Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

People bashing the Houston crowd last night are both hilarious and stupid.

I went last night and it was a pretty good crowd as far as crowd noise.  It obviously didnt pick up on TV cause HHH and Steph probably stopped the piped crowd noise.  People saying WWE should never go back to Houston makes me laugh as if Houston isnt a top 5 wrestling city/crowd.

Edited by Texansfan713

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I went last night and it was a pretty good crowd as far as crowd noise.  It obviously didnt pick up on TV cause HHH and Steph probably stopped the piped crowd noise.  People saying WWE should never go back to Houston makes me laugh as if Houston isnt a top 5 wrestling city/crowd.

Top 10 I'd give you, but (particularly depending on the promotion) they're not Top 5.  Not even sure I'd put them as the Top of Texas, tbh.

20 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Top 10 I'd give you, but (particularly depending on the promotion) they're not Top 5.  Not even sure I'd put them as the Top of Texas, tbh.

they are easily a top 5 wrestling city. definitely best in texas.

look at the crowds for

WM 17

WM 25

The smackdown after 9/11

the wwe raw when kevin owens won the universal title

royal rumble 2020

the smackdown when crowds came back last year

only cities better than them are new york, chicago, philly and maybe toronto

i've been to wrestling events in san antonio and dallas and neither had hotter crowds than houston.  

19 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Glad you had a good time at the show, dont worry about anyone bashing Houston. Trust me, coming from someone in a historic wrestling town (St. Louis) who people have talked junk on, what comes across on TV is never what its actually like in the arena, for better or worse

I do hope the piped in crowed noise is going to be toned down, it will never fully go away, but it can be tolerable. And the quick cuts just need to stop, it makes the show unwatchable. I dont remember it being a Black & Gold NXT issue, so hopefully were done with that also

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

they are easily a top 5 wrestling city. definitely best in texas.

look at the crowds for

WM 17

WM 25

The smackdown after 9/11

the wwe raw when kevin owens won the universal title

royal rumble 2020

the smackdown when crowds came back last year

only cities better than them are new york, chicago, philly and maybe toronto

i've been to wrestling events in san antonio and dallas and neither had hotter crowds than houston.  

HBK and Taker at WM25 was something else.

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I liked when he had no theme at all.

Yeah, but that's not happening in the modern era.  Even for casuals, walkout music (ironically because of pro wrestling) is expected for any real or simulated combat sport.  Boxing, UFC, hell... even competitive eaters have walkout music nowadays.

30 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Yeah, but that's not happening in the modern era.  Even for casuals, walkout music (ironically because of pro wrestling) is expected for any real or simulated combat sport.  Boxing, UFC, hell... even competitive eaters have walkout music nowadays.

Wasn't all of that true when he didn't have a theme?  

On 8/5/2022 at 10:50 AM, OkeyDoke21 said:

Wasn't all of that true when he didn't have a theme?  

NXT was still, despite better ratings, viewed as the developmental show.  And him not having a theme didn't really happen for any kind of extended period.

On 8/6/2022 at 2:06 AM, Bullet Club said:

I don't get it with Kross at all. Glad WWE snagged him as opposed to AEW. I do like Scarlett though.

I feel like the thoughts on Kross (not saying from you) showing up at Smackdown now come off as a little bitter. Frankly, his main roster spot was ruined by McMahon and I think we can all agree to that. Never seen anyone complain about his NXT run and now suddenly everyone on Twitter makes him seem like he never belonged.