Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I always heard how much of a mess WCW was in it's final days but holy **** it's world title situation was insane.

From 12/27/1998 to 3/26/2001 there were 31 world title changes. 15 of them lasted under 10 days, 25 of them lasted under 60 days, and 29 consecutive reigns lasted under 80 days.

In 2000 alone, they were 19 world title changes, and it was vacated 6 times. No wonder they went extinct.

As a teenager, I loved it. I liked not knowing instead of being able to predict when something big is coming nowadays. Obviously not that crazy but how rare, other than cash-ins, is it for a WWE/Universal Champion losing the title on Raw or Smackdown?

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As a teenager, I loved it. I liked not knowing instead of being able to predict when something big is coming nowadays. Obviously not that crazy but how rare, other than cash-ins, is it for a WWE/Universal Champion losing the title on Raw or Smackdown?

It's not common as of the last time I watched

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's not common as of the last time I watched

Believe it or not, including Big E's cash-in, 3 of the last 4 title changes have been on Raw. Prior to that? You have to go back to Reigns winning it in late 2015. Prior to Reigns, it was Cena beating Mysterio in 2011 when CM Punk returned that night with his belt. Twice in damn near a decade on Raw before McIntyre/Lashley/Big E lmao. Smackdown had a few changes (Styles, Bryan, Lesnar) during that time.  So five times, in a decade, the WWE Championship has changed hands on non-PPV shows before the recent "trend".

The Universal Championship has been won once on Raw/Smackdown and that was Kevin Owens in 2016 on Raw after Balor vacated fwiw.

Edited by beekay414

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

idk sounds like you are getting worked - which is not an insult. The whole point of watching wrestling is to get worked. 

Everyone always says how much they hate the current Bucks, and I'm like...good? They are heels.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

idk sounds like you are getting worked - which is not an insult. The whole point of watching wrestling is to get worked. 

Eh, it doesn’t make me wanna watch them. Most of the time when they start to talk , I’ll look at my phone or something. 

Acting  stupid for stupid sake is not being a heel. When I see Matt think he’s edgy by humping the air or Gallows ( a 37 year old man ) jerk off the belt, I don’t get that emotion of wanting them to lose. I ask myself why I’m watching, and hope it ends. 

• Like 1

The Elite  are currently the only segments I feel like I can't miss on AEW right now 

Darby with a really good promo (contextually) given he's never shown that ability on a live mic before.

I also think the TNT title is the best booked championship in wrestling. The title always changes hands at what feels like the height of the reign. It never overstays it's welcome.

Anyways, Sammy is one of my favorites, but idt it was time for Miro to lose and I wish he lost in a more drawn out feud. 

Cole vs JB was great. JB is showing so much more charisma, especially in ring. Christian is doing wonders for him. 

I really like the Dark Order segment. I wish Bray woulda brought them back together but this was nice. Did Punk say anything about Cabana on commentary ? Awkward….

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I came on here to say this almost verbatim. Happy for Sammy but it didn't feel like the right time to me.

I’m just not a fan of losing titles with no build, Especially with how hot Miro is. The guy seems like a superstar. A longer drawn out feud culminating in a Sammy win would’ve made it way more special. 

Im really curious on what they do with Miro.  I hope they continue pushing him. They’re really heel heavy and I don’t know where he goes next. I think he would be a great faction leader. 

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m just not a fan of losing titles with no build, Especially with how hot Miro is. The guy seems like a superstar. A longer drawn out feud culminating in a Sammy win would’ve made it way more special. 

Im really curious on what they do with Miro.  I hope they continue pushing him. They’re really heel heavy and I don’t know where he goes next. I think he would be a great faction leader. 

I could see him going after Mox, Christian or maybe Cody. An established guy who can take a loss. Imo it'd be too soon to put him against Bryan or Punk.