Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

13 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

...in the most WWE thing ever, Balor's demon will come back and defeat Wyatt and he'll never have the same mystique again.

The way this should play off after Bray/Fiend monster heel run should be Bray's face turn. With Bray wanting to do good but the Fiend controlling him. Find a monster sized human in NXT to wear the mask of the Fiend in the eventual Bray vs Fiend for full control. Have Bray win and make his face turn. Getting control of the Fiend and only bringing him out when needed, at first. Slowly the Fiend is gaining more and more power every time Bray brings him out. Leading to the Fiend gaining enough power to come back and taking over Bray. 

Demon Finn and the Fiend never cross paths in all that time. And Finn doesnt bring out the Demon in that time as well. Finn is enjoying a nice run with the OC. Demon Finn and the Fiend dont interact until after the Fiend takes control over from Bray. They form a tag team . I would go more in depth but I'm already tired of typing all of this out lmao

12 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

The way this should play off after Bray/Fiend monster heel run should be Bray's face turn. With Bray wanting to do good but the Fiend controlling him. Find a monster sized human in NXT to wear the mask of the Fiend in the eventual Bray vs Fiend for full control. Have Bray win and make his face turn. Getting control of the Fiend and only bringing him out when needed, at first. Slowly the Fiend is gaining more and more power every time Bray brings him out. Leading to the Fiend gaining enough power to come back and taking over Bray. 

Demon Finn and the Fiend never cross paths in all that time. And Finn doesnt bring out the Demon in that time as well. Finn is enjoying a nice run with the OC. Demon Finn and the Fiend dont interact until after the Fiend takes control over from Bray. They form a tag team . I would go more in depth but I'm already tired of typing all of this out lmao

I don’t like Bray as a face tho. He can be a “heel” in a traditional sense, but get babyface cheers. 

15 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Goldberg vs Ziggler for SS, yawn.

Wait, is that confirmed? What a disaster of a match that would be. Ziggler is great but there's no way he can carry Goldberg (no one can at this point in Goldberg's career). It was cool to see Goldberg come back vs. Lesnar at Survivor Series that one year, but he should have stayed away since then besides facing Lesnar again at WM (which shouldn't have been for the title).

Senada vs Okada G1 is the MOTY so far for me.

On the edge of my seat pulling hard for Senada the last 10 mins. Just knowing it was going to end in a draw. But it had me pulling hard for him anyway. And then boom.

That. To me. Is perfect in-ring storytelling. Cause Okada is my favorite. But there I was 2nd half of the match pullin as hard for Senada as I have ever for anyone.

You can love Lucha or flip styles, love brawling or power or grappling. But that match was catered to my personal taste perfectly. Loved every moment.

On 7/25/2019 at 10:22 PM, buddy_z34 said:

Meh.  There are some positives to this, but until Vince is out of the picture, allowing the "good side" of Bray to be the dominant persona, particularly in a face turn, is a death sentence to the character (see Kane when they turned him into a creeper that wanted to hook up with Torie and Lita, except Bray's character has died a death once before).  If they do have the Fiend as some sort of possession bit, it's a decent vehicle for someone like a shaved (his back at least) Killian Dain, but the wrestler still has to have Bray's personality to carry the creepy aspect, not just being intimidating.

The Fiend going over Demon Finn makes a ton of sense (not that I trust Vince to realize this, but Heyman should and Prichard should, so there's hope at least) because it's not the Demon getting beaten but just some normal wrestler - it's the next closest thing to the character being able to drop a match to Taker while keeping the gimmick's specialness salvageable - and also eliminating the "it's obvious he's going to win because he's the Demon" stigma.

This is the closest we've seen Bray to his FCW/NXT character, right down to the "Let me in" catchphrase.  They wen't overboard with the Eater of Worlds stuff, especially in trying to make him some over-the-top cult leader... because cult leaders are typically not over-the-top, they're charismatic as hell, but they're not maniacal, laughing caricatures.  At this point with the gimmick, you aren't going to be able to get Bray over as a full-blown heel even if he just utterly obliterates a number of fair profile guys (you'll just end up with fans doing the same that happened with Lesnar recently, where they're chanting "One more time" at Brock hitting chair spot after chair spot on Seth).  The only way i could think of to possibly get him that kind of *hated* heat is to have him more than just physical destroy, but psychologically and reputationally destroy someone like a Matt Hardy (and put him out for good), we're talking going "too far" after an excessive beatdown... shaving his head... Matt gets the "heroic comeback" and just gets destroyed again and never comes back on-camera until several years later when he and Jeff are inducted in the HOF.  And Vince isn't going to book that.  So Bray's a tweener.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, DawgX said:

Wait, is that confirmed? What a disaster of a match that would be. Ziggler is great but there's no way he can carry Goldberg (no one can at this point in Goldberg's career). It was cool to see Goldberg come back vs. Lesnar at Survivor Series that one year, but he should have stayed away since then besides facing Lesnar again at WM (which shouldn't have been for the title).

probably a squash match, tbh

8 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

probably a squash match, tbh

Yup.  I'm actually kind of excited to see if Dolph can achieve a Street FIghter 2 level multi-bounce at taking the Jackhammer.  Still not convinced it happens at Summer Slam though.  Could be more of a Survivor Series bit.

• Like 1