feud, and hasn't been heard from since (I think he's hurt?).

Black-Won the match (and the sequel), and hopefully won the feud.

So all of them lost their first (and/or only) match against him except Black. All of them lost the feud except Black. You could make the argument that his TNT reign led to the signing of Eddie Kingston, and Ricky Starks but he beat both of them too, and while he gave them the spotlight they have made it on merit. This doesn't come off as Cody putting them over at all. The theme is feed the new guys to Cody, and then discard them, and see if they sink or swim on their own.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Are you sure about that? Let's go through them one by one (I think this is all of them).

Spears-Lost the match, lost the feud, his big momentum was killed, and he ended up directionless for a long time.

Wardlow-Lost the match, and then utilized as MJF's bodyguard.

Archer-Lost the match, lost the feud, and lost his momentum.

Ogogo-Lost the match, lost the feud, and hasn't been heard from since (I think he's hurt?).

Black-Won the match (and the sequel), and hopefully won the feud.

So all of them lost their first (and/or only) match against him except Black. All of them lost the feud except Black. You could make the argument that his TNT reign led to the signing of Eddie Kingston, and Ricky Starks but he beat both of them too, and while he gave them the spotlight they have made it on merit. This doesn't come off as Cody putting them over at all. The theme is feed the new guys to Cody, and then discard them, and see if they sink or swim on their own.

its fun that you leave out Darby Allin, MJF, and Brodie Lee. All three benefitted greatly from their feuds with Cody. Not to mention how he gave Jungle Boy, Ricky Starks, and Eddie Kingston the rub when they first got to AEW and they all also benefitted greatly from that program. Lets not cherry pick. Of course Cody won some feuds, its been pretty balanced. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

its fun that you leave out Darby Allin, MJF, and Brodie Lee. All three benefitted greatly from their feuds with Cody. Not to mention how he gave Jungle Boy, Ricky Starks, and Eddie Kingston the rub when they first got to AEW and they all also benefitted greatly from that program. Lets not cherry pick. Of course Cody won some feuds, its been pretty balanced. 

I didn't say Cody doesn't put people over. I was precise with my words. I was talking about debuts against him, and you specifically used that term too.

7 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I didn't say Cody doesn't put people over. I was precise with my words. I was talking about debuts against him, and you specifically used that term too.

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Darby Allin, Eddie Kingston, and Ricky Starks debuted against Cody