Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 7/17/2019 at 11:23 AM, The LBC said:

They're scoring some wins in some places, but until the fix the commentary stuff (sorry, but they're literally at a point where JR can't save them and I have to put the show on mute - and watching wrestling without commentary isn't right), they're automatically second-rate to me.  The "legitimate sports broadcaster/journalist" they have is flat out awful and Excalibur is doing a half-arsed Mauro Ranallo impersonation - which doesn't help when the other company has the actual Mauro (even if he only gets used for NXT and specials).

Sure, Marvez is bad but Graves and Cole both actually ruin matches for me whereas Marvez just sounds like timid. I'd take Ross/Excalibur over Graves/Cole any day. I think Ross is pretty bad now fwiw. 

I agree with Marvez. He's bad, but i do like Excalibur and JR is definitely past his crime, but for the first few months it should be ok, to keep him at the commentary table for a nostalgic feeling and as a familiar voice for the mainstream fans. Afterwards keep him and probably let him handle some interviews for the show and youtube.

Extreme rules was a solid show and then they just reset everything heading into summer slam and instead of building rilvaries, they do number 1 contender matches? That’s dumb. KO vs Shane might be the best thing on the show. 

The two woman’s title matches are like whatever 

Rollins vs Lesnar was literally just the match at Mania. 

Kofi had his moment but unless they are going to make a heel turn for new day, having them all as champions doesn’t really work. 

My hope is that they are onto something with KO. He would be a great guy to continue feuding with authority figures and everyone before winning the Royal Rumble. 

i wouldn’t mind seeing either the new day or the Club join with an authority figure and have KO mess with them, win the rumble and then take a belt off Kofi/Styles. 

KO is hot right now they should ride it but they probably bury him like they have the Miz. 

But can they really give KO the stunner move and not run a program similar to the Austin title chase? 

Just watched the pipe bomb for the first time in awhile. I do think it's the greatest promo in modern wrestling... I wasn't watching wrestling at that point in my life and largely missed the Punk era in WWE... I have seen more of Punk in ROH/TNA than I have in WWE. Just seemed like one of those baby turning points in the wrestling industry. I read about it on some headline and made sure to watch it a few days after it happened... then the Punk/Cena match was one of the best of all time as well, imo. Just very rarely does it feel like WWE catches that lightning in a bottle in the last 10 years and this is one time they absolutely capitalized on it. When they do capitalize on it, it's just such good poop. 

If Punk goes to AEW, it won't be the Punk we want. It'll be a nostalgia act. Punk in WWE was an early revolutionary. Punk today would just be another member of the elite in terms of things he could be doing. 

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Just watched the pipe bomb for the first time in awhile. I do think it's the greatest promo in modern wrestling... I wasn't watching wrestling at that point in my life and largely missed the Punk era in WWE... I have seen more of Punk in ROH/TNA than I have in WWE. Just seemed like one of those baby turning points in the wrestling industry. I read about it on some headline and made sure to watch it a few days after it happened... then the Punk/Cena match was one of the best of all time as well, imo. Just very rarely does it feel like WWE catches that lightning in a bottle in the last 10 years and this is one time they absolutely capitalized on it. When they do capitalize on it, it's just such good poop. 

If Punk goes to AEW, it won't be the Punk we want. It'll be a nostalgia act. Punk in WWE was an early revolutionary. Punk today would just be another member of the elite in terms of things he could be doing. 

The original Summer of Punk in RoH was better than what the E did. But I truly believe that Trips ego got in the way and derailed Punks momentum. 

Osprey: "I mean you're like a multi time champ, could you just leave for a bit come here for #OspreayVsOrton then go back...just saying"

Orton: "Sounds like $ to me. I’ll ask Tuesday at #SmackdownLive since I’m not on the #RAWReunion #raw #wwe #wtf"

Randy Orton : ”Realistically speaking there’s nothing that you could ‘plan’ that makes you ‘smile every single minute of every single day’. But WWE IS all about putting smiles on faces. 😊#ospreayvsorton 06/2020”

Putting this under. "Things I didnt know I wanted. Until I did."

Edited by PARROTHEAD

Aside from seeing the legends this was a wasted show. They trying to build up the newly named The OC but yet they have them look soft against 7 old timers?? And they had chairs!!

Roman v Joe was new but why not have Joe destroy him and get disqualified or have them keep fighting in a double count out to further this fresh feud? 

It's like every week the face has to go over

• Like 2

Thought this show would be awesome. They managed to bore me more than usual despite the star power.

The WWE really is in trouble. I've been loyal to them since freaking 1999, but today I un-DVR'ed Raw and Smackdown. I just don't find the shows interesting anymore. It's really sad and it doesn't look like there is a solution in sight.

Kill the brand split. Make SmackDown matter by actually furthering storylines on the show, not by neutering your roster and feuds by splitting it in half.

18 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Putting this under. "Things I didnt know I wanted. Until I did."

To be fair, compared to a number of the flier types in NJPW (at this point I'm convinced that Naito/Ibushi are literally trying to kill each other and shouldn't be booked together again for the sake of the long-term safety of the both of them) Ospreay manages to take safer bumps than most, so the high-angle, off the top turnbuckle RKO to the floor that he'd want to take would probably be less likely to result in an injury than others.

That said, having seen extensive outside-WWE Ricochet, I'm confident we'd effective get a very similar match out of Orton/Ricochet, were it ever to be booked.  Including an RKO out of a Shooting Star Press attempt (which has actually been done on the indies, but never with Orton or Ric as one of the participants... I actually think Teddy Hart was the one receiving it).