Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Pease oh please now that she's heel.. Can we stop the Michael Cole. It's boss time ridiculousness 

We can likely count on that, save for the one time every two or so months where Cole - for some strange reason - feels the need to play Heel Cole and will slip it in there and it will make no sense whatsoever.

I'm really, really hopeful that they use KOTR to put over either Ricochet or Mustafa because either guy could really use it (though I think the logistics of a "King Ali" moniker and the potential for too many Aladdin jokes probably crosses off Mustafa).

KotR winners are usually heels as they play off the tyrant ways of a king. Unless this year they go with a King of the People and let Ricochet win but his persona doesnt fit that of a King. McIntyre, Joe or Cesaro would be my choices. 

As everyone wonders who is the next opponent for The Fiend?? You cant turn back and feed him to local jobbers after just beating Finn. It would be pointless and itll get old quick. You cant have him squash any wrestler as itll halt any progress that wrestler has had. So I only see a logical opponent in Monster v The Fiend or you bring in Broken Hardy to play off his old beef with Bray.

On 8/12/2019 at 12:22 PM, Livewire said:

I've watched The Fiend's entrance like ten times already. Everything about it was excellent.

I was pleasantly surprised how good Lesnar/Rollins was. I would imagine Brock will be heading to Smackdown now when it debuts on Fox.

Bray went from having the best entrance in the company to still having the best entrance in the company.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

KotR winners are usually heels as they play off the tyrant ways of a king.

So with that in mind... who's ready for King Corbin?  Because you know it's happening.  You just know it.

And I'd also bet on Cedric Alexander being the next opponent for Bray.  They built him up a little over the past month or so via the feud with Drew, he can definitely have a good match(es) with Bray. and let's be real, no one's really going to bat a lash if he's wrecked by The Fiend.

I like King of the Ring. They never should have gotten rid of it. They should have kept it in June and the winner should have gotten a title match at SummerSlam. 

The problems all started when Billy Gunn won years and years ago and they didn’t do anything with him. 

They also stopped having most of the matches on the actual event. I love pay per views that are a large tourney. 

They loaded this king of the ring though. Might be the best collection of talent they have ever had. 

Could be the worst KOTR lineup Ive ever seen. Far too many midgets, jobberrs and nonames because all the top talent is held from it. They need a good 3 from AJ Seth Roman Braun or Brock.

Smackdowns lineup. Shelton is basically a giant compared to the rest.
Raw at least has Corbin, Drew, Cesaro and Miz.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, biggio7 said:

It's boring that the King of the Ring is always a heel though. My not make a good fair King? At least to start.

Because there's nothing substantial that's gained from winning the KOTR for a face, other than Cole oversaturating whatever kitschy lines Vince wants said on repeat about the winner.  If winning KOTR granted the winner an opportunity to challenge any champion of their choosing, that might be one thing.  But it really doesn't do anything to bolster storylines for a babyface, but it can freshen up the gimmick for a heel.

The Fiend is really cool. They've really knocked this out of the park. I thought it'd have been cool if Balor had gotten some color or if he had taken a pretty big bump of some sort for the Fiend to look really terrorizing but it's such a different thing than anything I can remember in wrestling. It just feels like the character is above wrestling.