Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

WWE 2k22 definitely a step in the right direction, but still not as good as the AKI games. Nice foundation to eventually create a game equal to those games though. They need to massively improve the story modes, and tighten up some gameplay stuff, but it's one of the better wrestling games to come out in recent years.

i love wwe 2k22.  that time off was much needed for 2k devs.  

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I watched the Seth/Vince segment to see if they'd bring up Cody. No wonder I gave up on WWE. Holy **** Seth is an atrocious character.

I think Seth is actually doing a good job with the character, but could see why it would look silly if you were watching him for the first time in a long time. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

I think Seth is actually doing a good job with the character, but could see why it would look silly if you were watching him for the first time in a long time. 

Sorry, I typed too quickly and wasn't thinking. Let me rephrase. Seth's acting was horrible. The character wasn't bad.

On 3/29/2022 at 8:30 AM, Bullet Club said:

I watched the Seth/Vince segment to see if they'd bring up Cody. No wonder I gave up on WWE. Holy **** Seth is an atrocious character.

And yet, I'm sure Vince (and especially Bruce because, let's face it, Seth's current character is Brother Love if Brother Love was in any sort of decent shape that would allow him to wrestle) loves it.

They weren't going to mention Cody because they're going for the pop (because they don't/feel like they don't need to sell the show anymore because Peacock and streaming services are cheap) not the hype.  So they're figuring they'll get something similar to the Hardys returning - except that that was kept way better under wraps, to the extent that (I may not have this right, but I believe I read somewhere that) Gabe Sapolsky pulled some strings in helping get the Hardys/Bucks tables match that took place the night before in New York booked so that Matt and Jeff would already be in town.

I mean, it's Mania, the crowd is going to pop for any return because it's a heavily casual crowd, but the way they've booked this, I'm not really sure where either Seth or Cody comes out with fantastic credibility or cachet, no matter the result.

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm waiting for the swerve to be Gabe Stevenson vs Rollins

I can almost guarantee there's a swerve of some kind, but I think we still get the match as expected.  It's M.O. for the E writers and Vince to try to troll the crowd in these type of situations.  The Taker/Cena thing we got an Elias red herring.  Even the Hardy comeback, up until the reveal they have everyone biting on the "hosting" New Day going to insert themselves into the match.

What wouldn't be a bad troll job would be for Vince to get on the mic and tell Seth that his opponent is a second-generation star and the son of one of the greatest promoters in sports entertainment.  Cue "Shane's music."  Dolla Dolla.  Shane even comes out dancing on the stage and Vince just deadpan turns around and asks him, "What the hell are you doing here?"  Then they finally run Cody's music.

7 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I can almost guarantee there's a swerve of some kind, but I think we still get the match as expected.  It's M.O. for the E writers and Vince to try to troll the crowd in these type of situations.  The Taker/Cena thing we got an Elias red herring.  Even the Hardy comeback, up until the reveal they have everyone biting on the "hosting" New Day going to insert themselves into the match.

What wouldn't be a bad troll job would be for Vince to get on the mic and tell Seth that his opponent is a second-generation star and the son of one of the greatest promoters in sports entertainment.  Cue "Shane's music."  Dolla Dolla.  Shane even comes out dancing on the stage and Vince just deadpan turns around and asks him, "What the hell are you doing here?"  Then they finally run Cody's music.

But as stardust

37 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

But as stardust

Honestly, while I feel like he could end up back as Stardust at some point, Vince and Bruce are petty enough that I think they're going to initially run with him as specifically Cody Rhodes, the former EVP of the rival promotion (I don't think they'll script him to acknowledge them by name - whether he does or not is anyone's guess), to the point where I won't be surprised if they use the same theme (I believe Cody owns the rights) or at least the rising, center-stage entrance that he used in AEW.  Vince isn't one to acknowledge the competition as an equal, but he is exactly the type of guy to take potshots at people that have taken them at him and his company.