Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Really?

I'd argue Claudio is the most underutilized wrestler of the last decade.

He's a little bit old (41 I believe) but he's gotten himself over before and he'll do it again if given an opportunity . I'd happily trade Claudio for Cody straight up any day. He's custom made for AEW. He'd slide into the upper midcard lower ME picture seamlessly IMO. 

I'd love to hear why you don't like him though. 

He doesn't bring anything they don't have except maybe physically. He's an all time great in-ring guy who lacks everywhere else. AEW doesn't need more great wrestlers without a decent character or mic skills. 

14 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He doesn't bring anything they don't have except maybe physically. He's an all time great in-ring guy who lacks everywhere else. AEW doesn't need more great wrestlers without a decent character or mic skills. 

Fair enough. I think the lack of character/mic skills is wwe failing him but I can see your POV. As I said I'm a big "if they got over once they can do it again" guy though. He's been in my top 5 of wwe guys I've wanted in aew from day one so I'm biased af.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

it's more the hate on getting rid of a lot of people that community likes from nxt 1.0 to make it happen

Which is ridiculous in my opinion. Last year people were complaining that NXT 1.0 was stale and the audience was dropping. 

Now they make changes and freshen things up and people still complain. 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Which is ridiculous in my opinion. Last year people were complaining that NXT 1.0 was stale and the audience was dropping. 

Now they make changes and freshen things up and people still complain. 

They didn't freshen things up, the completely changed it and dumped all the people that helped build it up to that point. NXT went through plenty of eras but maintained its fanbase. They didn't need 2.0, they just needed to grow from the Cole/Gargano spotfests. 

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Never understood the stanning of Cesaro. Strong midcarder is his ceiling IMO 

I mean, he's good.  He actually has a great personality out-of-character, but that personality doesn't really lend itself to being used as a in-ring persona type.

That said, I've got a pretty strong suspicion that all the people that are thinking Cesaro is finally going to get an opportunity to be a World Champion now that he's free of WWE shackles are going to be severely disappointed in the result if he goes to AEW.  There's a hierarchy in AEW that isn't going to put anything more than the TNT title on him anytime in the foreseeable future.  He can still have a fair amount of success there, but at the same time... he could also very much end up being arguably wasted the same way FTR have been.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I mean, he's good.  He actually has a great personality out-of-character, but that personality doesn't really lend itself to being used as a in-ring persona type.

That said, I've got a pretty strong suspicion that all the people that are thinking Cesaro is finally going to get an opportunity to be a World Champion now that he's free of WWE shackles are going to be severely disappointed in the result if he goes to AEW.  There's a hierarchy in AEW that isn't going to put anything more than the TNT title on him anytime in the foreseeable future.  He can still have a fair amount of success there, but at the same time... he could also very much end up being arguably wasted the same way FTR have been.

The bolded are exactly my thoughts, but maybe my perception is a bit glass empty. I agree with your AEW theory. He will be used to his fullest potential in the ring, they will use him to create really memorable TV matches as they are want to do. However, they wont elevate him to the ME scene. They have WAY too many guys ahead of him, especially if Tony's infatuation with Keith Lee is to be believed. 

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The bolded are exactly my thoughts, but maybe my perception is a bit glass empty. I agree with your AEW theory. He will be used to his fullest potential in the ring, they will use him to create really memorable TV matches as they are want to do. However, they wont elevate him to the ME scene. They have WAY too many guys ahead of him, especially if Tony's infatuation with Keith Lee is to be believed. 

Yeah, ultimate I feel like if he signs with them, his biggest impact will be in helping put over and (assuming they're receptive) helping in the development of guys like Wardlow and Hobbs who - similar to Claudio - have the natural strength to be able to do stuff whether their opponent is cooperating or not (there's a time and place for it and I'm not saying to take advantage of guys, but sometimes keeping them from doing stuff that endangers themselves or others more than they should is necessary).

• Like 1